Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Letter to the Editor Got Published

My Letter to the Editor Got Published

This is just a reminder, write in those letters. Mine got published in the local paper. I did not mention Paul, but I called out the hypocrisy of the false left/right paradigm. Here's what I wrote:

So let me get this straight. Republicans, you are the party of life, for a small government, less taxes and fiscal conservatism, yet you support the printing and borrowing of money for a trillion dollar foreign policy. You support giving billions of dollars in foreign welfare to Israel and even more to her enemies. You are a Christian, who values the Golden Rule, yet you support invading and occupying foreign lands. You are pro-life and defend the rights of the unborn, yet you are also pro-war, consenting to the murder of innocent lives in another land. You are for individual freedom, yet you surrender your personal rights to the TSA or police checkpoints under the illusion of safety. You are against forced health care yet you support forced retirement care.

Democrats, you are the party of peace, civil liberty, justice and equality for all. Yet you believe you are entitled to someone else's property by supporting an authority who steals from one and gives to another. You are against corporate monopolies with special privileges, yet you support a large central government who has a monopoly of power, granting privileges to their select corporations. You are for strict regulations of industry, yet you are shocked and appalled when those chosen regulators are previous executives from corporations, who grant exemption waivers for their cronies while targeting weaker, smaller business. You are for civil liberty, yet you are against economic liberty. You are anti-war unless a Democrat is in office to continue and start new wars.

Perhaps we are just confused.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice. +rep
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

+rep! Excellent!!!!

+ rep!

Shared on facebook as an excellent letter to the editor.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Thanks all. If someone wants to use that letter and send it in to their own local paper, go right ahead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL

Good one Romulus.

Props
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Wish I could rep you.
    But I don't know how.

Great letter!

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Wish I could rep you.
    But I don't know how.

Great letter!
    Your post count isn't high enough. I got ya covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Thanks all. If someone wants to use that letter and send it in to their own local paper, go right ahead.
    Thanks, I may just do that!
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

I think that's a great idea. Could you imagine 100's of that letter peppered across America in local town newspapers reaching the audience that we definitely need read this and understand this could change people's thinking. What's it cost to do? The price of a stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    I think that's a great idea. Could you imagine 100's of that letter peppered across America in local town newspapers reaching the audience that we definitely need read this and understand this could change people's thinking. What's it cost to do? The price of a stamp.
    Nothing. I emailed it to them.

If it gets people to actually think about what they support, then I have done my job.

That is a great letter-to-the-editor. +rep.

It would literally take about a minute for everyone to send this in to their local paper. Letters to the editor are almost always accepted online or via email. Check out your newspaper's website. Great letter !

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

PeacePlan

+rep and posted this on my facebook...

Make sure that the editor understands that this is not your words if you forward it and that you've received permission to forward it.

Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy of our current political landscape.

They only thing I would have said different is calling the democrats the "party of peace". Historically it was the democrats policing the world and getting us into wars and it was the republicans who got us out of the wars, Truman(Korea) Kennedy(Vietnam).

Quote Originally Posted by raystone View Post
    It would literally take about a minute for everyone to send this in to their local paper. Letters to the editor are almost always accepted online or via email. Check out your newspaper's website. Great letter !
    Thank you... yes, just copy, paste and email to your local paper for free.

I just got a some real positive feedback from my parents - I think this letter might actually open them up and win them over to supporting Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by slamhead View Post
    They only thing I would have said different is calling the democrats the "party of peace". Historically it was the democrats policing the world and getting us into wars and it was the republicans who got us out of the wars, Truman(Korea) Kennedy(Vietnam).
    Yep, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam. All "Democrats" and all kind of big ones.

Big Government, leftist/progressive Wilsonian foreign policy - still following it today....I let "conservatives" know that any chance I get.
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

What is Rep? Please, somebody teach me how to rep this guy Romulus my new hero! Bravo Romulus!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks, it has given me ideas and direction for a "letter to the editor". If you're good, which this is, keep writing - I bet they publish them.
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

Sent it to my local newspaper.
    "The woods are lovely, dark, and deep... But I have got promises to keep.. and miles to go before I sleep.." - Robert Frost

Reminds me of an episode of Jon Stewart where he talked about how republicans are pro life yet they applaud a governor executing over 200 people. How they are against death panels but want uninsured to die on the street. How they support the troops yet don't want gay people to serve.

Romulus, that is an excellent job of fitting a lot of material into a very short letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    there should be a sticky thread with letters etc etc from people allwoing folks to use them!!

I'd like the Link to tweet the Original and to share on Facebook, so I can give the original author his DUE..Better than a +Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast