Thread: Campaign Arrives in WA - We need help!

Campaign Arrives in WA - We need help!

Hello Washington!

My name is Pedro Serra, I'll be the Director heading up the campaign efforts for the state. I wanted to introduce myself and invite everyone who wants to get involved to do so.

I'm really excited to be in Washington, if we all work together and pour our hearts into the next few months, this is a state we can definitely win!

As of today, there are only 20 weeks left until the March 3rd Caucus! That's going to fly by - so we need to work smart.

The strategy that's going to win is the following: identify existing supporters and get them in our state database.

We have enough supporters out there to win. Converting non-supporters is a huge time consumer. We need to focus on finding every supporter and get them in our state database. Only then can we educate and train them on the caucus process, and make sure they turn out, prepared, on March 3rd.

We need use the little time we have wisely. Putting out a million signs will create name recognition, but it won't win the caucus - growing our state database will. So please volunteer with the official campaign to help with the time-tested methodology that produces the results we all want.

If you haven't already done so, sign up to volunteer at http://www.ronpaul2012.com/sign-up-as-volunteer/

We need Precinct Leaders! There's no time committment. What we need you to do is identify or recruit 5 RP supporters in your neighborhood - that's it 5! Find 1 supporter every 4 weeks. We'll offer training, materials, guidance, just shoot us an email.

Even if you don't live in Washington, you can "like" our Washington for Ron Paul 2012 facebook page.

write us: washington@ronpaul2012.com

Thanks, and look forward to working with you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up because.

Two thumbs, way up! Go WA!

E komo mai, Pedro. And nice to see you too, Katie
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Great! Thanks for helping and good luck!

Luieburger

I'm moving to WA November 5th. The first thing I'm doing before I even unpack is registering as a voter so I can apply to be a PCO and participate in the March 3rd caucus.

Luieburger

I just got home after a fun and quick caucus training session with Pedro and the folks that he works with. Tonight was the first caucus training session, and there are several more to come as we lead up to the March 3rd caucus here in WA.

I highly recommend you get in touch with the Washington campaign at washington@ronpaul2012.com and go to your local Ron Paul office. Your involvement level is up to you. You can jump in head first and organize people in your precinct to flood the caucuses, or you can even just come by to hang out and chat with your fellow Ron Paul fans.

Remember. Half of winning is just showing up. We need everybody we can get, and we need to be organized. I found out tonight that 45% of the people who went to our GOP State convention in 2008 were there to support Ron Paul, but we only sent 5 delegates to the national convention. The primary reason for this was lack of caucus training and organization. The campaign is far more organized this year. Show up!

Good report Luieburger. +rep

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My Sister was hardcore in '08. PM me and I'll tell you more. She ended up an alternate delegate, so she did well. She is in Renton, so a large base.

I have been to two meetings with Katja Delavar in SW WA. I am phonebanking already.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Luieburger

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    I have been to two meetings with Katja Delavar in SW WA. I am phonebanking already.
    I met Katja last night. She has a lot of experience, and is very passionate.
    Last edited by Luieburger; 11-21-2011 at 04:29 PM.

as an fyi - i have already got myself and 3 other delegates locked up for our precinct and district convention. and that's all i get in my precinct. we need to talk to our neighbors and bring as many as we can to the precinct caucuses and try to get commitments to bring them along as far as we can go.

talk to friends and family and get them jacked-up for this March 3rd thing.

thanks Pedro.

Do you guys think Ron Paul has a pretty good chance here in WA?

Doesn't WA tend to be Liberal?
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

It does lean liberal both senators are Democrats and I think McCain won here last time in the primary.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where in Washington is/are our office(s)? Is it grassroots or official campaign?

Do you guys need supplies sent out to the office (slim-jims, bumper stickers, etc.,.?)

PM me with some office info if you want my help.

Luieburger

PM Sent.

The WA HQ in Bellevue is alive and well, but we are a long way from taking the state. We need a lot more people to show up to the HQ and start organizing people in their precincts. It's a great way to make friends and meet new people.

We have a great chance to win it here in Washington, in 2008 we got nearly 23% of the vote in the straw poll at the caucus, and we had a lot of precinct delegates (many of our people put undecided on the straw poll ballot). As I recall we almost won at the state convention, I believe the establishment staged a walkout. This time should be even better because Ron Paul is doing so much better, many of our precinct delegates didn't show to the district convention because the media had basically declared the election over coronating Mccain before we even had a chance to send our delegates to the county convention. This time will be different because this race is going to go all the way to the convention.

BUMP
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

Good thing this was bumped. I need to get involved! I emailed washington@ronpaul2012.com and asked how to get involved, figured I would repeat myself here and see what needs to get going. If anyone in Federal Way area wants to get together and sign wave/pass out fliers or talk to the people on the streets let me know asap! We need Ron Paul to win Washington!

Pedro why were you let go?

I am a PCO in Whatcom County. I have been a supporter of Ron Paul since 1996. I have been a paid and grassroots campaigner since 2002. I never talked to you but I would have liked to gotten to know you before you were let go. There was a lack of communication between the grassroots and the campaign in WA during the 2008 campaign. The same problem is happening now with Alexander Skouras. What can you tell us about the reasons for your removal and the recent removal of coordinators two weeks before the Caucus?
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

http://whatcomcountyronpaul.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by spcmckay View Post
    I am a PCO in Whatcom County. I have been a supporter of Ron Paul since 1996. I have been a paid and grassroots campaigner since 2002. I never talked to you but I would have liked to gotten to know you before you were let go. There was a lack of communication between the grassroots and the campaign in WA during the 2008 campaign. The same problem is happening now with Alexander Skouras. What can you tell us about the reasons for your removal and the recent removal of coordinators two weeks before the Caucus?
    I thought I read that Pedro had to go back home to take care of some family matters. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he was in Iowa. He really helped prepare us well for the caucus and I hope he makes it back soon.