Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cash Transactions Banned/ Louisiana: Government Take Private Property Without Due Process

Cash Transactions Banned/ Louisiana: Government Take Private Property Without Due Process

Obviously this is unconstitutional being cash is 'legal tender for all debts public and private.' So what is going on?
    And T-minus 10, 9, 8,,,,,
    http://www.sott.net/articles/show/23...ut-Due-Process

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

i see the war on poverty is truck'n along...let's turn our eyes to California and see how that war on plants is going

What a $#@!wad this doucher is:

"This is about the taxes not being paid. The IRS needs records of transactions therefore, they need to end cash. Tax evasion is one of the reasons our country is in so much debt. It is the same reason why the government recently did a sting operation on the California medicinal marijuana trade...too much illegal trade (no tax)."

NO, THE PROBLEM IS MASSIVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING...YOU $#@!WAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post

"This is about the taxes not being paid. The IRS needs records of transactions therefore, they need to end cash. Tax evasion is one of the reasons our country is in so much debt. It is the same reason why the government recently did a sting operation on the California medicinal marijuana trade...too much illegal trade (no tax)."

+ infinity!

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    + infinity!
    and beyond...wow!!!!
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Goodluck buying those used games you wanted from gamestop with cash.

State Legislature and Governor of Louisiana Passed...
    Establishment Hack, Governor Bobby Jindal turned out to being a bigger turd than we all thought.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweden tries to get rid off it´s entire cash, too.
    This is all about population control.

Seriously...Does anyone have access to posting there?

This person needs a firm $#@!ing backhand to their facist/communist/authoritarian/pig $#@!er face.

If anyone can post there, please do so and rip this idiot FOUR new $#@!s.

Hmmm looks like Louisiana will want to learn about Bitcoins
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Almost time to get the RFID chip implant to keep everything fully recorded and traced for our masters.

Down with rule by men. Return to the rule of law - ASAP
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

hahahahaha what a bunch of idiots. for this to be enforced, you'd need one of the parties in the transaction that actually WANTS to record the transaction and would be unwilling to take cash. they are grasping at straws to try to find additional funding.

Someone needs to inform that dullard that those items were already taxed, and so was the cash that will be used.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Humm... so is that going to mean people are going to have to cross state lines to do these types of business transactions? Sounds to me like the state government just put their foot in their own butts with that one. Also, does this mean coin dealers are supposed to only accept something other than cash? Perhaps those transactions will also have to be done out of state.

Guess Louisiana doesn't like certain types of businesses in their state.

I imagine they'll try to enforce this with undercover stings. It's going to blow up in their faces one way or another, but I really hope it does so spectacularly, in such a way that they have to hang their heads in shame to prevent people from seeing all the egg on their faces. It shocks me...utterly SHOCKS me...that only one state Senator voted against this.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Humm... so is that going to mean people are going to have to cross state lines to do these types of business transactions? Sounds to me like the state government just put their foot in their own butts with that one. Also, does this mean coin dealers are supposed to only accept something other than cash? Perhaps those transactions will also have to be done out of state.

Guess Louisiana doesn't like certain types of businesses in their state.
    Your comment got me to thinking (but not too much). I'm wondering if using the internet could somehow make the transaction an "out of state" one, even when the person is physically there, with cash in hand. I'm thinking along the lines of a proxy, having the transaction be online--but with the option to "deliver" cash. Know what I mean?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Your comment got me to thinking (but not too much). I'm wondering if using the internet could somehow make the transaction an "out of state" one, even when the person is physically there, with cash in hand. I'm thinking along the lines of a proxy, having the transaction be online--but with the option to "deliver" cash. Know what I mean?
    Well, I know there are some states that want their people to report everything they buy in the internet regardless if it is an out of state transaction, for sales tax purposes. I don't know how Louisiana looks at internet transactions.

Well, I know there are some states that want their people to report everything they buy in the internet regardless if it is an out of state transaction, for sales tax purposes. I don't know how Louisiana looks at internet transactions.
    basically all states have some sort of use tax reporting now. you're supposed to keep track of the stuff you buy online that you don't pay sales tax on, and report it on your individual income tax return. hardly anybody does.

Quote Originally Posted by VBRonPaulFan View Post
    basically all states have some sort of use tax reporting now. you're supposed to keep track of the stuff you buy online that you don't pay sales tax on, and report it on your individual income tax return. hardly anybody does.
    Sounds like one heck of a burden to put on people doesn't it? There is no way I can keep track of everything I buy, online or by telephone. Maybe they will be able to do that for me someday, from the looks of it.

It's pretty silly, but it's nowhere near as silly as the federal tax forms making it clear that thieves need to report the value of stolen merchandise so they can be taxed on it.

As another aside, the state governments are quite arrogant to think we should pay taxes on online purchases, and I'd still say that even IF I agreed with their sales taxes in the first place: The state of sale wants a cut, AND the state of purchase wants a cut. WTF is that?
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 10-12-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Sounds like one heck of a burden to put on people doesn't it? There is no way I can keep track of everything I buy, online or by telephone. Maybe they will be able to do that for me someday, from the looks of it.
    oh don't worry... they make it mighty convenient for folk. for example, like 4 years ago I had to implement a sales and use tax worksheet in my companys tax software for NYS. you can see the current instructions here. the instructions start on pdf page 23.

here is the table they give you if you bought stuff online, but didn't keep track.
    If your
    federal adjusted gross income
    (line 11) is: Enter on line 35:
    up to $15,000 *........................................... $ 8
    $ 15,001 - $ 30,000 ................................. 19
    30,001 - 50,000 ................................. 25
    50,001 - 75,000 ................................. 33
    75,001 - 100,000 ................................. 46
    100,001 - 150,000 ................................. 65
    150,001 - 200,000 ................................. 81
    200,001 and greater ................................. .041% (.00041) of income, or $ 225, whichever amount is smaller

they have default amounts they will charge you if you can't report what you've purchased...lol.

hahahahaha what a bunch of idiots. for this to be enforced, you'd need one of the parties in the transaction that actually WANTS to record the transaction and would be unwilling to take cash. they are grasping at straws to try to find additional funding.
    That is easily remedied; they will simply offer rewards for snitches.

Is there a source for this besides the original link?

That site looks less than credible.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post

How about,
    http://www.mygov365.com/legislation/.../tab/overview/

Text
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/53926788/H...a-MyGov365-com
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-13-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post

Here is another.

http://e-lobbyist.com/gaits/text/343...-Chaptered.pdf
    BWAAAahahahahaha

(aka, the fabled Mogambo Laugh Of Anger, Outrage And Scorn (MLOAOAS))

***FYI, I am not The Real Mogambo Guru (TRMG)***

Just to play devil's advocate...Isn't this what we're fighting for in a sense?

State's rights? Maybe the people of Louisiana need to rethink their votes come election time or take to the streets.

I am by no means suggesting that I agree with this plan or civil forfeiture of any kind.

As an ancap I'm fighting for freedom. You minarchists on the other hand should probably endorse what Louisiana is doing.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Quote Originally Posted by Iseek_knowledge View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate...Isn't this what we're fighting for in a sense?
    Uhm, no. True it should be decided at the local level; but that isn't mean we are fighting for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast