Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boston Tea Party Dec. 16th

Quote Originally Posted by parke View Post
    Why? Its a one day event. It isnt like he wont campaign in those states anyway.
    Why? Because it raises awareness, and it's best to raise awareness in one of the early primary states, because a campaign like Paul's is an early state campaign.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    Conservatives have an emotional connection with Bush.

Therefore proceed with Caution: If you are really mad at your brother... and then someone else comes along and starts bashing your brother...Dont you then want to start defending your brother from the third party basher?

Bash hillery instead... make the conservatives feel like one of us. If you ask them if they believe in running our government according to the constitution, they will answer with a hardy yes... So be inclusive with your political warring.

remember its the conservatives that we are trying to get.

Truckinmike
    Yes, Mike, this is a good point. I wasn't thinking of something targeted at a person so much as a public outcry on an issue that touches most Americans. Money and the war are two big ones.

The original tea party was the same - this (taxation) is unfair and we won't stand it anymore.

Rather than being purely symbolic, why not combine symbolism with something more current?

It's potentially hazardous territory, I agree, but I also am developing a strong respect for the ability of the grassroots movement to handle it appropriately.

Burning money is not my first choice (Anyone here old enough to remember burning bras?), because this is not a statement of strength as much as one of defiance.

I would prefer something that sends a strong, yet nonviolent signal to the senators and representatives in Washington. Maybe we should bury the capitol building in tea!

Wherever we hold the tea party, I hope it will be somewhere that holds meaning for our current day.

In Peace,
    Jen

We can also organize our meetup groups around the country and demonstrate in front of either the Federal Reserve Branches and burn copies of the Federal Reserve Act or IRS branches and burn copies of the Internal Revenue Code. This way, we can get local media all over the country to take note of the fundraising drive for Ron Paul.

Too far fetched? Good/Bad Idea?

Wherever this happens, I think we need to be throwing stuff over the side of a ship or burning stuff if sides of ships are unavailable.

Stuff to burn/throw overboard-
    Patriot Act
    Tax Code
    W's Executive Orders
    Giant 500 page packets of legislation

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Boston, Des Moines, and somewhere on the West Coast, how about that?

Hi Guys,

There's a group working on something:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28407

Nathaniel
    2008 Ron Paul Delegate - Congressional District 5
    Working on 2012
    -----
    Liberty is lost through complacency...America was born of protest [and] revolution... - RP, 8/9/04
    -----
    The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country... - RP, 5/22/07
    -----
    But let it not be said that we did nothing. - RP, 5/22/07

Although most of us support the abolition of the Fed, most Americans don't really grasp this as a root of evil.
    The IRS makes a better and more unifying target - just about anyone can be persuaded to rally around an "Abolish IRS Tax Party".
    It has the elements of name recognition, notoriety, and a unifying polarization.

Especially if you limited the concept to abolishing personal Income Tax (There are good arguments or retaining corporate income taxes as some sort of restitution for permitting a corporate entity to exist and having some instituted form of accountability and liability as opposed to being free to rape people through their political panderings)
    Are you one of "The People of The One Law"?

see also the poll about beliefs here on RPF: The One Law

money Brew!!
    Checkout Ron Paul's legislation, write your representatives and spread the word!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legisla...ed_by_Ron_Paul

Lord of the Rings and Liberty: http://www.lewrockwell.com/carson/carson10.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123