Thread: California Governor Vetoes Ban On Warrantless Phone Searches

California Governor Vetoes Ban On Warrantless Phone Searches

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/11/10/...phone-searches

"In probably the most important decision Gov. Brown of California will make this year, he has vetoed the bill that would require officers to get a search warrant before searching cellular phones of arrested citizens. This further enables the police to carry out warrantless searches of private property extending into contacts, email, photos, banking activity, GPS, and other functions that are controlled by modern phones. 'He cites a recent California Supreme Court decision upholding the warrantless searches of people incident to an arrest. In his brief message (PDF), he also doesnít say whether itís a good idea or not. Instead, he says the state Supreme Courtís decision is good enough, a decision the U.S. Supreme Court let stand last week.'"
    Another story to add to your intended Violations of Privacy book. And you should have a book and be keeping note of all of this because it wont be long before it is used against you in a court of law.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lately I've just been flooded with good news about my state.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
    - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by The Bavarian View Post
    Lately I've just been flooded with good news about my state.
    It really is quite exciting. There were many who doubted the existence of a man who could crash the state faster than the Terminator, but lo and behold, in comes Brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    It really is quite exciting. There were many who doubted the existence of a man who could crash the state faster than the Terminator, but lo and behold, in comes Brown.
    I'm confused, isn't Jerry Brown, AKA Gov. Moonbeam supposed to be some kind of earthy, left leaning, hippy type?

Why is he going around vetoing bills like this, signing vaccines without parental consent bills and letting the feds walk all over him raiding MM dispensaries?

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm confused, isn't Jerry Brown, AKA Gov. Moonbeam supposed to be some kind of earthy, left leaning, hippy type?

Why is he going around vetoing bills like this, signing vaccines without parental consent bills and letting the feds walk all over him raiding MM dispensaries?

/s
    I'm wondering this too. These should be the issues we agree with him on. He's just like every other hopey-changey democrat.
    Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    http://yro.slashdot.org/story/11/10/...phone-searches

Another story to add to your intended Violations of Privacy book. And you should have a book and be keeping note of all of this because it wont be long before it is used against you in a court of law.
    I see Jerry Brown is the same good old pimp he was back in the 70s.

CA is so different from when I was in college. I cannot imagine how anyone can stand living there.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.