Thread: would consider preemptive Iran strike

would consider preemptive Iran strike

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65531.html

Jon Huntsman's giving a big foreign policy speech in New Hampshire today, featuring another call to pull back from the war in Afghanistan and "right-size our current foreign entanglements."

The speech also includes an uncharacteristically hawkish note from Huntsman, who says he would be willing to use U.S. military tools to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

"I cannot live with a nuclear-armed Iran. If you want an example of when I would use American force, it would be that," Huntsman will say in his remarks today.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There really is nothing appealing about Huntsman. A leftist interventionist running in a GOP primary. At least with someone like Perry, you know they're not going to support cap-and-trade.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 10-10-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Boy do I feel stupid for throwing out Jon Huntsman's name as a possible Secretary of State under Ron Paul.

Edit: But to my comfort, I remember a lot of Palin love around here in 2007/2008 threads about his VP.
    Last edited by rp08orbust; 10-10-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Yeah because Iran is just like Nazi Germany, building up their arms, taking other countries by force, with suicide bombers crowding the streets ready to strike America...

Ummm wait, we don't have any indication of this, Iran hasn't pre-emptively struck another nation in over a century, decades of sanctions have limited them economically and militarily, and suicide bombers are non-existent?
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

Bush was big on "preemptive war."

WHEN I WAS A KID they called that ATTACKING someone...man things have changed

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    Boy do I feel stupid for throwing out Jon Huntsman's name as a possible Secretary of State under Ron Paul.
    This. Some here were even saying he is the only other with a "sane" foreign policy. He is no different.

"I cannot live with a nuclear-armed Iran. If you want an example of when I would use American force, it would be that," Huntsman will say in his remarks today.
    But a Nuclear Armed Pakistan supporting terrorism, Al Qaeda, and Taliban, is just fine for Huntsman. I hope Russia backs Iran and causes a detente to the Imperial Empire's quest of; puppet-mastering, land-grabbing, and resources sucking...which is completely outta control.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Americans care so much for their dear Israel, they should never attack Iran.

Well, he flip flopped before the election. I guess that makes him a tiny bit better than Obama--if only because he's less dangerous.

But if he would consider more adventurism, I won't consider him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Bush was big on "preemptive war."
    Not during his first presidential campaign he wasn't. Bush flipped on it post 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Not during his first presidential campaign he wasn't. Bush flipped on it post 9/11.
    He flipped as soon as he got into office. Can't remember the name of the book, but it was shown that plans for Iraq were being drafted in his very first national security meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post

Edit: But to my comfort, I remember a lot of Palin love around here in 2007/2008 threads about his VP.
    I do too. I take back any support for Jon Huntsman.