Thread: Isn't Egypt such a better place now without Mubarak?

Isn't Egypt such a better place now without Mubarak?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Job incomplete.
    They kept the enforcer in chief around. Much of the corruption remains, but will likely become somewhat more stealthy.

They compromised. and are thereby,, compromised.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Chances are good that the foreign puppet dictator Mubarak will be executed by Egyptions now for his oppression of decades.

Thinking along same lines, isn't Iraq a much better place without Saddam? Difference being that Mubarak's removal did not cost almost 2 trillion dollars and about 100K Americans lives/limbs.

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/sto...ns/0704487.htm

http://www.khouse.org/enews_article/2009/1464

I've been saying this from the beginning while most on here were cheering his overthrow.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    I've been saying this from the beginning while most on here were cheering his overthrow.
    So you think having a murderous dictator and his cronies was better.
    http://www.elshaheeed.co.uk/home-kha...yptian-police/
    Background Story

Khaled… A story of many Egyptians.

Khaled Said, a 28-year-old Egyptian from the coastal city of Alexandria, Egypt, was tortured to death at the hands of two police officers. Several eye witnesses described how Khalid was taken by the two policemen into the entrance of a residential building where he was brutally punched and kicked. The two policemen banged his head against the wall, the staircase and the entrance steps. Despite his calls for mercy and asking them why they are doing this to him, they continued their torture until he died according to many eye witnesses.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    So you think having a murderous dictator and his cronies was better.
    http://www.elshaheeed.co.uk/home-kha...yptian-police/
    I think Mubarak was a murderous dictator as you stated. So was Saddam. But sometimes what comes afterwards is even worse - remains to be seen.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

What we see now is what was planned.
    I am the spoon.

"Arab Spring" was a coup.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most revolutions feature a transition period of various lengths. Washington had to lead troops to put down minor rebellions in America; Tunisia has had many administrative problems and some ongoing discontent. I don't see how this could be unexpected. It does not mean the revolution was not worth it; it just means there are still challenges to face. For those who are yelling, "SEE? I told you it would be bad!" They are making a disingenuous argument. If it is this bad in a year you will have a good point.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    What we see now is what was planned.
    Egypt's big problem was that they compromised and allowed Suleiman to remain in power.
    He is the head of the Police apparatus. He engineered much of the opposition and violence, and is likely behind this violence.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...048148,00.html

The US loves Suleiman, and he has been a partner in torture programs. Mubarak was only part of the problem. This guy needs to go as well. You can trace police violence directly to him,, and likely the attacks on churches that led to it.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

So far it has all gone in a predictable manner .

Egypt's big problem was that they compromised and allowed Suleiman to remain in power.
    He is the head of the Police apparatus. He engineered much of the opposition and violence, and is likely behind this violence.

The US loves Suleiman, and he has been a partner in torture programs. Mubarak was only part of the problem. This guy needs to go as well. You can trace police violence directly to him,, and likely the attacks on churches that led to it.
    I think you underestimate the tensions between the growing number of fundamental Islamofascists in Egypt with the Christian Coptic minority. This is not just about Suleiman or one man. That one man is supported by many many many other men as well, and if you cut him down, three more will replace him, and the provocations and church burnings will continue.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Enter the brotherhood.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

musicmax

Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    Mubarak's removal did not cost almost 2 trillion dollars and about 100K Americans lives/limbs.
    How much foreign aid did the US give Egypt during Mubarek's reign? Egypt is the #2 recipient of US aid. Mubarek would have been gone long ago if not for US $$$ propping him up.

Yep. We need to remove all outside influence on who is in power there and let them hold elections. This whole uprising thing in the middle east is to destabilize the countries to gain control over them.
    I am the spoon.