Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MUST SEE A collage of misleading MSM headlines regarding Ron Paul Values Voters Win

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MUST SEE A collage of misleading MSM headlines regarding Ron Paul Values Voters Win

There should be plenty of material for a part 2 for Jon Stewart. Feel free to add to compilation, which I am sure will grow.

The link for the original word doc is here http://v8no.com/Ron paul.doc

Spread this far and wide

Diminishing headling - "Non binding"

httx://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/cain-comes-in-2nd-to-paul-in-straw-poll-of-social-conservatives-santorum-places-3rd/2011/10/08/gIQAXtD3VL_story.html

He is the Republican party Presidential candidate, NOT the libertarian one.

Cain didn’t win, he came in a distant 2nd

httx://nation.foxnews.com/ron-paul/2011/10/08/paul-and-cain-win-values-voter-straw-poll

Wonder if Cain stuffed the ballots too? In FL??

httx://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20117696-503544.html

httx://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65482.html

httx://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/another-ron-paul-production/246396/

Would they say that about Cain if he won, or did they when he won FL?

httx://www.businessinsider.com/conservatives-accuse-ron-paul-of-stuffing-straw-poll-ballot-box-2011-10

Nice big picture of Romney who came in 4th with 4% of the vote and of course diminishing and minimalizing Ron Paul, "least socially conservative"

httx://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20117706-503544.html

Marginized and ignored, Who came in first?? the winner is mentioned toward the end of the article and only once.

httx://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/10/09/herman-cain-social-conservatives-new-darling-at-values-voter-summit.html

So according to this rag, getting 2nd place is better?? And if they are useless then why did it help Cain with his national campaign as the articles mentions?!

httx://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/10/ron_paul_wins_values_voter_sum.html

Where 2nd place is a "clear victory". Also, he comes in double digits much more often than single digits.

httx://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/08/ron-paul-wins-value-voters-summit-straw-poll/
    Last edited by nbruno322; 10-09-2011 at 05:31 AM.
    "Paper money has the effect to ruin commerce,oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice"

~GEORGE WASHINGTON

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They just can't resist diminishing his electability in the eyes of Republican voters as "just a libertarian that appeals to young voters".

httx://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/08/8226207-ron-paul-wins-values-voter-straw-poll

So the AP starts the whole "non binding" sound bite and the rest of the MSM parrots it

httx://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/paul-wins-values-voters-1197161.html

httx://www.boston.com/news/politics/articles/2011/10/08/paul_wins_values_voters_straw_poll_cain_in_2nd/

httx://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/10/08/politics-us-republicans-straw-poll_8724524.html

httx://www.sacbee.com/2011/10/08/3969546/paul-wins-values-voters-straw.html

httx://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/10/08/politics/p135005D25.DTL

httx://www.tennessean.com/article/20111009/NEWS/310090065/Paul-Cain-top-straw-poll-Values-Voters-Summit

httx://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203476804576619414204610484.html
    Last edited by nbruno322; 10-09-2011 at 05:16 AM.
    "Paper money has the effect to ruin commerce,oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice"

~GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by nbruno322 View Post
    They just can't resist diminishing his electability in the eyes of Republican voters as "just a libertarian that appeals to young voters".

httx://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/08/8226207-ron-paul-wins-values-voter-straw-poll
    I really love the ones that say he appeals to young voters like that is a pejorative statement.

I mean who the $#@! would want young Republicans and a Republican party lingering around after the older Republicans die... that's crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by nbruno322 View Post

So the AP starts the whole "non binding" sound bite and the rest of the MSM parrots it

httx://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/paul-wins-values-voters-1197161.html

httx://www.boston.com/news/politics/articles/2011/10/08/paul_wins_values_voters_straw_poll_cain_in_2nd/

httx://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/10/08/politics-us-republicans-straw-poll_8724524.html

httx://www.sacbee.com/2011/10/08/3969546/paul-wins-values-voters-straw.html

httx://www.tennessean.com/article/20111009/NEWS/310090065/Paul-Cain-top-straw-poll-Values-Voters-Summit

httx://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203476804576619414204610484.html

more to come...
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It's very important to have an independent media. Problem is, that is not what we have anymore. We have corporate media that has a vested interest in the government staying like it is and the wars continuing unabated. Just follow the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by airborne373 View Post
    If you had any doubts that the Lame Stream Media was consolidated and owned by the Military Industrial Complex and Criminal Banking Elites....Well...what do you think now?
    Like one man having all of the following on his resume?

NBC-MSNBC-GE-Federal Reserve-Obama Jobs Czar
    = Military-Industrial-Government-Financial-Corporate-Media Complex
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Like one man having all of the following on his resume?

NBC-MSNBC-GE-Federal Reserve-Obama Jobs Czar
    = Military-Industrial-Government-Financial-Corporate-Media Complex
    To borrow a phrase from Admiral Mike Mullen, the mainstream media is a "veritable arm" of the unconstitutional system that has been hoisted over the American people.

~GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post

more to come...
    A more powerful way to highlight the information in your screen shots is to highlight the areas of BS in paint with red, like what was done to the headlines and article excerpts on the opening post to this thread.

~GEORGE WASHINGTON

Ron Paul Sign Bomb Monday October 10, 2011
    in less than 24 hours...

http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...g-October-10th
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really hope that when Ron Paul gets in, he does something so that the media loses its significance or the control that it has over the people. What is it that allowed so many of these media organizations to get so big in the first place? Do they all get money from the government?
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-09-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    What is it that allowed so many of these media organizations to get so big in the first place? Do they all get money from the government?
    They get their money from corporate sponsors, not the government. The question is, is there a difference any more? After all, Washington's K Street is chock full of corporate sponsors. They're called 'lobbyists'.

And the media got so big because the growth of the federal government has led to state and local governments paling in comparison in terms of importance and newsworthiness. Which, in turn, led to national media growing in appeal as compared to local news media. Which, in turn, allows nationwide corporations, who have something to gain by advertising nationally and can afford to do so, to call the shots in the media people are actually paying attention to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

See last sentence. This is the ONLY post where they mentioned Ron's victory, though this one is dedicated to an arguably less important straw poll.

Cain wowed everybody He's Good? oh really says an unamed voter i guess Politico is pro Cain Freak now

I guess the mainstream news networks are all pro Cain now.

WOW. We're all aware of the media spin and censorship but wow, to see it presented like this...is crazy.

What I've made a pledge to do is to register with any of these sites assuming they allow comments and make sure my voice is heard. I also email the writers directly.

Also, slightly off topic, can someone teach me how to capture the web pages for re-post as done above? Thank you.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    It is crazy, how can so many articles say that the straw pole win is "useless" and yet in that same article say that it was a huge win for Herman Cain? Is it really true that in fact first is the worst, second is the best, and third is the one with the hairy chest?

This is just terrible. The guy cannot EVER catch a break, which truly goes to show just how biased the MSM really is.
    "It doesn't take a majority to make a rebellion; it takes only a few determined leaders and a sound cause." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Jtorsella View Post

See last sentence. This is the ONLY post where they mentioned Ron's victory, though this one is dedicated to an arguably less important straw poll.

I see what they did there nice little spin media fascists Yeah and Herman Cain paid his no where to be seen supporters to win in that Straw poll.
    Last edited by Give me liberty; 10-09-2011 at 05:30 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul believes in free speech. Even when it is untrue and ugly.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    Ron Paul believes in free speech. Even when it is untrue and ugly.
    Yes, but he also doesn't believe in the govt paying hordes of "PR" to influence the narrative being pumped out by the MSM.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

I really hope that when Ron Paul gets in, he does something so that the media loses its significance or the control that it has over the people. What is it that allowed so many of these media organizations to get so big in the first place? Do they all get money from the government?
    FCC, especially for radio. It costs something like 100K just to APPLY for a radio station licence. If a channel isn't being used, it should be free to homestead -- just like other property. This would result in an explosion of free speech.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    FCC, especially for radio. It costs something like 100K just to APPLY for a radio station licence. If a channel isn't being used, it should be free to homestead -- just like other property. This would result in an explosion of free speech.
    That would go a VERY long ways.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    We have a bunch of homestead-able spectrum in New Zealand. It makes it mission-critical that your transmitter doesn't go off air for even a moment or someone else grabs the bandwidth insanely fast an boom your are out of business.

But yes the limited nature of the radio spectrum makes secured free-to-air bandwidth incredibly powerful.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

That would be great....make sure that the lamestream media is always the LAST to be informed of events so that more people learn to look elsewhere for their news.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    yeah, I could see how that would blow over, I can read the headlines now "Mr Constitution Contradicts Himself by Not Allowing Freedom of the Press"

+rep Good collection of articles here. It really shows you how they will stop at nothing to throw in those nice little jabs.

Even the articles with titles saying Ron Paul won, they mostly talk about the other candidates instead...lol
    Go check out my vocal covers on Youtube. Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdQYPR6lEo

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's very important to have an independent media. Problem is, that is not what we have anymore. We have corporate media that has a vested interest in the government staying like it is and the wars continuing unabated. Just follow the money.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 10-09-2011 at 05:18 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Alright.. so when did you actually have an independent media?
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    Most of it was independent when I was growing up.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Most of it was independent when I was growing up.
    So you consider the following... independent? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbard
    "There is one important area of American life where no effective freedom of speech or the press does or can exist under the present system. That is the entire field of radio and television. In this area, the federal government, in the crucially important Radio Act of 1927, nationalized the airwaves. In effect, the federal government took title to ownership of all radio and television channels."

Read more: For a New Liberty: The Libertarian Manifesto - Murray N. Rothbard :: Free classics from the Mises Institute .
    Ron Paul has recommended you read the above book. I suggest you go .

Quote Originally Posted by Becker View Post
    you like rhetorical questions huh?
    Amusing given the level of ignorance on display, both by yourself and others.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    you like rhetorical questions huh?

Its obvious what is happening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast