Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Tony Perkins on CNN this morning downplaying Ron Paul straw poll victory

[Video] Tony Perkins on CNN this morning downplaying Ron Paul straw poll victory

Ron Paul discussed from 1:50 to 3:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TJiAuJwByw

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This chick is great! Quote: "So you're saying your own poll results don't mean anything"?! and "So Ron Paul probably means nothing but Herman Cain does?! Hahahahahaha!" She laughed in his face!
    Last edited by lucky_bg; 10-10-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    "No one but Paul!" Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/232839056765982/

What a conspiracy, people dare wake up, register, pay their fee then vote for their candidate? I'm aghast that Homeland security didn't pick up on this fiendish plot. Coming in less than 1% point in Iowa means nothing, but finishing 14% behind the 1st place finisher is a strong 2nd though, I really wonder about the reality these people claim to live in.

How much you will tolerate before you start fighting back! You know you have the tools for that! Black this out!
    KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

What a liar! This was organic. RP didn't bus anyone in. And he's lying about voters are there not only to vote but to hear what ALL the candidates have to say. BS! They're mostly there to vote for their guy/gal.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

I'm getting really sick of Perkins' smarmy insinuations that Ron Paul won the VVS poll through underhanded means.

He sure likes his double standards.

Yeah, that was complete BS, I drove there and saw tons of cars with RP2012 bumper stickers on them. I did not notice any bus's when i was there.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tony Perkin's statement 5 days ago in the Washington Times:

"The Values Voter Summit will test each candidate’s ability to motivate its base to get out and cast a vote in the summit’s straw poll. In 2007, Gov. Mike Huckabee’s strong finish at the straw poll helped push him into the top tier of candidates right before a big win at the Iowa caucuses."
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-election-win/

So Now, we're guilty of supporting Ron Paul?

Fight back; don`t complain! Complaining won`t get anywhere! Don`t waste time on e-mailing them!

Let`s make event that nobody can miss!
    KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    So Now, we're guilty of supporting Ron Paul?

We're guilty of supporting someone whom Perkins certainly did NOT want to see win.

Quote Originally Posted by unconsious767 View Post
    For you youngins, who may not get the irony of this picture - Anthony Perkins was the actor who killed the actress in the photo, in the original movie 'Psycho'! ROFL! Good one, unconscious767!

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    RP didn't bus anyone in.
    Is this 100% true? I heard there was a bus or two. But I think it's completely verifiable that most or all of the other candidates has more transportation capacity coming in than Ron Paul did.

Let's not fall into any traps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is this 100% true? I heard there was a bus or two. But I think it's completely verifiable that most or all of the other candidates has more transportation capacity coming in than Ron Paul did.
    It wasn't done by the campaign, IIRC the C4L might have offered a bus but it was completely seperate from the campaign.

Kudos to that news anchor for calling perkins out

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Politicians should simply follow the constitution and lead by example not legislate morality. Tony Perkins is just another hippochristian and is a prime example of what's wrong with Religious organizations today. Ron Paul is a real christian, and people like Tony Perkins could learn a lot from what a real Christian believes. If Jesus were alive today, he'd have nothing to do with most of today's Christians!

"For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It wasn't done by the campaign, IIRC the C4L might have offered a bus but it was completely seperate from the campaign.
    Excellent, thanks!

Please, please, if anyone knows that specs doesn't remember correctly speak up! Because otherwise we need to use Deborah's argument (so to speak) liberally!

When other candidates turn out a tremendous amount of supporters, they call it "Well Organized Vibrant Grassroots Support".

When Ron Paul has a great turn out they attempt to discredit him and accuse him of stacking the deck.
    Last edited by civusamericanus; 10-10-2011 at 08:48 AM.
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

The point he makes is valid: The bulk of normal participates did not vote for Ron Paul, the hundreds of rabid Ron Paul supporters, who showed up (just) on the day he spoke, overwhelmed the straw poll for a Ron Paul victory.
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

These false christians...ugh

I'll check. I know that a bus was being organized from NY I believe, but that was grassroots, not campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
    The point he makes is valid: The bulk of normal participates did not vote for Ron Paul, the hundreds of rabid Ron Paul supporters, who showed up (just) on the day he spoke, overwhelmed the straw poll for a Ron Paul victory.
    lulz.

Yeah, it was definitely cheating to actually look to the Bible for your talking points before speaking to a group of Christians. Definitely cheating. You do stuff like that, and the next thing you know the rocks and stones are casting ballots for you.

Quote Originally Posted by civusamericanus View Post
    When Ron Paul has a great turn out they attempt to discredit him and accuse him of stacking the deck.
    Of course. Only astroturf is official. If you don't nip real grassroots in the bud, the next thing you know you're up to your armpits in grass. Reefer madness!

Quote Originally Posted by sorianofan View Post
    These false christians...ugh
    Don't fire that shotgun willy-nilly. Obviously some of them were curable, or Dr. Pauls brilliant yet humble speech wouldn't have garnered more votes than the Six Hundred Perkins finds so dastardly.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-10-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Lets keep stacking those polls and stuffing those ballot boxes until ron paul gets elected.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone see CNN.com? In the political section it says "Paul straw poll win discountedz". These people are disgusting. They're guilt shows even in their headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronulus View Post
    Lets keep stacking those polls and stuffing those ballot boxes until ron paul gets elected.
    That's right. The more we 'stuff' polls with actual voters, the sillier they look when they whine about it.

And don't forget what Jesus said about loving your enemies. We should not only win these things, we should be thoughtful and bring the establishment hacks some cheese to go with their whine.

Who documented the preference of each person that only attended on Saturday? I would think most who attended on Saturday did so because they work or attend attend school on Fridays. And who documented the preferences of the people who attended before Saturday? The fact is no one actually knows, this is conjecture from sore losers.

He made it sound like Ron Paul's campaign tried to buy a block of tickets, but we all know every candidate tries to buy blocks of tickets to any straw poll. He made it sound like all of Ron Paul's supporters only showed on Saturday, but we know this isn't the case, and every candidate has supporters that work and can't attend during the week. It's misleading and dishonest.
    Last edited by Valli6; 10-10-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Maybe all the all the Ron Paul supporters have jobs to attend to during the weekdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    For you youngins, who may not get the irony of this picture - Anthony Perkins was the actor who killed the actress in the photo, in the original movie 'Psycho'! ROFL! Good one, unconscious767!
    lol damn tx
    thou shame on me for not having seen the movie yet....

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Maybe all the all the Ron Paul supporters have jobs to attend to during the weekdays.
    Maybe... I'm glad Ron won, but I can understand the big whigs complaining as well. After all, they are losing when it comes to boots on the ground. But, they're winning on the lazy ass uniformed voters, who show up on election day.

I'm sure they'll have a new rule or two next year to try and limit participation in their private group.
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast