View Poll Results: Should we promote blackthisout.com Moneybomb by Occupying MSM(NYC HQ,Fox,Cnn and msnbc)?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

137 85.09%
  • No

24 14.91%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Black This Out Rally in NYC, OCT 19 6am to 12am

Exclamation Black This Out Rally in NYC, OCT 19 6am to 12am

with all the lies coming from fox,cnn and msnbc!!!!!! Why not Occupy MSM and promote the blackthisout and ron paul by showing americans the lies of the msm,fox,cnn.msnbc!!!! it is being done look below

BLACKTHISOUT NYC TODAY ,please donate,call,flyer and request everyone donate to www.ronpaul2012.com

RPF and ron paul supporters are representing today check link and pic http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185387714872689

arrow down on comments in fb to see the pic of folks going to blackthisout nyc

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    CNN was covered today

If you can attend please do or spread to folks you know can in the area!!! Updates to come ASAP as they come!
    Facebook link
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185387714872689

Daily Paul Link, Please upvote and comment it!

http://www.dailypaul.com/182190/blac...h-oct-12pm-6pm

Justinpagewood is making graphic for FB event page:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185387714872689

People, please, tweet about this with link to FB event page, post about it on FB, Tou Tube and everywhere else you can. Let's make it huge! There is not much time left but if we can get significant number of people to attend at FB event page it would be clear indicator we can pull this off. And I know we can! Is this r3VOLution or isn't?! Onward!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 10-19-2011 at 06:08 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it would scare the $#@! out of them and be embarrassing for them. That would be more effective than the Wall Street protests since I suspect it would have an outcome of forcing them to fact check and report rather than be propaganda machines.

+rep I like idea very much. It's win-win tactic. Embarrass MSM and promot BlackThisOut moneybomb.
    "No one but Paul!" Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/232839056765982/

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_bg View Post
    +rep I like idea very much. It's win-win tactic. Embarrass MSM and promot BlackThisOut moneybomb.
    we need rpf to launch this josh,bryan and rpf members would need to push this hard. Hey josh what do you think? If so we could launch it next week before the moneybomb at least 5-7 days before it and after to!! pick the nyc hq (fox/msnbc) and atlanta(cnn) then start listing the major localstations in the states! and go for a full out rally for the republic in front of everyone of them!!! OCCUPY MSM blackthisout MF
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 10-08-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    we need rpf to launch this josh,bryan and rpf members would need to push this hard. Hey josh what do you think? If so we could launch it next week before the moneybomb at least 5-7 days before it and after to!! pick the nyc hq (fox/msnbc) and atlanta(cnn) then start listing the major localstations in the states! and go for a full out rally for the republic in front of everyone of them!!! OCCUPY MSM blackthisout MF
    Well, I would say let's focus on this two locations - nyc hq (fox/msnbc) and atlanta(cnn), and forget about local stations. It would be symbolic. We want to send a message, first of all. General message that we will fight media blackout and specific messege about BlackThisOut moneybomb as our first response to that.

So, let's focus our strength and have decent showing at two locations (actually three) and that would be enough. They wouldn't be keen on reporting on that, but all other kind of media would. It would make additional buzz about BTO moneybomb. If we can pull it off, ofcourse.
    Last edited by lucky_bg; 10-08-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Well, I would say let's focus on this two locations - nyc hq (fox/msnbc) and atlanta(cnn), and forget about local stations. It would be symbolic. We want to send a message, first of all. General message that we will fight media blackout and specific messege about BlackThisOut moneybomb as our first response to that.

So, let's focus our strength and have decent showing at two locations (actually three) and that would be enough. They wouldn't be keen on reporting on that, but all other kind of media would. It would make additional buzz about BTO moneybomb. If we can pull it off, ofcourse.
    i agree, so the focus would have to be meet ups in georgia, and ny and surrounding! someone would need to put a flyer together showing some of the lies and misleading from the media for folks to passout while there and blackthisout of course!! So is anyone in georgia or NY ready to help on this???

i was thinking local for folks like me in colorado since i cannot get to atlanta or nyc
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 10-08-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Are you talking a 24/7 media protest + black this out/Ron Paul promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-in-NY View Post
    Are you talking a 24/7 media protest + black this out/Ron Paul promotion?
    yes , if we have the folks to pull it off, we could create chipins to help folks stay there if we have to whatever it takes but occupy MSM atlanta and nyc!!! i am f'in pissed . i could go protest in denver for sure, but it would have to be folks on the east coast for the main HQ!!

we could also pick a few key stations in western and mid west states so more folks could be involved but the main one would need to be nyc and atlanta!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 10-08-2011 at 09:06 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alex Jones did a pretty good job rallying people to the feds in Dallas and Houston on short notice, if we reached out to him and got him to promote a blackthisout protest of the media networks I think it could draw a sizable crowd. Wearechange could help in NY as well.

^ good idea why not try to get him involved more here.

Again me, but on second thought as CNN have headquarters in New York as well as in Atlanta (Time Warner center), maybe it would be good to "occupy" them also in New York. It would be easier to organise it, and Ron certainly have much more supporters in New York.

Also, it don't have to be OWS kind of occupying, meaning around the clock 24h protest - it can be daily protest for a couple of days before BTO moneybomb, that would last a couple of hours every day. That way, we can have few hundreds of protestors in front of every of three MSM headquarters in New York, passing out fliers about BTO moneybomb, with lap tops so people can pledge to donate on 19th right on the spot, and we can organise some of Liberty movement well known persons to visit and adress them every day. Like Tom Woods, Adam Kokesh, Mike Church, actually all the people that organised Liberty fest.

As many of our members are somehow attracted to OWS, there is oportunity for them, and all other Ron paul supporters in New York to protest in a useful way, promoting BTO moneybomb.

So, it wouldn't be occupying in the full meaning of word, but it would be in the sense that it wouldn't be one day protest, it would be repeated for a couple of days. And I bet that that live promotion of BTO moneybomb with lap tops at hand offering people who are supportive to pledge on the spot would have much better results then online promotion. We would get thousands more pledges, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WarNoMore View Post
    Alex Jones did a pretty good job rallying people to the feds in Dallas and Houston on short notice, if we reached out to him and got him to promote a blackthisout protest of the media networks I think it could draw a sizable crowd. Wearechange could help in NY as well.
    This. It can be huge with his help
    I am the spoon.

I suspect this idea could really catch on and grow as part of American Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by WarNoMore View Post
    the last time in 2008 i approached alex jones for grassroots help. The only thing that got his interest was $$$$$$$$$$$. so i said f it!

If we can get RevolutionPac interested in this, they would be perfect to organise it. And Alex Jones can help, ofcourse, as well as many others. But, if we want something really serious and effective, then we need serious organisation. It's not small thing, and it can not be spontaneous manifestation, because we don't want any incidents, bad publicity, etc.

Let's do this.
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    I suspect this idea could really catch on and grow as part of American Spring.
    fly model drones around the city to with lil msm painted on the bottom joking i think

yeah i think this could be huge especially if we focus on nyc and the 3 msm networks!!

If we can get RevolutionPac interested in this, they would be perfect to organise it. And Alex Jones can help, ofcourse, as well as many others. But, if we want something really serious and effective, then we need serious organisation. It's not small thing, and it can not be spontaneous manifestation, because we don't want any incidents, bad publicity, etc.
    i totally agree!!!

Let's have AdamT's opinion for beginning. And Deborah's, and some other people from NY. Adam Kokesh is crazy about protests generaly, I tweeted to him to take a look at this thread. Will post on his thread about OWS too. Let's have more opinions.
    Last edited by lucky_bg; 10-08-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    with all the lies coming from fox,cnn and msnbc!!!!!! Why not Occupy MSM and promote the blackthisout and ron paul by showing americans the lies of the msm,fox,cnn.msnbc!!!!

We have the numbers to protest state local stations and national!! OCCUPY MSM NOW, i know rpf could pull this off in less then 2-4 days if we worked at this!!! just an idea!!!! would have alot of pr to it.

I like this! +rep!
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Occupy? I'm thinking AlexMerced is right, and we need to think not in terms of occupation, but in terms of liberation. Has the deliberate trashing of the economy left us with enough scratch to pull off a Buy Rupert's Ass Out And Gain Control Of Fox Moneybomb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Ron Paul Sign Bomb Monday October 10, 2011
    in less than 24 hours...

http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...g-October-10th
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think its a brilliant idea!

Holy poopers, good idea
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Occupy? I'm thinking AlexMerced is right, and we need to think not in terms of occupation, but in terms of liberation. Has the deliberate trashing of the economy left us with enough scratch to pull off a Buy Rupert's Ass Out And Gain Control Of Fox Moneybomb?
    Let's not miss our objective here - it's to promote BTO menybomb - not to try to change the way CNN or FOX or MSNBC treat Ron Paul and his Presidental campaign. We know that would be lost cause. And where is more logical to promote it then at the headquarters of the MSM whose ignorance and bias is sole cause for BTO moneybomb in the first place. This way we would just use MSM, to promote BTO. They would be instrument to promote BTO, not the goal of our gathering, protest, occupying, liberating, call it whatever you want.

As I think more about this idea, I like it much more. With every moneybomb, we have two objectives - main objective to collect money for Ron's Presidental campaign and secondary objective to gain some positive media exposure about moneybomb AFTER it happens. This way, we would try and certainly get some level of media exposure for the moneybomb BEFORE it happens, which would certainly increase number of people donating to moneybomb and total amount of donated money.

Right now, we are promoting BTO mainly online, and just sporadically offline - mostly at some campaign related events. This would be quite a big and lasting event with sole purpose to promote BTO, and to hopefully gain some media promotion for it before it happens. We can argue what kind and level of media exposure would it get, but it certainly would get some level. Ofcourse CNN, FOX and MSNBC wouldn't be so keen to report about protest against them, happening at their doors, but it would last 4 or 5 days. They can ignore it first day, maybe even second, but they can not ignore it altogether for a 4 or 5 consecutive days. Especialy as some other media would certainly report about that. And it would help people working at MSM that are sympathetic to Ron Paul and his campaign, to promote BTO. Like Judge Napolitano, or Jack Cafferty, or some others. I can already see one segment of Cafferty file dedicated to this. And Jack would do it real good and push BTO, I know. We would be able to push on Drudge, Reddit, etc any kind of reports about this protest, and it would certainly create additional buzz BEFORE BTO moneybomb happens.

Point is, we need to think out of the box. Right now we are promoting BTO mainly online, and it's good and effective, but not enough effective, and not as effective as it can be. I follow progres on main thread dedicated to BTO moneybomb, and at this pace we won't reach preset goals before 19th. This would add different kind of promotion, force media to promote BTO moneybomb and help it become biggest moneybomb ever.

Speciallyblend, can you please add a poll to this thread, so that we can have clearer picture about RPFs members opinion on this initiative, and hopefully get people more energized about it.

Edit: Also, if You agree, maybe it would be good for this thread to be moved in Grassroots central, where it should been from the start, IMHO, and maybe it wouldn't be bad to change thread title, to make it more appealing for all people that don't like OccupyWallStreet and anything that resembles in any way to OWS, and to underline that it would be BlackThisOut moneybomb promotional event.

Something like: "Occupy MSM/FOX/CNN/MSNBC as a way to promote BTO" or something like that.
    Last edited by lucky_bg; 10-09-2011 at 10:16 AM.

"Occupy" and "liberate" the press? I don't like those wordings at all, remainds me from what happened in Eastern Europe... And about the plan, maybe there could be some push for local media? Like mails to the papers and calls to the radio.
    mises.org <- Learn to be as good in Economics as Ron Paul

good idea. i would love to see the media have to report on themsleves being occupied. priceless.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast