Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire Sec of State: Primary could be as early as Dec 6

New Hampshire Sec of State: Primary could be as early as Dec 6

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politic...BUP/index.html

New Hampshire Secretary of State William Gardner said today he may schedule the first-in-the nation primary as early as Dec. 6, marking the first time ever that New Hampshire voters would pick a presidential candidate in December.

“Any Tuesday in December would be a possibility, but that’s one of them,” Gardner said today, when asked about a Dec. 6 primary. “It’s not something I would do lightly. It would be done regrettably, but if it has to be done, we’re going to comply with our tradition and our state law.”
    The tradition and state law Secretary of State Gardner is referring to is NH's tradition of holding elections on Tuesdays and NH's state law of holding its primary at least 7 days before a similar election.

If Iowa sets their caucus on January 3 as planned, this leaves New Hampshire no option but to go in December unless Sec of State Gardner is willing to break tradition or state law, which he has shown no intention to do.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Voting noob here: When are primaries usually held and why is every state in a rush to push them up?

Ridiculous. So now the primary selection process will begin nearly a full year before the General Election? The only good news is that it may render New Hampshire far less relevant than it otherwise would have been. Who's even paying attention besides political junkies in December?

Actually, that might be better for us since college would be in session...

lol! What a charade.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I think this could be better. Iowa would be earlier too
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Lets_Race View Post
    Voting noob here: When are primaries usually held and why is every state in a rush to push them up?
    The national Republican party set rules to allow the four early states (Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina) to have their elections in February and the rest after March 6.

Once some states broke the rule and set their dates earlier (ie. Arizona and Michigan set their dates for 2/28 which made Florida set their date for 1/31), this forced the four early states to have to move up to maintain their tradition as the four early states.

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    I think this could be better. Iowa would be earlier too
    Not necessarily. Iowa will have to balance out the pros and cons of being first in the nation and holding their election in December. If they believe they will have less relevance by holding their caucus in December, they will stick to their January 3 date. If they want to maintain their first in the nation status at all cost, then they will move earlier.

As long as we are have the ground troops in IA and NH doing what they're supposed to and campaign is pumping out the commercials, I'm happy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope that doesn't happen. It would cost the NH economy 10s of millions of dollars. Plus, local elections are in Nov in NH. We need time b/t the elections.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Is it possible Iowa lets NH take first and Iowa then becomes the more 'influencial' state as second in the race? hm..

Wow, this will put a much bigger emphasis on BTO and the Veterans day money bomb if they're seriously considering moving the dates up so early. Dec. 16th will probably be the biggest, but we need to make sure we're still getting enough delegates to be competitive come those later states. I'm still hoping for a 500,000 to a million dollar bump on the 5th of November even though it's not being promoted. So between BTO, the 5th, and Veterans day money bombs I pray to God in heaven that we'll be looking at pulling in at least 10 million big ones and hopefully more!

Cain has no money and that is why the media is pumping him up right now and the same with Newt. That's the kind of BS that's hard to overcome and will take a ton of money to do so.

AHhh... why doesn't the establishment just have it on Thankskgiving? Nah, Halloween sounds perfect... this is getting absolutely ridiculous... The Corruption/Bribery/Collusion/Conspiring...

why not just say who won and save the politcal payoffs and racketeering time?
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

NH Primary was secretly held today, Mitt Romney won. Complaint department located first step off roof level, its a dooozy. Amazing what these hacks will not stoop to. And you really think Russia is any worse? You are all an audience at a play and if you do not like it, forget it, there are no refunds.

Dec. 6? Why not just do it next week

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    http://www.boston.com/Boston/politic...BUP/index.html

The tradition and state law Secretary of State Gardner is referring to is NH's tradition of holding elections on Tuesdays and NH's state law of holding its primary at least 7 days before a similar election.
    I'm a little confused...New Hampshire was after Iowa in 2008 (as always I believe). So what tradition are we talking about, exactly??????

Wow, the way this is going, the Iowa caucus might be held two weeks from now.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    See New Hampshire Secretary of State Bill Gardner (who appears to have been assimilated into the Borg) in action starting at 1:00 into this video. What does this video say about New Hampshire?

Last edited by anaconda; 10-08-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lets_Race View Post
    Because Florida moved theirs up, and Iowa/New Hampshire/South Carolina/Nevada feel entitled to be the first ones.

New Hampshire can do this stuff with a straight face? December? It's becoming ridiculous - gonna make New Hampshire close to irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I'm a little confused...New Hampshire was after Iowa in 2008 (as always I believe). So what tradition are we talking about, exactly??????
    The tradition is that New Hampshire has held elections on Tuesdays since the 70s. If they stick to their tradition of Tuesday elections, their only option in January would be January 10, but that would only be 4 days before Nevada and the NH Sec of State is adamant that NH will not break their state law requiring them to be at least 7 days before another election.
    Last edited by tsai3904; 10-08-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybags View Post
    NH Primary was secretly held today, Mitt Romney won. Complaint department located first step off roof level, its a dooozy. Amazing what these hacks will not stoop to. And you really think Russia is any worse? You are all an audience at a play and if you do not like it, forget it, there are no refunds.
    Really? NH Primary was secretly held today? you sure about that

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    A made up tradition. For example, previously, the NH primary was not at least 7 days before a caucus and the world didn't end. It is clear to me that the NH Sec of State if full of it.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I will never consider New Hampshire the Live Free or Die state...ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Billay View Post
    Dec. 6? Why not just do it next week
    Whole primary should have been done already.
    mises.org <- Learn to be as good in Economics as Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is almost a good thing. Because you know what it shows without a shadow of a doubt?

The establishment is $#@!ing scared as hell of Ron Paul and his slow, steady increase in popularity and polling. They will pull all the stops in the media and elsewhere to stop him. This is the "then they fight you stage" in full swing. They are VERY scared of a Ron Paul victory which is becoming more and more likely.

I think they are doing this as a last resort before they move on to the big guns. If Paul wins Iowa and/or NH, we could see some crazy $#@! start to happen...

Ron Paul Sign Bomb Monday October 10, 2011
    in less than 24 hours...

http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...g-October-10th
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by michaelkellenger View Post
    Speaking of which, it's now on the Drivers License. It says LIVE FREE OR DIE over and over again on the bottom of the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    The tradition is that New Hampshire has held elections on Tuesdays since the 70s. If they stick to their tradition of Tuesday elections, their only option in January would be January 10, but that would only be 4 days before Nevada and the NH Sec of State is adamant that NH will not break their state law requiring them to be at least 7 days before another election.
    Thank you for the explanation. Although I can't imagine why anyone would care if their election were within 7 days of another state's. I mean, Super Tuesday has a bunch on the same day and none of those states are whining.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelkellenger View Post
    I stopped thinking that in 2008, with their massive voter fraud and support for John McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Wow, the way this is going, the Iowa caucus might be held two weeks from now.
    Bachmann might still have a shot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast