Thread: [VIDEO]: FOX News: Ron Paul wins Values Voters Straw Poll

[VIDEO]: FOX News: Ron Paul wins Values Voters Straw Poll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are saying its not that big a deal because young people like him, and there was a lot of young people there. Whats wrong with young people?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRules View Post
    They are saying its not that big a deal because young people like him, and there was a lot of young people there. Whats wrong with young people?
    dunno, but I'm close to thinking they moved up the caucuses to the holidays when colleges aren't in session on purpose....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Hahaha! I happened to find out about the win while driving home from work. I happened to have the radio on, and at the hour fox news break, the announcer used exactly those phrases- "Ron Paul the Libertarian" and "the live-and-let-live Libertarian." Oooh, he sounds so dangerous and crazy! What does that last even mean??????

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    dunno, but I'm close to thinking they moved up the caucuses to the holidays when colleges aren't in session on purpose....
    I'm with you on that

So Cain wins and it represents a massive shift. Paul wins and it is a fluke. Riiiight. But every time we win, we prevent a narrative being spun in favor of other candidates.

Even Perkins at the even tis trying to downplay the results.

"Oh, social cons have not made up their mind yet. Cain and Santorum got them cheering too!"

If nothing else, we prevented them gushing over Cain quite as much.

Something interesting to look at... what were votes like this year as compared to the last few? I think Paul did awful last year, and I recall him coming in second place in 2008. Be interesting to see how the numbers have changed and if Paul's picked up any ground, to dispel the notion he just bused his supporters in.and even if he did, what does it say that "real" social conservatives can be beaten by Paul supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by quezkittel View Post
    and "the live-and-let-live libertarian."
    Only Rupert Murdoch could set out to insult someone and wind up giving them a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    So Cain wins and it represents a massive shift. Paul wins and it is a fluke.
    It's getting to be a fluke a week. How laughable will they be when we become the daily fluke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the pattern I'm seeing over the past 6 weeks or so.

1) Ron Paul: Unelectable. || Romney/Perry: Frontrunners
    2) Ron Paul: Not likely to win. || Romney/Perry: Frontrunners
    3) Ron Paul: No comment on electability. || Romney/Perry: "Perceived" Frontrunners

Heh. Slowly but surely, they're getting closer to acknowledging Paul as a frontrunner.

RON PAUL IS THE FRONTRUNNER!
    lets focus on the OHIO straw poll
    on OCTOBER 22nd as we let mitt
    savor mackinac. i'm bumping ohio.

You're CLOSE to thinking that?

Quote Originally Posted by quezkittel View Post
    Hahaha! I happened to find out about the win while driving home from work. I happened to have the radio on, and at the hour fox news break, the announcer used exactly those phrases- "Ron Paul the Libertarian" and "the live-and-let-live Libertarian." Oooh, he sounds so dangerous and crazy! What does that last even mean??????
    I think "live and let live" is in comparison to the neocons that frequent FOX...who are "kill and let kill."

I have to say this is NOT bad coverage from FOX. They actually announced that Ron Paul won, they showed excerpt of his speech, and they had "Ron Paul wins straw poll at values voter summit" written on the caption. That is NOT BAD, considering who we're dealing with.

I was surprised by the coverage. Mostly we notice the bad stuff, but not the good stuff.

Still doesn't even compare to the insane amount of coverage Cain got for winning Florida. Ron deserves an interview on Hannity. He owes him one.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    I was surprised by the coverage. Mostly we notice the bad stuff, but not the good stuff.

Still doesn't even compare to the insane amount of coverage Cain got for winning Florida. Ron deserves an interview on Hannity. He owes him one.
    I agree with you - they really ought to get him on the shows and interview him... But for as much as they do hate him and try to marginalize him, they still got the message of his win out on FOX, and the rest people can figure out themselves. So I say this isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The internet PRINT media has been FAR WORSE so far to us after the VVS win.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post

Cain was NOT accused of ballot stuffing, was NOT discounted, and did NOT have people say 'the real winner is the guy in the number two spot'.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    woot! I'm subscribing to this thread, I kinda want to promote that, but I kinda don't want to bump Ron's speech....

Cain was NOT accused of ballot stuffing, was NOT discounted, and did NOT have people say 'the real winner is the guy in the number two spot'.
    I was referring to the video that you like above. I know all the things that are said when Ron wins. It's just nice to see some good coverage that I never usually see because people focus on the negatives.

Anyone else think Fox is unwittingly doing us a favor by calling him the "live and let live" candidate?
    "Every generation deserves to live free." ~Ron Paul
    "It's hard to be free, but when it works it sure is worth it." ~Janis Joplin

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Fox is catching on, I'm tellin' ya!

(just kidding. I can dream though can't I?)

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Fox is catching on, I'm tellin' ya!

(just kidding. I can dream though can't I?)
    I voted for Ron Paul in 1988. I've been promoting libertarian ideals for over a quarter of a century. I was here during the last round. And I'm telling you.

You ain't kidding. He's catching on. Big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.