Thread: Ron Paul Wins Straw Poll at Values Voter Summit in DC

Ron Paul Wins Straw Poll at Values Voter Summit in DC

The national media is downplaying it as usual.

Anyone have a video of the speech? C-SPAN apparently didn't air it....
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It doesn't count as a win because people voted for Paul when they should have voted for cain. Already I'm reading the big story is cain came in 2nd or Romney is in a cult.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Yeh, most of what I have read from the national media so far announces the results and then quickly adds that Paul is only polling in single digits nationally. This is what Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council said:

In a post-vote press conference, FRC President Tony Perkins made sure to note that 600 people had bought tickets for Saturday only -- a none-too-subtle hint that Paul's supporters had over-represented themselves.

"Do the math," said Perkins. "Ron Paul and his campaign are very well organized."
    -------------------------

I want to see the speech!! I think he struck a cord with conservative Christians, and they are big block that are quickly abandoning Perry as his campaign implodes.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Please, SOMEBODY tell me they caught a snapshot of Santorum's reaction when the results were announced!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Better they downplay our victory than to give someone else the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post

Listen to the words in the chorus
    Terminus tela viaticus!

WOOT!

I wasn't even the one to make the first post about this on my other board. And I'm the big Paulite over there.

Everyone is talking an RP/Cain ticket now. They love the idea. Can't say I dont', as long as Cain gets out of the way when it comes to the Fed.

You stay busy dismantling the tax system, and Ron can deal with the currency situation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cain is controlled opposition!
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    Cain is controlled opposition!
    And who will control Ron?

Nasty hit piece on the straw poll:

h xxp://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/10/ron_paul_wins_values_voter_sum.html

break links of hit pieces and their 'has yet to translate to double digits' is simply wrong. CNN's most recent poll has Ron at 11 or 12 % nationally, and that is down from last time by a point or so. And he polls close to best against Obama, so it is just a matter of getting people registered properly.... sigh.... on time....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    And who will control Ron?
    The Constitution, sir.
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by iamse7en View Post
    This was actually pretty good coverage. I still want to see the whole speech....

Daily Paul just posted the speech:

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Part 2:

Wow I didn't think that we would win this one. It wasn't as pushed as the other conventions. Were we even trying?
    If you don't live you life on the edge, you will never see the view

I just got done watching the speech. I hope a better quality recording turns up somewhere, because this really does resonate with the conservative Christian base, which the Fox News report claims make up 50% of the GOP in Iowa. There is a strong liberty - bent among this base, mainly among home-schooler types and those that do take personal responsibility seriously, and believe in less government. He did well reaching out to that base, and explaining his position on the wars and how they destroy the family, and tying it in to the biblical concept of peace as taught by Christ. He also gave specific stories of families whose lives have been destroyed by fathers leaving to fight the wars. Very good speech, and with Rick Perry's Gardasil scandal and other things getting major press, I think Dr. Paul's message can win over many in this voter base. There just are not a lot of other choices, since Huckabee did not run. But this win today will help, especially if the video message can get spread and go viral among the conservative Christian base.

Transcript of his speech is here: hxxp://thepage.time.com/2011/10/08/paul-values-voter-summit-transcript/

From the Ron Paul campaign website:

Speaking of Dr. Paul’s speech earlier today Doug Wead, a born again Christian and former adviser to two U.S. Presidents, said he was blown away by Dr. Paul’s command of the scripture. ”He offered a scriptural rationale to every position and moved from one passage to the next without hesitation. The man knows the Bible.”

wait, where is all the hand-wringing.
    all the naysayers that claimed he lost the conservative or evangelical VOTE over his radical views.

Let Ron Paul be Ron Paul..

cause he's two cool
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

RP got a huge boost from VVS. Helped his position in the upcoming debate and BTO donations

Yeah, especially with the way the media is cooperating with their BLACKING OUT his win.

Now they are accusing him of ballot stuffing:

Rep. Ron Paul scored a decisive victory Saturday in a mock presidential election at the Values Voter Summit, trouncing fellow Texan, Gov. Rick Perry, but an organizer of the straw poll suggested ballot-stuffing may have skewed the results.

In a press conference following the announcement of the straw poll results at the annual Washington gathering of social conservatives, Family Research Council President Tony Perkins all but dismissed the results as irrelevant, citing 600 people who registered Saturday morning and, he said, "left after Ron Paul spoke."

A total of 1,983 ballots were cast. "You do the math," Perkins said.

hxxp://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20117696-503544.html

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.