Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Us vs Them" and Wall Street Protests

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Nothing I have said included abolishing private banks.
    It sure sounded like it.

If we KILL the Banking Industry, we may slow it down some. It is obvious the Banks will fight back.
    Kill the banking industry?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    It sure sounded like it.

Kill the banking industry?
    Yes. At present it is part of the Federal Reserve System. The banking monopoly needs to be broken up. The federal Reserve and all those affiliated with removed. (Tried and Jailed preferably,)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes. At present it is part of the Federal Reserve System. The banking monopoly needs to be broken up. The federal Reserve and all those affiliated with removed. (Tried and Jailed preferably,)
    So the solution is to kill the federal reserve so that we'll have a completely private banking system.

http://daviddegraw.org/2010/06/full-...es-of-america/
    It has now become evident to a critical mass that the Republican and Democratic parties, along with all three branches of our government, have been bought off by a well-organized Economic Elite who are tactically destroying our way of life. The harsh truth is that 99% of the US population no longer has political representation. The US economy, government and tax system is now blatantly rigged against us.

Current statistical societal indicators clearly demonstrate that a strategic attack has been launched and an analysis of current governmental policies prove that conditions for 99% of Americans will continue to deteriorate. The Economic Elite have engineered a financial coup and have brought war to our doorstep. . . and make no mistake, they have launched a war to eliminate the US middle class.

To those who feel I am using extreme rhetoric, I ask you to please take a few minutes of your time to hear me out and research the evidence put forth. The facts are there for the unprejudiced, rational and reasoned mind to absorb. It is the unfortunate reality of our current crisis.

Unless we all unite and organize on common ground, our very way of life and the ideals that our country was founded upon will continue to unravel.
    I would recommend reading the whole thing, it is long but makes and documents the case well.

And from the same site,
    AmpedStatus is part of a decentralized movement that has two key goals:

1) Break up the "Too Big To Fail" banks and Federal Reserve.

2) End the system of political bribery (campaign finance, lobbying, revolving door.)

Unless we organize and take decisive action on these two core common ground issues, we will all suffer the consequences of our inaction.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-16-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

How do we end lobbying and prevent corporations from donating money to political candidates without violating the 1st amendment? It seems as though the only solutions to "stop wall street" involve bigger government.

How do we end lobbying and prevent corporations from donating money to political candidates without violating the 1st amendment? It seems as though the only solutions to "stop wall street" involve bigger government.

End the system of political bribery.

You can lobby without bribes and blackmail. (but bribes and blackmail are so much more effective)

Lets see. One possibility is that no legislation that benefits business is allowed. Period.
    Tie the Governments hands so they can DO NO FAVORS.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-16-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

You can lobby without bribes and blackmail. (but bribes and blackmail are so much more effective)
    I believe bribery is already illegal. It just isn't enforced as well as it should be.

I believe bribery is already illegal. It just isn't enforced as well as it should be.
    Well DUH !
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    The Federal Reserve is my Enemy, not Wall Street.
    what country has the best alternative to federal reserve?

Lets see. One possibility is that no legislation that benefits business is allowed. Period.
    Tie the Governments hands so they can DO NO FAVORS.
    so you want the kind of capitalism where everybody is free to trade with their hands, except the government.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Becker View Post
    what country has the best alternative to federal reserve?
    This one did prior to 1913.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

This one did prior to 1913.
    what country today?

what country today?
    What country isn't in economic trouble?

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

What country isn't in economic trouble?

what guarantee do you have that having a non-federal reserve alternative will be free from all and any economic trouble?

what guarantee do you have that having a non-federal reserve alternative will be free from all and any economic trouble?
    Well, history shows that the country was incredibly prosperous before, and has been on a steady decline since.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Well, history shows that the country was incredibly prosperous before, and has been on a steady decline since.
    how was prosperity measured? GDP? work hours? lifespan?

why can't you give me something specific? are you willing to tell me you'll trade today's life to live in 1906?

You begging the question who says federal reserve is good in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    You begging the question who says federal reserve is good in the first place?
    I am saying that the lack of an existing and working alternative makes it pointless to criticize

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    how was prosperity measured? GDP? work hours? lifespan?

why can't you give me something specific? are you willing to tell me you'll trade today's life to live in 1906?
    Seems to be working for the Amish

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    The Federal Reserve is my Enemy, not Wall Street.
    Wall Street = Symptom
    Federal Reserve = Disease

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    We KNOW that some of these people partaking in the protests have left leanings that don't align with the liberty philosophy. The thing is, these protests have NOTHING to do with the left-right paradigm. You can act all self-righteous and not associate yourself with these people because of their political affiliation by dehumanizing them with "ilk" and other names. By doing that, you are still playing into the false paradigm. Thing is, if and when violence will be brought into the picture, will you still talk as if these protestors are nothing like you? Is your head really that full of political fluff that you can't strip yourself of label and find the common humanity with them?

It's time that we put aside our labels, find common ground, and go from there to determine how "We the People" - not "We the Ron Paul People" - can change this place.

We're all human, and we're all struggling.
    +rep to OP.

This is my feeling towards OWS the more I read. The RP movement was a lot more open and amorphous in the beginning as well. Now its pretty much about getting RP elected only. If OWS stays around for longer than this election cycle, and remains amorphous enough, I think it could be a good vehicle for the liberty agenda.

I see a lot of wedge issue divisiveness in a lot of these threads. "Well, what's really wrong is x and OWS isn't focusing on x." RP movement isn't any less collectivist than OWS. We need authentic strategic vehicles for spreading the R3volution and I haven't seen any good rationale on why we should just pass this opportunity up.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Labels are important. Don't abandon your labels, or your cause will be lost. You need to be able to contrast your philosophy with that of the people who oppose you. The ones who stick to their labels will ultimately succeed in pushing their political agenda all the way.

Great video. Why haven't these points made it into the OWS movement?

With some minor modifications, this would be an "End the Fed" video.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Great video. Why haven't these points made it into the OWS movement?

With some minor modifications, this would be an "End the Fed" video.
    They have,
    Unfortunately the media and some have been focusing on the loud $#@! stirrers in an effort to kill the movement.
    There were folks with no clue (or ulterior motives) that have joined, but this was the original purpose.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12