Thread: The Ron Paul dance song released today!!

The Ron Paul dance song released today!!

After Ron Paul lost the Iowa Straw Poll to Bachmann/Travis by such a small marigin I realized just how much it means that each and every one of us finds a way to reach out to ‘just one more voter’. If 16 people would have gotten on the phone and made calls to make 10 people go to Ames, we would be in a very different situation right now. I realized that in spite of spending a lot of time on the forum and on news sites reading about the Ron Paul, I’ve done very little of the work that needs to be done to win. Spending hundreds of hours by the computer won’t get Paul any closer to victory.

Things had to change. So I made a few phone calls to people who were active in my Meetup group Swedes for Ron Paul back in 2007 and invited them to my house for some brainstorming. Being in Sweden, we are surrounded mostly by people who are not allowed to vote or donate in the U.S., so handing out flyers was not likely to be all that effective. We thought about phone banking, but we all have pretty bad Swedish accents, so chances are that the people we call might end up voting for the Swedish Chef rather that Paul (which would still be better than Romney or Perry, but still not ideal). Then we thought about what Paul said in the documentary For Liberty:

“My theory has always been that if you ever can bring about revolutionary changes, two things will be required – young people have to be involved and you have to have music”

We already have lots of young people in the Ron Paul movement, bet we don’t think there is enough music, and we decided that this is what we are going to do. So we all decided to go all in for this. For the last month we all took time off from work, we wrote lyrics, worked on melodies and practiced a lot. By digging deep we were even able to rent a recording studio and buy more advanced music editing programs. A few hours ago the final tweaking and polishing got finished and the song is ready for release.

Read more here.
    Last edited by Stefan; 10-08-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Embedded the video
    Founder of Swedes for Paul!

Feel free to listen to, comment, like and spread our Ron Paul techno song:
    Swedes for Paul - Paul's Going Forward!

Thanks!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I really like it.
    Go check out my vocal covers on Youtube. Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdQYPR6lEo

I love how people around the world are inspired to do things like this because of one great man! Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Things had to change. So I made a few phone calls to people who were active in my Meetup group Swedes for Ron Paul back in 2007 and invited them to my house for some brainstorming. Being in Sweden, we are surrounded mostly by people who are not allowed to vote or donate in the U.S., so handing out flyers was not likely to be all that effective. We thought about phone banking, but we all have pretty bad Swedish accents, so chances are that the people we call might end up voting for the Swedish Chef rather that Paul (which would still be better than Romney or Perry, but still not ideal).
    You folks can make additional contributions in other ways...

A couple of good options:

The Ron Paul Forums:
    http://ronpaul.chipin.com/rpf-october-fundraiser

Ronpaulhawaii aka Mike Maresco:
    http://www.maresco.us/support

Enlisting others who cannot contribute to the campaign or PACs would make a great project that would really help efforts here in the US.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 10-05-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Great work on the song!!! spreading it around now

Quote Originally Posted by neverseen View Post
    Great work on the song!!! spreading it around now
    Thanks

Do you guys think it would be better to have the video embedded in the thread, so that people won't have to click the link to get to the song?

Thanks!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Thanks

Do you guys think it would be better to have the video embedded in the thread, so that people won't have to click the link to get to the song?
    It should be embedded, most people won't click links...

Listened all the way through to the end... loved the little easter egg at the very end!

Quote Originally Posted by leonster View Post
    Listened all the way through to the end... loved the little easter egg at the very end!
    We all love easter eggs, and the man IS catching on this time around

Thanks!

Thats great!

..."He's catchin' on I'm tellin' ya!

Ha ha!
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Wow...I just love the creativity of free thinking people. Thank you for all your work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by wd4freedom View Post
    Wow...I just love the creativity of free thinking people. Thank you for all your work on this.
    Thanks, I'll spread this to everyone who was involved in making this!

Thanks!