Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Getting on the ballot in virginia!!

  1. #1

    Default Getting on the ballot in virginia!!

    Did anyone else get a letter from the campaign asking for us to get signatures so that Ron Paul can get on the ballot?

    It appears we need 10,000 in total and at least 400 from each county. This sounds like it will be one of those easy, but difficult kind of things considering we need 400 each from all counties.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Yes, I got the same letter. Just got started. Blacksburg should be a piece of cake! Good Luck.

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jingles View Post
    Did anyone else get a letter from the campaign asking for us to get signatures so that Ron Paul can get on the ballot?

    It appears we need 10,000 in total and at least 400 from each county. This sounds like it will be one of those easy, but difficult kind of things considering we need 400 each from all counties.

    whoops missed this.

    Yes. Anyone know the liaison in VA for this. It was a man named Allen Neal in 07.

    We were pushing the deadline back then, so it's not as easy as it sounds.
    Last edited by Todd; 10-07-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

    Why Government Doesn't Work

    The American Ideal of 1776: The Twelve Basic American Principles

  5. #4

    Default

    Making the rounds tomorrow for signatures. I do not have any RP campaign materials, any ideas about what I can give to any interested potential RP voters?

  6. #5

    Default

    He needs that to get on the ballot for the primary?

  7. #6

    Default

    Needs signatures... that's why they sent me the forms, etc.

    Any downloadable flyers I can give out to prospects as I collect signatures?

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    He needs that to get on the ballot for the primary?
    sounds to me like ron paul has a back up plan if this is the case Plan A the gop wants nothing of it, so gotta have a plan b There is only one reason to get on a ballot an indy run if the gop alienates him!!

    why would you have to get sigs to be on a ballot if your already a candidate polling?
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 10-08-2011 at 07:11 PM.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    why would you have to get sigs to be on a ballot if your already a candidate polling?
    States are able to set their own election laws. There are other states that require signatures too.

  10. #9

    Default

    Does anyone have any ideas about campaign materials I can print quickly? Can't wait for an order.

    Anyone in VA? Not much RP action around here...

  11. #10

    Default

    I got the petitions, and did some checking. From what I'm told I cannot collect signatures on campus. Think I could just set up a table outside wally world??

    Currently I am struggling with laryngitis which isn't exactly helping, but The Ron Paul bumper stickers are going out like candy.


    Edit: I was able scan the petitions and create image files. PM me your e-mail if this is practical for a two sided form. Also I wanted to say search for the Ron Paul bumper sticker give away threads, the one I responded to was very generous =)
    Last edited by Simple; 10-08-2011 at 07:37 PM.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sspicer View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas about campaign materials I can print quickly? Can't wait for an order.

    Anyone in VA? Not much RP action around here...
    Here's some:

    http://r3publican.wordpress.com/2011...-door-efforts/
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/57229192/WHO-IS-THIS-MAN-4

  13. #12

    Default

    Thank you tsai!!!

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    States are able to set their own election laws. There are other states that require signatures too.
    thanks made me wonder what was going on in the communistwealth of virginia!!

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    thanks made me wonder what was going on in the communistwealth of virginia!!
    I'm curious speciallyblend, what do you mean by communistwealth of VA? I think VA is pretty hands off, kind of a limited government sort of state.
    Am I wrong?

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    whoops missed this.

    Yes. Anyone know the liaison in VA for this. It was a man named Allen Neal in 07.

    We were pushing the deadline back then, so it's not as easy as it sounds.
    My letter has a return envelope for Springfield, VA and an email addres for someone named chris at ronpaul2012.com.
    Last edited by sspicer; 10-14-2011 at 08:46 AM.

  17. #16

    Default

    any progress updates appreciated

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sspicer View Post
    I'm curious speciallyblend, what do you mean by communistwealth of VA? I think VA is pretty hands off, kind of a limited government sort of state.
    Am I wrong?
    well i am from va beach , i view it is a state that decides what you can do and cannot. I view it as a mix of communist/fascist state especially on marijuana laws. i see the whole state as a communistwealth. all they ever did was take my money!! communistwealth of virginia works better then fascist of virginia for saying, As a life long resident of the state. I HATE VA!! I live in the united states of colorado!! it is my way of saying f va communistwealth of va! oo sorry if i offended you though i did help change some marijuana laws in va before i moved to co and testified in the general assembly
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 10-08-2011 at 09:20 PM.

  19. #18

    Default

    Ok, some verification! Of course the marijuana laws are obtuse (and I don't indulge at all, never have), but most of the states are the same. They still believe its the gateway drug, whatever. But for business, gun laws, etc., its not too bad here. Although, it does also have a typical southern law/authority god complex too, lots of bad cop crap. Maybe it IS the Communistwealth of VA afterall, now that I think about it. Wow, RP gave me such an open mind, I'm afaid of what someone will convince me of next!!

    Oh, and congratulations on being in Co. I hear its lovely.
    You do actually live in Co, right? Or only in your mind?
    Last edited by sspicer; 10-09-2011 at 08:14 PM.

  20. #19

    Default Correction re: ballot petitions

    Quote Originally Posted by Jingles View Post
    Did anyone else get a letter from the campaign asking for us to get signatures so that Ron Paul can get on the ballot?

    It appears we need 10,000 in total and at least 400 from each county. This sounds like it will be one of those easy, but difficult kind of things considering we need 400 each from all counties.
    It's 10,000 for the state and 400 per Congressional District, not county. But you want to aim for 20% more than required 'cuz the establishment pukes at the VA Board of Elections will do what they can to keep RP off the ballot. Last time around they would throw an entire petition out if it had a single mistake on it. That was like 19 signatures out the window for one mistake.

  21. #20

    Default

    What is the deadline the campaign told you? As far as I was aware this has to be to the election office by the 15th or 19th or sometimes very soon.. maybe the date changed.

    This is the info for the state director for VA

    Announcing Virginia State Director

    Announcing the Ron Paul 2012 Virginia State Director, Chris Stearns. It is never to early to get organized. You can contact Chris Stearns at christophers@ronpaul2012.com or 757-513-8232. Chris is looking for volunteers to start organizing at the precinct level.

  22. #21

    Default

    Sorry for not looking this up (don't have the time right now), but do you have to be a registered Republican to vote for Ron Paul on the March 6th primary?

  23. #22

    Default

    Well I talked to a gentleman on campus today collecting signatures for Ron Paul
    "Time is catching up with me." -Ron Paul

  24. #23
    Member ronpaulhawaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire (Kauai ex pat - FSP mover)
    Posts
    11,459
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    whoops missed this.

    Yes. Anyone know the liaison in VA for this. It was a man named Allen Neal in 07.

    We were pushing the deadline back then, so it's not as easy as it sounds.
    This guy?

    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

    What others do pales beside what YOU do.

    Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

    "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

    ~ C.Coolidge

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inflamesdjk02 View Post
    Sorry for not looking this up (don't have the time right now), but do you have to be a registered Republican to vote for Ron Paul on the March 6th primary?
    NO! In VA we do not register party affiliation. You just have to be registered to participate in any primary. I think you need to be registered by end of January or so to vote on Super Tuesday. Not 100% sure though, so register early just in case, if necessary.

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    This guy?

    Yep....that's him....good to see he's still involved.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

    Why Government Doesn't Work

    The American Ideal of 1776: The Twelve Basic American Principles

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sspicer View Post
    NO! In VA we do not register party affiliation. You just have to be registered to participate in any primary. I think you need to be registered by end of January or so to vote on Super Tuesday. Not 100% sure though, so register early just in case, if necessary.
    Thanks for the info. I finally found the government website, and you're right. I moved here about a year ago and I'm registered. Received my voting materials in the mail about a month ago from the State Board of Elections.





« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •