Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1875

Thread: Introduce yourself! Who, What, Where, Why!

All these "lurkers" are making me nervous. Maybe I should contact the NSA.......

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thought I'd mention some personal experience.... It took me YEARS of NOT lurking, and participating, to get to a point where I feel like I REALLY know what I'm talking about. I always thought I did, of course. But once I realized I didn't, it took me years after that. Never woulda got where I am just lurking! (and surely in 5 years I will think that who I am today was an idiot again, but that's what it's all for!)
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Well I never knew about this thread...

Hi, my name's Dave and I'm a whistleholic. ("Hi, Dave.")

Seriously though, I'm an aspiring professional whistler. I've done lots of paying gigs but haven't had that big break yet to be able to get to the point where I can make this my full time living. Hoping that happens at some point; I just got hooked up with a much better agent than the one I just had for the last couple years.

I am a former life long Democrat (liberal--and key word *former*) and I started following Ron Paul in the 2012 primary, and switched party registration to Republican in order to be able to vote for him in the primary. Here in California, it was so late in the game, they were already declaring Romney had "clinched" it so I made huge signs out of plywood saying "The Media Is Lying -- Ron Paul Is Still In It! www.thereal2012delegatecount.com" and I went around in the middle of the night before election day hanging them up over freeway overpasses in very high traffic areas. When I went to take them down the following night, all but 2 of them were taken down within a day, even though I used chains and padlocks and reinforced them with metal plates to make 'em tough to remove!! LOL Also did phone banking for Ron Paul leading up to the CA primary, calling registered Repubs in Orange County.

Currently between jobs. I do purchasing, 10+ years experience, mostly medical/surgical supplies and pharmaceuticals. Was also a Realtor for 7 years but no real desire to go back into real estate. I think I'm really close to getting a good job, finally. Got two good possibilities going right now.

Non-Bible believing believer in the Infinite Eternal Consciousness of the Universe.

I sometimes disappear from RPF for weeks or even months at a time, mainly because when I start hanging out here I spend way too much time in here, and I don't get enough productive things done in real life!!
    Last edited by WhistlinDave; 06-30-2013 at 10:49 PM.
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlinDave View Post

Seriously though, I'm an aspiring professional whistler. I've done lots of paying gigs but haven't had that big break yet to be able to get to the point where I can make this my full time living. Hoping that happens at some point; I just got hooked up with a much better agent than the one I just had for the last couple years.

I am a former life long Democrat (liberal--and key word *former*) and I started following Ron Paul in the 2012 primary, and switched party registration to Republican in order to be able to vote for him in the primary. Here in California, it was so late in the game, they were already declaring Romney had "clinched" it so I made huge signs out of plywood saying "The Media Is Lying -- Ron Paul Is Still In It! www.thereal2012delegatecount.com" and I went around in the middle of the night before election day hanging them up over freeway overpasses in very high traffic areas. When I went to take them down the following night, all but 2 of them were taken down within a day, even though I used chains and padlocks and reinforced them with metal plates to make 'em tough to remove!! LOL Also did phone banking for Ron Paul leading up to the CA primary, calling registered Repubs in Orange County.

Currently between jobs. I do purchasing, 10+ years experience, mostly medical/surgical supplies and pharmaceuticals. Was also a Realtor for 7 years but no real desire to go back into real estate. I think I'm really close to getting a good job, finally. Got two good possibilities going right now.

Non-Bible believing believer in the Infinite Eternal Consciousness of the Universe.

I sometimes disappear from RPF for weeks or even months at a time, mainly because when I start hanging out here I spend way too much time in here, and I don't get enough productive things done in real life!!
    -- music will change the world --
    http://www.govbot.net
    http://www.facebook.com/govbotdotnet
    http://www.twitter.com/govbotdotnet
    http://www.youtube.com/govbotdotnet
    https://soundcloud.com/govbotdotnet-1

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlinDave View Post

Every kid dreams of being a professional whistler someday,but honestly,how many make it big?Good luck with your dreams,but you might consider a backup plan.
    Gandy Dancer?Hod Carrier?Carnival Barker?I'm just saying,don't give up your dreams but keep your options open.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Every kid dreams of being a professional whistler someday,but honestly,how many make it big?Good luck with your dreams,but you might consider a backup plan.
    Gandy Dancer?Hod Carrier?Carnival Barker?I'm just saying,don't give up your dreams but keep your options open.
    LOL Tell me about it... I'm definitely in need of a "day job," and I'm not jobless by choice. Still looking. Another job interview next week, hopefully this will be the one.

Actually wouldn't mind relocating if anybody here owns their own business and needs a good smart purchasing agent, or customer service rep, or sales/marketing person, or all around "everything" person, or manual laborer, or anything else that doesn't require detailed technical knowledge. I could do just about anything any "normal" person could do, as long as it's not surgery, rocket science, electronics, programming, etc... No real technical skills but over ten years purchasing experience, and some real estate experience, good with contracts and paperwork, good with people, great on the phone, really capable. Anybody looking for good reliable help? I just need to make enough to support myself, one wife, and one kid. Willing to cut the long hair if necessary.
    Last edited by WhistlinDave; 08-03-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

Hi - My name is David, and I practice law in California. I am a libertarian and sometimes a Libertarian, and a fan of Ron Paul and Rand Paul as well.

somewhere in Florida.. no snow for me thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi ya David, welcome

Interesting that you posted *practice law* instead of am an attorney.. I like it. Is that one of those practice makes perfect things?
    ~grin~
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GovBotDotNet View Post
    [...]
    Another Eduardo sock. Welcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Patrick View Post
    Hi - My name is David, and I practice law in California. I am a libertarian and sometimes a Libertarian, and a fan of Ron Paul and Rand Paul as well.
    Gretings D. Welcome , I never practice law per se , myself , that is for others, I honestly can not keep up with them all , if I could I would start a blog where everyone could list weekly infractions

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Hi ya David, welcome

Interesting that you posted *practice law* instead of am an attorney.. I like it. Is that one of those practice makes perfect things?
    ~grin~
    Well, all we lawyers ever do is practice...

I am Cynthia Brian,from India...I have come here just to get some knowledge and discuss in what ever I can

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soloice View Post
    I am Cynthia Brian,from India...I have come here just to get some knowledge and discuss in what ever I can
    Welcome!
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

Quote Originally Posted by soloice View Post
    That is a very Indian name.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    That is a very Indian name.
    Sorta like whenever I call tech support. Frank James, the Hindu, on the other end.

Welcome Cynthia.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

Internet shills exposed: (Yes, there are plenty on RPF)
    http://the-tap.blogspot.com/2012/10/...eyre-real.html

Why most RPF members are against the US involvement with Israel explained by Mini-Me:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=218093
    No anti-semitism, just logic.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks Fishing Boat Rentals

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263