Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself! Who, What, Where, Why!

I'm Molly Robrecht and I'm from West Virginia. I'm a registered republican, but after listening to Dr. Paul, I've realized that I'm more libertarian.

I'm a senior in college majoring in (get this) Social Work! I take great pride in wearing my Ron Paul t-shirts to my social work classes.... Irony anyone?

One interesting thing about me is that I'm also Mormon. While Romney is more "presidential" I cannot support his positions, beliefs, and past record. I'm actively trying to get the word out among the Mormon community about Ron Paul and his message of a divinely inspired Constitution that needs to be protected, and his policy that will bring peace and freedom to the American people.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Welcome to the forums Molly! I'm glad you have found us.

I think us young people will outnumber the older folks here soon (If we don't already!) It seems that our age group is the most prone to converting to Dr. Paul's message.

Quote Originally Posted by rmolly1 View Post
    I'm Molly Robrecht and I'm from West Virginia. I'm a registered republican, but after listening to Dr. Paul, I've realized that I'm more libertarian.

I'm a senior in college majoring in (get this) Social Work! I take great pride in wearing my Ron Paul t-shirts to my social work classes.... Irony anyone?

One interesting thing about me is that I'm also Mormon. While Romney is more "presidential" I cannot support his positions, beliefs, and past record. I'm actively trying to get the word out among the Mormon community about Ron Paul and his message of a divinely inspired Constitution that needs to be protected, and his policy that will bring peace and freedom to the American people.
    Welcome, Molly!

I'm Kent, and I live just up Route 50 in Salem. There are some other people from Parkersburg here on the forum. We have a meetup group here in the Clarksburg area, and there's one over in Marietta. Have you been in contact with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of '76 View Post
    Welcome, Molly!

I'm Kent, and I live just up Route 50 in Salem. There are some other people from Parkersburg here on the forum. We have a meetup group here in the Clarksburg area, and there's one over in Marietta. Have you been in contact with them?
    Molly's already on our delegate slate, in fact. She's a friend of a friend. Just new to ronpaulforums.
    mdh - mdh (at) lpwv (dot) org
    Libertarian Party of West Virginia Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastjohn View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. What's an MDH?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
    Welcome to the forums Molly! I'm glad you have found us.

I think us young people will outnumber the older folks here soon (If we don't already!) It seems that our age group is the most prone to converting to Dr. Paul's message.
    Yeah yeah, just stay off my lawn, y'dern kids.
    mdh - mdh (at) lpwv (dot) org
    Libertarian Party of West Virginia Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastjohn View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. What's an MDH?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    Molly's already on our delegate slate, in fact. She's a friend of a friend. Just new to ronpaulforums.
    Ah, good.

Hi my name is Kelly I am 24 I am a libertarian from Vermont and trying my hardest to spread the word about Ron up here in the green Mountains!!

I am new to this forum but have been posting on Motheringdotcommune for a while...Man it is hard ALL LIBERALS!!!

Any advice? All they keep bringing up is how Ron is a racist
    Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms. ~RON PAUL

What's up Kelly! Nice to see another Vermonter here.

Quote Originally Posted by rmolly1 View Post
    I'm Molly Robrecht and I'm from West Virginia.
    Welcome. I hail from Charleston originally. I would love to go back, but there are no jobs

It really is almost heaven.

Jeff from Oregon, christmas tree grower/retailer, gold miner, 41....voted for Dr. Paul in 1988.....anxious for the REVOLUTION to get here sooner than later to get rid of the dead weight that is destroying what was once a great republic of our Old timers (my deceased great grandparents included)......I am a true believer in DE-EVOLUTION (DEVO)....need some more brains and balls to follow the footsteps of the TRUE PATRIOTS (men who gave their lives, fortunes and sacred Honor)....Unfortunately that great gift they bestowed upon us is but a Pearl before Swine licking the chains that bind them.

IMHO the #1 enemy we face is the Judicial Branch as appointed fallable men that have proven themselves to be "domestic enemies" setting "legal" "precident" (the willful undoing of the Constitution which did not serve their purposes or ideals).
    Last edited by fj45lvr; 08-29-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

My name is Kenneth Gower, I live in Phoenix Arizona. I'm 22 years old, married, and I go to DeVry University studying Game and Simulation Programming. I only recently became aware of Ron Paul. About a month ago there was a post on BoingBoing about the growing popularity of Dr. Paul. I spent the next week scouring the internet for more information on the man, and I found myself inspired. Until that moment I was not planning to vote at all. Bush's constant attacks upon our liberties had disillusioned me terribly, and I knew that the candidates the MSM talked about would expand upon and abuse the powers Bush has given the Executive Branch. I have gotten most of family and friends turned onto Dr. Paul, and I'm sure they'll be voting in the primaries for him.
    Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries BY A GOVERNMENT, which we might expect in a country WITHOUT GOVERNMENT, our calamity is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer. - Thomas Paine

What I fear most are affirmative actions of sober and well-intentioned men, granting to government powers to do something that appears to need doing. - Robert Heinlein

Carolynn Moore, Birmingham Alabama, Libertarian, attorney. I have known about Dr. Paul for years. I have been following the campaign from the first time I heard he had an exploratory committee. This is the most excited I have seen people about a political candidate in years. Most people I know have grown very cynical about politics.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My name is Patrick.. I'm from Fairview, PA (outside of Erie). I never heard of Ron Paul until I was watching a debate when Giuliani asked him to retract his statement of logic. I said out loud "you better not retract it!".. even though I was sure he would, being a no-namer and all. And he didn't! I was amazed.. I looked him up online right away.. and the rest of the story tells itself.

My name is Jeremy. I am excited to see the spontaneous organization the grass roots campaign is exhibiting. People are doing amazing things online that have impact all across the nation.

I am excited that if Ron Paul wins people might be forced to acknowledge a new world in which power is distributed more appropriately to the people. Everyone is empowered!

Quote Originally Posted by krott5333 View Post
    My name is Patrick.. I'm from Fairview, PA (outside of Erie). I never heard of Ron Paul until I was watching a debate when Giuliani asked him to retract his statement of logic. I said out loud "you better not retract it!".. even though I was sure he would, being a no-namer and all. And he didn't! I was amazed.. I looked him up online right away.. and the rest of the story tells itself.
    Welcome.

Somebody else recently mentioned that it was that exchange that won them over. I couldn't find the quote then, but when questioned about how he felt that night after Giuliani's attack, Ron Paul said "I had a very normal reaction. It really wasn't anger, it was loneliness. I felt very lonely..."

The more I hear from people like you the more I beginning to think that night will be remembered as the turning point of this campaign.

He stood in the gap for all of us that day.

BTW, I found a wonderful window into his marvelous sense of humor in the interview I linked to.

He was asked "If you were to defy the polls and the odds and win the nomination, who would be your running mate?"

He responded "Well, I don't know, but if I won, you know, I'd want a recount. You know, lets be certain about what's going on here."

How can you not love him?

Hello everyone! My name is Cameron. I'm 27 and live in Bedford New Hampshire.

I moved here from North Carolina in September 2006. I have been a fan of Dr. Paul since I was a junior in high school, which also happens to be the time I "Yahoo'ed" "Libertarian."

I work in sales management for Verizon Wireless and am a huge Duke basketball fan.

Working in retail has kept me from doing as much as I want for the campaign, but I proudly donate directly to the campaign and to causes independent of the campaign (yes, even to sending flowers to Fox news reporters! LOL!).

I am very excited about the number of new people that are here who had up until this year not heard of Dr. Paul.

My primary reason for supporting Dr. Paul is the word "principle." No one comes close to the consistency and principles of Ron Paul. It doesn't hurt that I agree with nearly every one of his viewpoints.

I hope to see more college organizing take place. I'll be at my alma mater Elon University later this month and will be visiting their Political Science department. I plan to give them a copy of Ron Paul's book on foreign policy and pocket copies of the Constitution.

On a side, I would recommend that it a good idea to send pocket Constitutions to political science departments in your area. The professors love them and give them out to students. Other options include guides like Leonard Read's "I, Pencil", another primer on free markets.

Let's keep the excitement going as we move to continuously enlarge this great REVOLution!

Cameron

bump.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

Lots of new members and guests online.

New members, say hello --- we're happy to have you here!

Guests ---- consider signing up! It's a friendly community and there are always guaranteed to be several fiery debates taking place.

Best,
    Ryan

Hello everyone!!

Name is Tim, I'm from San Jose, CA now Living in Paradise, CA. Found Dr. Paul through the AFTF movie, been following him every since.

I am a network Engineer, and I work from home and online usually all day, everyday. I belong to the Chico Meetup group, and I also participate in no fewer then 20 forums all over the country spreading the word of Ron Paul. I have had much success. I have also been involved with a few anti war protests handing out RP information with the Democrats, I have also been to a few gun show doing the same thing.

Thanks,
    Tim
    http://freeme.tv get the latest in videos for Ron Paul around the net.

Also check out the Ron Paul Newsroom

Grassroots supporter and blogger, check it out!! http://www.politicallore.com/

"Dont tax me. Bro!!"

Hey everyone,

I'm a 21 year old full time senior college student from Newark,NJ and work part time as well. I found out about Dr. Paul in October 2004 off Lew Rockwell and have been active with the JBS since that time. Pretty big baseball fan, the only reason I watch TV. No big goals or pipedream ideas for me if I can have 1 job with 50 hours working or less that pays all the bills I'll be happy.

Ron Paul appeals to me because we share about the same positions on issues important to me in this order: Abolishing the Federal Reserve, Confronting the Israeli Lobby, Immigration(I think he's a bit soft on Legal Immigration, but overall he's a B- on this issue), Trade Policy, Foreign Policy, and Abolishing the IRS replacing with nothing.

Let's help Ron win!

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dan from Mid-Michigan. I'm a former television engineer now working toward a career in photography.

Several months ago I saw Ron Paul briefly on the news but it didn't make an impression then because it was so brief.

Recently though I heard there was going to be a debate covered by FOX. I missed it on TV but looked for it on YouTube. I was surprised that typing "Fox Debate" into YouTube search brought a massive flood of Ron Paul debate clips.

After watching them more and more I started getting interested. I also watched the other candidates debating again to give them one last chance to impress me and they didn't cut it.

The last few elections I was a 3rd party voter but this time Ron Paul has my support and I'm returning to the Republican party for 2008.

Also as someone who worked in television for many years I had wondered if the expansion of the internet and especially internet video could change politics and the importance of large campaign "war chests". I'm am very intrigued that a candidate has come along who's campaign message is booming across the internet like this and he can get noticed even though the media initially dismissed him.

As for why I like him I like that he is decentralizing the power and authority of government at the Federal level and giving it back to the states.
    Last edited by VIDEODROME; 09-16-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Walt, from Cedar Park, TX (Austin suburb). I've never done anything to support a candidate before, but I'm putting everything I can into this. Donations, fliers, on-line activism, talking to friends and family. I wish I could do more. I truly believe Ron Paul has a good chance of winning the primary.
    Reclaim
    Our
    Nation
    Patriotic
    Americans
    United for
    Liberty

If the First Amendment fails, use the Second one.
    The Constitution doesn't have any asterisks.

Thumbs up

Hi, I'm lisa. My husband and I live in NC, not too far from Raleigh. I had heard about Dr. Paul through a blog around June but didn't think much of it cause I was basically through with the Rep.Party. But we were at a flea market one saturday in early August, and I saw a Ron Paul info stand. We talked to the volunteers and took some info. Of course I googled Ron Paul when I got home and WOW...I was blown away. Except for maybe one issue, I agreed with Dr. Pauls platform. Most important-I believed he was telling the truth about his intentions.
    So I have been telling family, friends, neighbors 1, to register, 2, to vote for RP and have passed out CDs and emailed youtube links like crazy. Glad to be a part of the revolution.
    Last edited by lisajames96; 09-17-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Hi I'm from Panama City, FL. I am a member of the Panama City Ron Paul Meetup group and are group is very active in the community. We hold signs once a week and also we pass out information to the community whenever there is a large gathering of people. I enjoy being an activist for Paul and I have learned a lot new things from various people and also had a lot of fun too.

foot soldier

hello all! i'm 'hornet'! (as in mad as!) i'm in orange park florida and i am determined to see dr. paul elected. i have donated to the campaign and plan to continue to do so. i'll meet you in d.c. at the inaugauration!

Fellow patriots, I have been an avid Ron Paul fan for years. I first learned of him through The Conservative Index. The 100% rating caught my eye, and I became an instant supporter. When Rep. Paul launched his exploratory committee for the Presidency, I was elated. He is the only one capable of getting this country pointed in the right direction. We need our Constitution back!

My name is Glenn - I'm not exactly new but I'm new to Dr. Paul. I am a Christian, used to be a neo-con, and am now firmly within Dr. Paul's grip.

I'm from NJ and hoping NJ will love Dr. Paul as much as my family does!

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Shoutout from NY

Hey there,

I've posted a few times...mostly lurk, y'all are a wealth of info. Mostly every piece of info I have comes from here.

I'm Kristine, 35, upstate NY, married and have 2 boys 13 and 7. Hubby is a co-organizer of a meetup, and I've made sure our efforts have involved our whole family. I made the older one go to a rally with us today and he marched and held a sign up.

I've watched enthusiastic people online and offline work very hard and they've inspired me to work. Before this, I was a pretty shy person and hibernated in my house.

I am 27 years old, I have been a single mother for 8 years and a college student for six. I never considered myself libertarian (mainly because I didn't understand what it meant), but have always considered myself liberal. I never thought that I would be so passionate about supporting a candidate, let alone a Republican! I love his message: peace, honesty, and TRUST in the American people. This is still our country and we can take it back with Dr. Paul's leadership! Long live the Constitution of the United States of America!

Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast