Thread: Perry: Send U.S. troops to Mexico to fight drug wars

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ... And the worst idea in the world goes to Rick Perry.

Yeah, let's send the troops to fight a futile war where the enemy are obsessed with capturing, torturing and killing our troops while filming it. Wait, that sounds familiar. Only difference is the cartels have modern weapons.

Just legalize it already. All of it. This is just ridiculous.

Perry's worse than Obama, just confirmed.

another evangelical Christian who is hungry for more war. what is going on?

Wow, Perry trolling on the American people!

...if only that were true.

Can that dumbass get any dumber?
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

Well most Mexicans are brown...I guess they kind of look like Arabs from a distance...

So... let me get this straight. He wants to send my brothers and sisters in arms into Mexico to fight the "drug war" which is funded and equipped by rogue factions (documented cases of government involvement)... talk about breathing in your own fart. Why not put the military on the border and end the futile war on drugs? The Department of Defense is supposed to be about defense... it's reverted back to the war department....
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ONUV View Post
    another evangelical Christian who is hungry for more war. what is going on?
    That's pretty standard for the evangelical movement. The minority of evangelicals line up with Ron's ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    ... And the worst idea in the world goes to Rick Perry.

Yeah, let's send the troops to fight a futile war where the enemy are obsessed with capturing, torturing and killing our troops while filming it. Wait, that sounds familiar. Only difference is the cartels have modern weapons.

Just legalize it already. All of it. This is just ridiculous.
    Winner winner chicken dinner!
    I am the spoon.

Just annex Mexico already and start a proper empire.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

If this gets wide public exposure, we should be able to strike through Perry's name on this board soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kejonn View Post
    If this gets wide public exposure, we should be able to strike through Perry's name on this board soon.
    He's trying to look tough on the border, and on drugs. Both will be a plus with most Republican voters. This wont redeem him for his comments on in-state tuition though. That sunk him.

Governor perry certainly has a bad idea.

He's a Texan he should know his history, when the predominately white Texan community who governed Texas in 1836 just after the independence war with Mexico, lost many Texans. Nearly give a few hundred more a 1,000, quite a lot. He shouldn't be so gung ho about war, it's far too painful and disgusting.

Perry reminds me a little of the former president Lamar, who wasn't necessarily hell bent on war with the American natives, but I believe went a little too far. Not a enough patience for peace. Even though he and many Texans didn't like them at the time, except for the then former president Sam Houston who had grown up with Natives when he was much younger. A man ahead of his time.

Texas state tried to avoid war, but the Mexicans did everything that would make a group of people eventually rebel against their umbrella government so far away that had instabilities.

The last time the Mexicans would invade Texas state would be in 1842, with a Texas Army invasion very very briefly. But the problems in Mexico still continued, so a full invasion never could happen.

In the end, Texas state would eventually be dissolved with the last president, Anson Jones having very little power over the office of president. When Texas came into the American Union.

Perry is dissapointing, especially his behavior towards Paul last month.

Well this is pretty much the most terrifying statement of campaign season so far. Gonna be hard to top this one.

Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doesn't he really mean "send more troops"? I mean, let's be honest here. We've been using our troops to help fight this 'drug war' for years.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

But they haven't crossed the border in what a century or the last war with more than century back in the mid 1840's.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    But they haven't crossed the border in what a century or the last war with more than century back in the mid 1840's.
    1914 was the last time you bastards invaded us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...on_of_Veracruz

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Well this is pretty much the most terrifying statement of campaign season so far. Gonna be hard to top this one.
    +1

but i'm sure somebody will find a way to top it.

I'm not American, but that was the American government dealing with a historically unstable Mexican state.

The Texans left for a reason, as for America's actions well they were rather imperialistic.

Rick Perry also says in his book, trying to sound like Ron Paul, that marijuana should be left for the states to decide.

This is a huge contradiction, and he ought to be asked about it everywhere he goes.