Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chipin: Get Black This Out on National Radio

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    awesome idea, definitely support this chip-in.

To the OP: You should post this on the FB wall for the event.
    I posted it to the event page wall earlier, so that one should be covered.
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm promoting this all over the Ron Paul pages on facebook. Likes are pouring in :P I still only see $40 on the chip in link, but happy to hear we are really over $150. What is the direct link to the chip in so i can make sure i have the right one?

Quote Originally Posted by neverseen View Post
    I'm promoting this all over the Ron Paul pages on facebook. Likes are pouring in :P I still only see $40 on the chip in link, but happy to hear we are really over $150. What is the direct link to the chip in so i can make sure i have the right one?
    http://btoftl.chipin.com/ftl-live-reads

It's in the OP too
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

Any more thoughts going towards tracking effectiveness by directing them to another link? If we invest $750 it would be nice to see if this is method really works and increases traffic to the website. This could help us in future money bombs...
    It's a difficult trade-off. Memorability is so crucial for this to be effective. We could use blackthisout.com and we would get a rough estimate on effectiveness, simply by the increase in traffic/pledges happening. We are pretty steady in regards to those two demographics, so it would be really clear with the spikes it should generate.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickOdell View Post
    And if you have Firefox, you can click the Subscribe via RSS link to see a more up-to-date list of donations.

Anyway to get this on the front of daily paul also? We need to max it out ASAP to get the most bang for our buck...

This is a great idea -- we should go for the $750 option. I just chipped in $50. Someone match me.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    This is a great idea -- we should go for the $750 option. I just chipped in $50. Someone match me.
    Great!

I'll match you with a big +rep. All I can do right now.

Ron Paul 2012!

Yeah, let's hold out for the $750 -- I'm sure we can raise it. $50 a pop isn't nearly as good a deal. Can you increase the limit on the chipin? Also, we need to work on a script.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

//
    Last edited by chri5opher; 05-11-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Yeah, we definitely need to start collaborating on a script ASAP.

How long are the time slots?
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.dailypaul.com/181179/chip...tised-on-radio

I posted on dailypaul at the above link to help spread this around.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    Yeah, we definitely need to start collaborating on a script ASAP.
    Anyone want to set up a google doc? It allows real time collaboration so that we could correct each other as we go and chat in the side. Frankly, i'm surprised that we haven't tried to use this tool for grassroots before.

First we need to know how long the time slot is. If it's thirty seconds, we can work on getting the time just right.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesButabi View Post
    In addition to donations, I would like to hear peoples opinions on the script. It would be roughly 15 seconds but doesn't have to be exact.
    looks like 2 quick 15 second reads.

looks like 2 quick 15 second reads.
    Yeah^, that's about the time they spend on reads as they come back/reintroduce from a break.

What about also running some on Coast to Coast AM?

Q: Where can I find information about advertising on the Coast to Coast AM website or radio show?

A: For details about online advertising opportunities on CoasttoCoastAM.com, please write to Craig Hawkesworth: chawkesworth@premiereradio.com. For advertising on the radio show, Coast to Coast AM, contact Stephanie Smith: ssmith2@clearchannel.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    What about also running some on Coast to Coast AM?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Would it make sense to say something with out pauls name in it to attract more than already supports in at least 1 of the reads?
    "Do you want to be a part of history? Visit blackthisout.com and pledge your support to bring our troops home! www.blackthisout.com"

The other read:
    "On Nov 5th 2007 americans like yourself set the single day donation record. On oct 19th you have a chance to again make history. Visit www.blackthisout.com to be apart of history"

Or
    "Grassroots america is looking for your support! visit www.blackthisout.com to support ron paul in his 2012 election bid"

Or
    "Have you heard that Ron Paul is now a top tier candidate? No, you haven't because the mainstream media is blacking him out! Visit www.blackthisout.com to create a ripple in politics so big, no media outlet can ignore it."

Visit www.blackthisout.com to pledge support in removing obama from office! www.blackthisout.com www.blackthisout.com www.blackthisout.com
    Last edited by neverseen; 10-02-2011 at 08:59 PM.

15 seconds is not that short of a time for an ad readout. We need to make sure everyone understands what this is and why this is called "black this out".

"Help spread Ron Paul's message of liberty and small government to the media that is blacking him out! Visit blackthisout.com to pledge a donation to Ron Paul for President. That's blackthisout.com."

Would it make sense to say something with out pauls name in it to attract more than already supports in at least 1 of the reads?
    "Do you want to be a part of history? Visit blackthisout.com and pledge your support to bring our troops home! www.blackthisout.com"

The other read:
    "On Nov 5th 2007 americans like yourself set the single day donation record. On oct 19th you have a chance to again make history. Visit www.blackthisout.com to be apart of history"

Or
    "Grassroots america is looking for your support! visit www.blackthisout.com to support ron paul in his 2012 election bid"

Or
    "Have you heard that Ron Paul is now a top tier candidate? No, you haven't because the mainstream media is blacking him out! Visit www.blackthisout.com to create a ripple in politics so big, no media outlet can ignore it."

Visit www.blackthisout.com to pledge support in removing obama from office! www.blackthisout.com www.blackthisout.com www.blackthisout.com
    Those are 5 second ads, we need a little more to get our money's worth.

don't see any other ideas yet spit some out!

how many lines would one expect to say in 15 seconds?

Edit: google turned this up for me:
    http://www.frugalmarketing.com/dtb/radiospots.shtml
    Last edited by neverseen; 10-02-2011 at 09:16 PM.

"By now, it's obvious that Ron Paul has been denied mainstream media mentions despite his 3rd place command in most early presidential polls. They (the mainstream media) are afraid of the true liberty message getting out to common folks, even in print and on tv since they benefit from the status quo. All true patriots should mark their calendars for the Ron Paul moneybomb on 10-19-11 to donate what they can spare to a major dollar-drop into a presidential campaign that will remove big money interests from our lives and reduce American debt, consequentially."

'Whatever website' and/or donate to the RP site..

Say u?

"On October 19th, let the establishment know that we the people, NOT the media, will decide the future of this country. Head on over to blackthisout.com to be a part of the largest grassroots donation effort in history. This is the first step in getting the government out of your life and out of this economy. Again, visit blackthisout.com today to let the media know that you won't stand by and let your freedom be blacked out."

Something like this pulls at important issues (economy, personal liberty) which would generate interest among the average conservative, which we need to make this money bomb huge.

We could run another variation of this with Ron Paul's name included to tap into supporters who may not be aware, but I'm not sure how many RP supporters would honestly learn about the moneybomb on the radio before the web.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    "On October 19th, let the establishment know that we the people, NOT the media, will decide the future of this country. Head on over to blackthisout.com to be a part of the largest grassroots donation effort in history. This is the first step in getting the government out of your life and out of this economy. Again, visit blackthisout.com today to let the media know that you won't stand by and let your freedom be blacked out."
    I like this one! For a 2nd one I'd like to see a ron paul based one drawing on how he's been blacked out. then have 1 of each play for the 2 weeks.

The time is now to stand up for freedom. The media won't help us. The establishment won't help us. They wish to black us out. Well, let them Black THIS Out. Tens of thousands of Americans are going to donate to Ron Paul on October 19th. Visit BlackThisOut.com and pledge a donation to Ron Paul's campaign. BlackThisOut.com for liberty. For Freedom.
    Last edited by dusman; 10-02-2011 at 09:39 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like this one! For a 2nd one I'd like to see a ron paul based one drawing on how he's been blacked out. then have 1 of each play for the 2 weeks.
    Yeah, been thinking it would be worth it to air two reads per day for the remainder time.

$20 from me.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 9K774211X1034725U

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast