Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chipin: Get Black This Out on National Radio

Free Talk Live is named that for a good reason. Its an open-lines phone where you can call in and discuss whatever you want during the whole show (though sometimes not during the first 1/2 hour to hour). Anyone who is really interested in promoted on Free Talk Live should absolutely call in and talk about it. If anyone tries this they should call into the show almost as soon as it starts because that will all but guarantee you get on the show.

If you call in and sound like an advertisement then you'll get almost no time on the show. When you get on the air I recommend starting off explaining a single detail about you like Ron Paul as a person and then a single detail about what you like about Ron Paul's policies. Then bring up the reason you called and mention the November 5, 2007 money bomb and mention how that will be comparable to the October 19 2011 money bomb this year.

I'd say someone could even call in every single day from now until the 19th (including Saturdays and Sundays) if they call in with one or two new pieces of Ron Paul information each time. Personally its not something that appeals to me, otherwise I'd do it. Though I'm pretty much a chicken, so that might be the real reason I don't call in.
    GOING ON NOW IN THE LIBERTY MOVEMENT - WWW.FREETALKLIVE.COM

JOIN OUR LAST BEST HOPE FOR LIBERTY - WWW.FREESTATEPROJECT.ORG

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by centure7 View Post
    Free Talk Live is named that for a good reason. Its an open-lines phone where you can call in and discuss whatever you want during the whole show (though sometimes not during the first 1/2 hour to hour). Anyone who is really interested in promoted on Free Talk Live should absolutely call in and talk about it. If anyone tries this they should call into the show almost as soon as it starts because that will all but guarantee you get on the show.

If you call in and sound like an advertisement then you'll get almost no time on the show. When you get on the air I recommend starting off explaining a single detail about you like Ron Paul as a person and then a single detail about what you like about Ron Paul's policies. Then bring up the reason you called and mention the November 5, 2007 money bomb and mention how that will be comparable to the October 19 2011 money bomb this year.

I'd say someone could even call in every single day from now until the 19th (including Saturdays and Sundays) if they call in with one or two new pieces of Ron Paul information each time. Personally its not something that appeals to me, otherwise I'd do it. Though I'm pretty much a chicken, so that might be the real reason I don't call in.
    Chicken
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here 15 bucks let get the message out to the grannies without rpf accounts!

Wow! This is awesome!
    KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

$25 has been sent. Im adding in $20.00 We are almost to our first full spot!

TY cucu and xtreat +rep
    Last edited by JamesButabi; 10-02-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Bump!
    KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

$15 sent!

How much time will you be given for an ad read? And we need to make sure the ad is carefully worded, even for people who don't know about Ron Paul or the term "moneybomb", or why we're doing this.

A fun rule-of-thumb in advertising is that you write an ad assuming 80% of people have an IQ under 80 (it's called the 80/80 rule )

Quote Originally Posted by ventron View Post
    $15 sent!

How much time will you be given for an ad read? And we need to make sure the ad is carefully worded, even for people who don't know about Ron Paul or the term "moneybomb", or why we're doing this.

A fun rule-of-thumb in advertising is that you write an ad assuming 80% of people have an IQ under 80 (it's called the 80/80 rule )

Received.... Thanks and +rep. The main host will read a provided statement of roughly 15 seconds. Let me know your suggestion for the read.

Thanks timothy!

You contributed $10.00 to FTL Live Reads

That's your first $50!

Quote Originally Posted by neverseen View Post
    Thanks timothy!

You contributed $10.00 to FTL Live Reads

That's your first $50!

There's 1 read! Im pretty sure this will pay dividends. The audience is perfect for this cause. Every read should provide a handful of donors.

Chip In: http://btoftl.chipin.com/ftl-live-reads

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Possible idea for a script.

"Are you ready to get the government out of your life and out of this economy? On October 19th, supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul will be making it known that we the people, NOT the mainstream media, will decide the future of this country. To make your voice heard, visit blackthisout.com and be part of the largest grassroots donation effort in history. Under President Ron Paul, prosperity will return to America and our individual liberties will be restored once again. Visit blackthisout.com to pledge your October 19th donation, and tell the media that your freedom will NOT be blacked out."

I really think we need to capture the average conservative's attention here. We also need to make sure we repeat the URL at least twice.

Thumbs up

i really, really like it!
    i just pitched in $18 bucks... will donate more if needed.

I was thinking of targeting actual Ron Paul supporters who would otherwise just not know about this moneybomb. Regroup the people from 2007 and get newcomers as well.

In 2007 thousands of people brought the message of Liberty and Freedom to the mainstream by donating to a massive Ron Paul moneybomb. On October 19th over ten thousand people have pledged to unite for an epic fundraising event. They are requesting liberty lovers everywhere join them at BlackThisOut.com to help deliver a blow to mainstream media and the establishment machine. Pledge today and join the fight for freedom at BlackThisOut.com
    Last edited by JamesButabi; 10-02-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Bump.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Mystery donor puts us up to $118 I will put in for two ads minimum

nice when do you think youll be running the first ad?

bump
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

OK so I got some VERY good news. Just got off the phone with the main host. Here's two options which would give us a much better investment than just the initial 2 reads if we can raise the money. We can start as soon as I give him the cash!

$500 - Live read every night leading up to October 19th. Also will ad a banner onto the main site.
    $750 - 2 Live reads every night and banner.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesButabi View Post
    OK so I got some VERY good news. Just got off the phone with the main host. Here's two options which would give us a much better investment than just the initial 2 reads if we can raise the money. We can start as soon as I give him the cash!

$500 - Live read every night leading up to October 19th. Also will ad a banner onto the main site.
    Even better since drilling the topic into peoples' heads will get more mileage than just a few mentions over a two week period. Not to mention, live reads will spur further discussion of RP on the show, not that they don't already talk about him multiple times per week. Also, Ian (in jail temporarily) and Mark (and a few other alternate hosts) are donors to the campaign as it is.

Up to $130.00. $370 more gets us a daily read! This will pay off tenfold!

Wow. That is a really good deal. Both are. I say we go for the $750 one I think it would be worth it. I hope everyone that can contribute, does! This should be put on the home page so everyone know about it. The banner on the main site would be great!
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

Sooner the better folks. If we get most of this filled before tomorrow I will front the cost to get it started.

Sooner the better folks. If we get most of this filled before tomorrow I will front the cost to get it started.
    I PM-ed Josh and asked him to put it on the front page. I'm sure people will chip-in, we just need people to see this

Ron Paul 2012!

Here's $25.00 more...

10/3/2011
    Receipt ID 53b974ef2axxxx
    Paid By: rprprs
    For: FTL Live Reads
    Method: PayPal
    Total: $25.00

EDIT: I have no idea why the date shows as 10/3/2011 since it's only the 2nd of Oct.
    Last edited by rprprs; 10-02-2011 at 07:10 PM.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Bumpity Bump.

it still shows $40... how often does it update?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

As the show airs at 7pm, if we can get this thing running tomorrow we get 17 reads for the price of 10 (presuming it's the $500 deal). If we can do the $750 deal, we get 34 reads for the price of 15..

Keep in mind, the show runs 7 days a week. (for all the non-listeners out there)
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 10-02-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Any more thoughts going towards tracking effectiveness by directing them to another link? If we invest $750 it would be nice to see if this is method really works and increases traffic to the website. This could help us in future money bombs...

awesome idea, definitely support this chip-in.

To the OP: You should post this on the FB wall for the event.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast