Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 192

Thread: Chipin: Get Black This Out on National Radio

  1. #1

    Default Chipin: Get Black This Out on National Radio

    I contacted Free Talk Live as I have sponsored their show previously and asked about doing some live reads to promote the Black This Out moneybomb. I have been informed we can get live reads for $50 each.

    I think this would pay some dividends as this show is Liberty based, nationally syndicated, and has tons of Ron Paul fans as listeners who are not web hounds. Free Talk Live is syndicated on over 100 stations on Saturdays, and is now on XM nightly.


    Starting this thread to gauge interest. At the very minimum I think we should take advantage of the two Saturdays we have left before the moneybomb if not more nights.



    Created a chip-in: http://btoftl.chipin.com/ftl-live-reads

    All money will go towards this endeavor. If any additional money is left (due to weird amount allocations) it will be donated to the Black This Out moneybomb directly


    UPDATE 10/02
    OK so I got some VERY good news. Just got off the phone with the main host. Here's two options which would give us a much better investment than just the initial 2 reads if we can raise the money. We can start as soon as I give him the cash!

    $500 - Live read every night leading up to October 19th. Also will ad a banner onto the main site.
    $750 - 2 Live reads every night and banner.
    Last edited by JamesButabi; 10-02-2011 at 06:08 PM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesButabi View Post
    I contacted Free Talk Live as I have sponsored their show previously and asked about doing some live reads to promote the Black This Out moneybomb. I have been informed we can get live reads for $50 each.

    I think this would pay some dividends as this show is Liberty based, nationally syndicated, and has tons of Ron Paul fans as listeners who are not web hounds. Free Talk Live is syndicated on over 100 stations on Saturdays, and is now on XM nightly.


    Starting this thread to gauge interest. At the very minimum I think we should take advantage of the two Saturdays we have left before the moneybomb if not more nights.
    I mean I don't have a lot, but I'm willing to put $5 down for this

  4. #3

    Default

    If you start a chipin, I will contribute.

    Any idea on the number of listeners they get?

  5. #4
    Mr. Republitarian FSP-Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A^2
    Posts
    10,366
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I agree that we should definitely do 2 Saturdays for sure. However, do they honestly charge $50 for live reads during the week despite the weaker audience? I'm already a platinum amplifier to the show but I'd be willing to throw down for this if your handling the logistics. Also, what segment are you thinking of booking? I'm thinking the start of the 3rd, 5th or 7th since most are listening during the time slot between 7:30p-8:30+. Keep in mind that some of those Sat stations preempt with sports sometimes, baseball and college football.

  6. #5
    Mr. Republitarian FSP-Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A^2
    Posts
    10,366
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    If you start a chipin, I will contribute.

    Any idea on the number of listeners they get?
    Likely, a couple hundred thousand to a half mill on Sats. Plus around 5k+ in podcast downloads.

  7. #6

    Default

    yes, yes, and YES!

    one thing though, we need to direct them a special URL so we can actually track the effectiveness of the ad buy. rather than having the call to action be "visit www.blackthisout.com" it would be something like "visit www.heymediablackthisout.com" this would redirect to the main landing page but it would allow us to track the amount of people typing in this unique URL.

    Dusman, what say you ?

  8. #7

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    Any idea on the number of listeners they get?
    Easily 6 figures on Saturdays if not a million. The XM stations have cranked up their weekday listenership. Loyal podcast listeners in the thousands.
    Stations are viewable here http://www.freetalklive.com/affiliates



    Created a chip-in: http://btoftl.chipin.com/ftl-live-reads

    All money will go towards this endeavor. If any additional money is left (due to weird amount allocations) it will be donated to the Black This Out moneybomb directly

  10. #9

    Default

    Id help chip in if enough people want to do it

  11. #10

    Default

    Radio advertising is a fantastic idea. I would chip in for this.

    Has anyone thought about recording an actual ad and running it on the radio? This might cost more but we could put together a really captivating 30 second ad and control the message.

  12. #11

    Default

    Let's do this. I will definitely chip in.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    Radio advertising is a fantastic idea. I would chip in for this.

    Has anyone thought about recording an actual ad and running it on the radio? This might cost more but we could put together a really captivating 30 second ad and control the message.
    The only reason I say no in this instance is because of the huge podcast audience they command. We would be missing out on thousands of people if we did an ad rather than a live read by the host. We can still control the wording and such, but we need to get moving now! I will contribute $20.00

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    yes, yes, and YES!

    one thing though, we need to direct them a special URL so we can actually track the effectiveness of the ad buy. rather than having the call to action be "visit www.blackthisout.com" it would be something like "visit www.heymediablackthisout.com" this would redirect to the main landing page but it would allow us to track the amount of people typing in this unique URL.

    Dusman, what say you ?
    This is a good idea. I think it needs to be as short as possible for radio though.

    blackoutthis.com is available

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesButabi View Post
    The only reason I say no in this instance is because of the huge podcast audience they command. We would be missing out on thousands of people if we did an ad rather than a live read by the host. We can still control the wording and such, but we need to get moving now! I will contribute $20.00
    Ah, I see. Live reading it is.

  16. #15

    Default

    blackthisout.us

  17. #16

    Default

    Headed out for a few hours. Chipin is live. I will let dusman choose the method of tracking since he already has analytix installed on the site. Donate if you think its worth doing!

  18. #17

    Default

    Whoever started this, PM me.

    I'm willing to donate substantially to this.

  19. #18

  20. #19
    Member dusman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,024
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    yes, yes, and YES!

    one thing though, we need to direct them a special URL so we can actually track the effectiveness of the ad buy. rather than having the call to action be "visit www.blackthisout.com" it would be something like "visit www.heymediablackthisout.com" this would redirect to the main landing page but it would allow us to track the amount of people typing in this unique URL.

    Dusman, what say you ?
    110% absolutely, positively yes to radio runs. It is so crucial to expand our moneybomb promotion offline as much as possible. I'm very impressed OP. $50 for a potential audience of anything millions is something I've never heard of and I've been doing marketing professionally for quite some time now.

    As for unique URLs, Trey... when we do this kind of advertising.. I would recommend keeping it as simple as possible. BlackThisOut.com has a natural ring to it and can't really be confused with anything else. Even if 1% act upon the run... that's potentially 60k visits (If 6 million is accurate). Honestly, at this price... just 1-5 pledges from it justifies the cost. Usually tracking is used merely for cost-benefit analysis. At $50, I can't see much need for a cost-benefit analysis, as it's inherent in the reach it provides.

    How about this. What if we just pushed a goal to raise $2,500 in chipins for this moneybomb... just for advertising purposes? We are a smart bunch. I can't help but think that we could do some very simple things with that amount of cash on hand to really boost the promotional aspects of this effort.

    We could then fund efforts, such as these, that target our demographic. $2,500 doesn't seem like much, but considering this is a one time deal.. only spanning this month.. $2,500 buys a lot of reach if we put it at the right things.

    Just my thoughts.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

    "I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

  21. #20

    Default

    Dusman, It is $50 per live read so it would be contigent on the support we got for the idea. We have the potential to do 1 per night from here on out. Id like to get this started asap.


    In addition to donations, I would like to hear peoples opinions on the script. It would be roughly 15 seconds but doesn't have to be exact.
    Last edited by JamesButabi; 10-01-2011 at 09:25 PM.

  22. #21
    Member Cleaner44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Citizen of Arizona
    Posts
    5,989
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Radio advertising only works with mass repetition to the same ears. Humans must hear the message 3 times before it clicks in their brain. This means the spots must be condensed. If you do it to thinly it will be a waste of money.
    U.S. Air Force Veteran
    @cleaner4d4

    I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

  23. #22
    Member John F Kennedy III's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR (FEMA Region X)
    Posts
    11,341

    Default

    We need to get Alex Jones to plug BTO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    There would be riots in the streets, if boobus gave one shit about his honor.
    UN Agenda 21 Explained

    The Single Most Important Documentary I've Ever Found

    Robert Downey Jr will learn you how to pimp. If you ever need to know.

    How the GOP stole the nomination

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Radio advertising only works with mass repetition to the same ears. Humans must hear the message 3 times before it clicks in their brain. This means the spots must be condensed. If you do it to thinly it will be a waste of money.
    this this THIS. we need to get started ASAP!

    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    We need to get Alex Jones to plug BTO.
    this.

  25. #24

    Default

    If we had $2,500, starting tomorrow we could air the ad 50 times, including the 19th. We could air the ad almost 3 times a day if we wanted to. On the 19th, the ad could also be altered to advertise the money bomb day and tell people to go donate right now.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-01-2011 at 09:53 PM.

  26. #25

    Default

    I don't have much, but I have $10, let us begin!

  27. #26
    Member dusman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,024
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Radio advertising only works with mass repetition to the same ears. Humans must hear the message 3 times before it clicks in their brain. This means the spots must be condensed. If you do it to thinly it will be a waste of money.
    I agree.. completely correct.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

    "I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

  28. #27

  29. #28
    Member dusman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,024
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Where is the chipin page? Could I get a link?
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

    "I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

  30. #29

    Default

    front page. I'll donate $10 tomorrow, we need something good for the radio, has to stick!

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dusman View Post
    Where is the chipin page? Could I get a link?
    http://btoftl.chipin.com/ftl-live-reads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •