Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: David Hanson rebuts Herman Cain: Try the 0-0-0 Plan

  1. #1

    Default David Hanson rebuts Herman Cain: Try the 0-0-0 Plan

    In his return to WorldNetDaily.com commentary, David Hanson rebuts Herman Cain's 9-9-9 scheme with a plan of his own: 0-0-0.
    No income tax, no sales tax, no corporate tax.

    To eliminate the shortfall, Hanson suggests dramatic spending cuts and a federal tax on all state budgets.

    Read the article here:
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=350621

    Be sure to share the 0-0-0 plan with any media and social networks with which you are involved.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Member Voluntary Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    everywhere & nowhere, but always here: Union of Soviet America
    Posts
    1,519
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    actually, the only one of those taxes i can't find a major flaw with is the corporate taxes; after all, corporations do apply for and receive special privileges and protections from the government. but, corporate taxes should probably be paid to the government issuing the protections (usually a state).

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntary Man View Post
    actually, the only one of those taxes i can't find a major flaw with is the corporate taxes; after all, corporations do apply for and receive special privileges and protections from the government. but, corporate taxes should probably be paid to the government issuing the protections (usually a state).
    Ron actually advocated raising corporate taxes during his 1996 re-entry to Congress, and I suspect this was his very reasoning. Wish I could find the issues questionnaire that contains that.

  5. #4

    Default

    Corporations that lobby and receive subsidies and regulations should be exempt from any tax cut.

  6. #5
    Member Sentient Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    The idea of 'corporate taxes' is a farce. Corporations don't pay taxes. *WE* pay corporate taxes through higher prices hidden in the good or service's cost.

    It's like property taxes. Do property owners pay the property tax? Or do renters through a higher rent? Property taxes ultimately hurt those with the least assets, money and income the most. Same as Corporate taxes.

    I'm intrigued by this proposed tax on State budgets. I don't know exactly how I feel about it or what it's implications are. Not saying I agree with it, just that it's intriguing.
    Last edited by Sentient Void; 10-01-2011 at 04:47 PM.
    "If men are good, then they need no rulers. If men are bad, then governments of men, composed of men, will also be bad - and probably worse, due to the State's amplification of coercive power." - Ozarkia

    "Big Brother is watching. So are we." - WikiLeaks

    Laissez-nous faire, laissez-nous passer. Le monde va de lui meme.

  7. #6

    Default

    This/\

    He said it all.

    Yet state taxes will simply be a tax on the people paying state taxes. Just like those who pay corporate taxes through higher prices. I say end the federal government all together.
    Last edited by Carehn; 10-01-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

  8. #7

    Default

    Corporations always pass the buck on consumers.

  9. #8

    Default

    The two ways corporations pay taxes:

    Raising prices (so in the end we, the consumers, pay)

    Cutting costs (lowering wages, so in the end we, the workers, pay)

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Ron actually advocated raising corporate taxes during his 1996 re-entry to Congress, and I suspect this was his very reasoning. Wish I could find the issues questionnaire that contains that.
    I don't think that's true. Ron has never advocated any tax increase on any individual or business. I believe he wants the corporate tax rate to be 0% now. That's what the rate should be.

  11. #10

    Default

    Realistically, the federal government is never going to cut enough spending to make up for the revenue that would be lost by abolishing the income tax. That's simply a fact. The only viable alternative is to replace the income tax with a consumption tax, because at least with a consumption tax, people have more of a choice in how much in taxes they end up paying. If we actually returned to Constitutional government we wouldn't need either an income tax or a consumption tax, but realistically it's not likely that Congress will ever reduce the size of government in any significant way.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    The two ways corporations pay taxes:

    Raising prices (so in the end we, the consumers, pay)

    Cutting costs (lowering wages, so in the end we, the workers, pay)
    The tax burden on businesses equate to an additional 23% in the price of products and services you buy. The sad part for people who live in a state with a sales tax, you get hit with such tax on top of that artificially inflated price due to IRS tax policy. It's a classic example of how big government proponents distort and manipulate the market yet your average voter cannot grasp that simple economic law. The Left's demagoguing of such issue with class warfare probably answers that. But those cheering for "tax the rich" nonsense are the ones getting hurt in the end.

    Regulations costs businesses about $2 trillion a year. These costs get passed down in some form or fashion as well - higher prices of goods and services, suppressed wages, etc.

    There has also been documented studies where IRS tax policy causes home values to be 17% higher than real market values. So in essence, you end up paying too much for a house which results in higher property taxes and more interest payments to the banks. How is this good for the middle class?

    The income tax (IRS) needs to be abolished. It's 70,000 plus pages of discrimination that costs individuals and businesses $300 billion a year to comply with (more costs getting passed down to the consumer). GE's tax return is 24,000 pages if printed out!!! That's crazy. Plus it's immoral and inhumane to steal. It needs to be immediately replaced with a national sales tax to support the current functions and promises made until those entitlement reforms are passed. A federal retail sales tax doesn't discriminate and politicians cannot divide people into income groups for political power gains.
    Be responsible. Take care of yourself. Don't tread on other people. Slow down. Question everything. Start now.

    We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

  13. #12
    Member Voluntary Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    everywhere & nowhere, but always here: Union of Soviet America
    Posts
    1,519
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    individual income tax? NO!

    property tax? NO!

    sales tax? NO!

    inheritance tax? NO!

    capital gains tax? NO!

    corporate tax? Maybe.

    Right or wrong, corporations apply for and receive specific privileges and protections from the state that actual flesh and blood private persons do not receive. Corporation pay fees (sometimes minimal, depending on the state) for these privileges and protections. is anyone arguing that corporations should receive their state-sponsored privileges and protections free of charge? in fact, all corporations pay about the same fees, regardless of the number of privileges and degree of protection they receive from the state. and, if I'm not mistaken, the highest earning corporations are generally those receiving the most privileges and protections from the state (subsidies, state contracts, special legislation and exemptions). so, if any tax is justified, it's probably a 10% corporate income tax on profits. yes, corporations pass these taxes on to their consumers and employees, but no one is forced to incorporate, or to shop at xyz corporation, or to work for xyz corporation. the benefit of a corporate tax over a consumption tax is that i don't have to eat at McDonald's, but i do have to eat. too many people have knee-jerk reactions to this, because they think it's "anti-business"; people who believe this are confusing business with corporatism. business existed long before corporations. business is free enterprise. corporatism is just a little fascist, if you ask me.

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I don't think that's true. Ron has never advocated any tax increase on any individual or business. I believe he wants the corporate tax rate to be 0% now. That's what the rate should be.
    He did, and when I find the questionnaire I'll post the link. Based on his answers from everything else in the questionnaire, his reasoning seems to be essentially what Voluntary Man laid out in his post.

    Requiring corporations that benefit from special privileges and protections from government to pay for it is voluntarism to a T. I'm fine with both zero tax (in an ideal environment) and taxes on corporations (in our current environment, in which corporations get special privileges and protections that we don't get).
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 10-02-2011 at 12:37 AM.

  15. #14

    Default

    Corporations that reject subsidies shouldn't have to pay, but those that do should.

  16. #15

  17. #16

    Default

    nein! nein! nein! would be better

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Realistically, the federal government is never going to cut enough spending to make up for the revenue that would be lost by abolishing the income tax. That's simply a fact. The only viable alternative is to replace the income tax with a consumption tax, because at least with a consumption tax, people have more of a choice in how much in taxes they end up paying. If we actually returned to Constitutional government we wouldn't need either an income tax or a consumption tax, but realistically it's not likely that Congress will ever reduce the size of government in any significant way.
    This is much more rational and fair than an income tax, but if the insane spending and empire building doesn't stop, TPTB will find a way to abuse it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    The government is incapable of doing what it's supposed to do. A job like the provision of security is something best left to private institutions.
    My music/art page is here"government is the enemy of liberty"-RP
    That which doesn't kill me has made a grave tactical error
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This whole board is a thoughtcrime in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by danke View Post
    I carry my man purse for fashion, not function.

  19. #18

    Default

    Consumption taxes are dangerous with high inflation around the corner.

  20. #19
    Member Voluntary Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    everywhere & nowhere, but always here: Union of Soviet America
    Posts
    1,519
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artie Fufkin View Post
    nein! nein! nein! would be better
    we should start promoting this^

  21. #20

    Default

    nein... that's german for none, right? haha

  22. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Land of Indians
    Posts
    26,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentient Void View Post
    The idea of 'corporate taxes' is a farce. Corporations don't pay taxes. *WE* pay corporate taxes through higher prices hidden in the good or service's cost.

    It's like property taxes. Do property owners pay the property tax? Or do renters through a higher rent? Property taxes ultimately hurt those with the least assets, money and income the most. Same as Corporate taxes.

    I'm intrigued by this proposed tax on State budgets. I don't know exactly how I feel about it or what it's implications are. Not saying I agree with it, just that it's intriguing.
    That is correct , want to tax them 3 % more ? OK , prices just went up 3.5% .

  23. #22

    Default

    If they're gonna tax, who would you rather see taxed? States or corporations?

  24. #23

    Default

    What is Ron's plan?

    There has to be some revenue.

    I need to know as I am trying to convince somebody his plan is better than Cain's.






« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •