Thread: Effective Use of Twitter - aka - PLEASE USE YOUR ACCOUNT!

Effective Use of Twitter - aka - PLEASE USE YOUR ACCOUNT!

May I suggest tweeting about the EOQ push and other fundraising activity on the official twitter account, which has over 70,000 followers.
    If only 1% retweeted, (estimating an average of just 50 followers each) the message could go out to over 105,000 people.

1% of 70,000 = 700*50 = 35000
    70000+35000 = 105000

While this seems like a small and silly notion, it has potential to seriously impact the campaigns coffers.
    For instance if the above scenario occurred, and only 5% took the initiative to donate, even only an average of $20:
    5% of 105000 = 5250
    5250 * average of $20 = $105,000

If even only 1% donated:
    1% of 105000 = 1050 * average of $20 = $21,000
    2% (or average of $50) = $52,500
    etc

As you can see, in a case like the current EOQ push, something as simple as a single tweet could make a significant difference.
    Thank you for your consideration on the subject.

Sincerely,
    A supporter

edit:PS:
    Please note that the above numbers are based only on 2nd gen retweets. There is potential to reach millions with a single tweet.
    Last edited by Steve-in-NY; 09-30-2011 at 12:07 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm 100% with you on this one. Twitter could be used a lot more aggressively compared to passively posting a link a day. A great example of using Twitter for politics is President Obama. In fact, just look at his entire social media campaign and you'll see exactly what we're going to be facing this election.

All of social media has been widely underused so far in this campaign and I fear that the longer they are underused, the harder it will be to have the maximum effect with them. Facebook is another one that's used just minimally. LinkedIn and Google+ aren't used at all. And even YouTube could be better used. Wish they would start viewing social media as a tool for growing the campaign instead of a chore or task. Just my take.
    "Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

I agree. I really think that literally a single tweet for donations to the EOQ push could possibly result in a salary for a social media expert to manage all accounts and use them as effectively as possible - and have enough left over to run a radio ad.
    Having an audience, especially one of that volume - that actually took the time to actively follow you - and not utilizing them is killing me.

Im thinking about contacting the campaign about it. Its seriously one tweet, and I can even track the donation levels in the tweets timeframe and the re-tweets if they want.

Our twitter needs more people to help spread delegate awareness in the caucus states. Please tweet @RonPaulDelegate

They tweeted the EOQ push! whew!
    Hopefully this is the beginning of a trend.

For the record, here is a quick list of the retweets:

so yeah. It works.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    OK, I may just be an idiot when it comes to twitter, but I do have an account and have had one for some time (it is found in my signature). I continually retweet info, good articles, posts, etc. about Ron Paul, but I think last I checked, I only have 2 followers. Is it the number of followers that is important? If so, how do you do go about getting more? If it isn't the number of followers, am I still helping by just continually retweeting?

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    OK, I may just be an idiot when it comes to twitter, but I do have an account and have had one for some time (it is found in my signature). I continually retweet info, good articles, posts, etc. about Ron Paul, but I think last I checked, I only have 2 followers. Is it the number of followers that is important? If so, how do you do go about getting more? If it isn't the number of followers, am I still helping by just continually retweeting?
    Yes, followers matter very, very, much. Check this topic: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...itter-Strategy...
    Also, follow @rptweeps -- they're keeping track of everyone atm.