Thread: Great Idea for the campaign!

Great Idea for the campaign!

Rather than wasting money on mailouts to people in early primary states...how about asking the campaign to purchase copies of the For Liberty handout dvd & send those to people instead. It wouldnt cost much more & I've found that dvd to be a very helpful tool. Much moreso than a flyer in the mail that most people just throw away! Plus this helps put money in the pockets of our own people, who in turn could return some of the profits to the Rev Pac. Seems like a win/win to me!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Come on...someone has to feel me on this!

this is the best tool we have. everyone wants to talk about infomercials...that's a waste of money. spend that money on THIS...put it in people's hands. Hell, send out 1 million of these things to people across the nation...that'd be money well spent & it would generate more votes than any silly waste of money infomercial would.

this DVD is a better marketing tool than anything else...better than billboards, stickers, cards....nothing compares to this dvd.

The campaign NEEDS to run with this!

I like this idea.

Everyone that has seen For Liberty, even neocons, have ended up as almost instant Ron Paul supporter by the end of the video. It's just a matter of getting them to sit through it, though I think the DVD may be a bit shorter, from what I've read.

I would love for the campaign to send out millions of those DVDs to people.

I second that.

I never liked those FORM LETTERS anyway -- they SUCK! It's like getting a letter from a used car salesman, and I just don't understand why the campaign uses such terrible form letters.

Send the DVD - great idea! Let the images and the words speak for Ron! The success of this campaign could be unbelievable if they dispensed with direct mailing crap in favor of the For Liberty DVD.

And I also have a suggestion for direct mailing: set up a "Mail from Home" program, like "Phone from Home" program, and let the grassroots write their own letters instead of the campaign doing this. It will be much more personalized, and the campaign could track this addresses have been mailed to and which haven't by using the same type of database system as Phone from Home. Just another suggestion.
    Last edited by D.A.S.; 09-29-2011 at 08:25 AM.

No. The campaign is working on a 30 minute ad that we should be able to get on a DVD format. As far as the letters go they need to be replaced with a card that stands out. If we want to help we to be emailing and calling to ask to work for free for the campaign.
    Last edited by sabu140; 09-29-2011 at 09:22 AM.

just emailed the folks over at ronpaulfilm.com telling them we were pushing for this & asking if they could approach the campaign about making it happen. the dvds are only 80cents if you order 1,000....so if they ordered a million that'd have to push the cost down to about 50cents...if not less! that's a very cheap and proven effective marketing tool!!!

BUMP THIS!!!!!

just sent this email to the official campaign!

"I have posted on the RonPaulForums.com website & the DailyPaul.com website rallying the online community around this idea...and we feel it is an amazing way to help spread the word and ideas of Dr. Paul.

The folks at RonPaulFilm.com created an amazing documentary called "For Liberty". It is available to purchase in DVD form. Our idea is...rather than send mailers out to potential supporters, instead send these DVDs! I personally bought 50 copies & passed them out to people on the fence & all of them have been very responsive to the DVD & are now Ron Paul supporters and they continue to pass the DVD on to others. This is by far the best marketing tool we currently have raise awareness of Dr. Paul.

If 1 million of these dvds were purchased and mailed out to the early primary states I really do believe it would do much more for the campaign than any letter in the mail or tv commercial could ever do. So, for half the cost of a big TV ad campaign, we could put these great dvd's in the hands of millions of Americans.

If you have not seen the video it is also available for free on youtube at...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR4WYqabTxU

PLEASE, help make this happen. The grassroots will get behind this and help fund every penny it takes!

Thank You,
    Chris Cox"

Help let them know we are serious about this...flood the campaign with emails. this would be HUGE for us!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great idea! But why doesn't the grass roots get the mailing addresses and we put together some packets. That way it seems like it's from their neighbors.

Also, I wonder if everything in the DVD is endorsable by the official campaign? I remember one section talking about grass roots supporters not caring about signing laws...could be bait for the MSM.

@ the next debate: "Congressmen Paul, do you really endorse your supporters breaking the law? You endorsed it in an official DVD that you mailed out!"

I think we could be much more effect as a grassroots organization. Maybe do regional chip ins to cover the costs?

whatever it takes lonestar...we gotta get those things out there! or the SuperPac could fund this also!

sorry, but no. They need to send targetted mailings to voters. Through calls they can figure out peoples top issues and target accordingly. Sending them a dvd which more than likely they wont watch and doesn't even address that many of Ron's positions is a terrible idea IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sabu140 View Post
    No. The campaign is working on a 30 minute ad that we should be able to get on a DVD format. As far as the letters go they need to be replaced with a card that stands out. If we want to help we to be emailing and calling to ask to work for free for the campaign.
    ? they are?
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

that's not to say i think sending For Liberty dvd's is a bad idea. I like it, if the price is right, and if the super PAC takes the reigns and does it.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

just emailed the RevolutionPac to see if they would be interested also

Get these dvds on college campuses.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    sorry, but no. They need to send targeted mailings to voters. Through calls they can figure out peoples top issues and target accordingly. Sending them a dvd which more than likely they wont watch and doesn't even address that many of Ron's positions is a terrible idea IMO.
    Pretty much and not all seniors have dvd players. Some folks already have a grudge against Paul for whatever reason so they are unlikely to take the time to watch a dvd about him, which lasts like an hour. Far better for them to get a mailer which focuses on one of their key issues, despite it being sent by Paul since it's more likely they'd be willing to read something short about said issue which might warm them up a little better for us.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would like to see this video made available to us for less than 80 or even 50 cents. They should be 25 cents. I hope they aren't protected so that I might be able to make my own

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shays View Post
    I would like to see this video made available to us for less than 80 or even 50 cents. They should be 25 cents. I hope they aren't protected so that I might be able to make my own
    You can E-mail the creators and ask permission to reproduce. The full movie can be found on Youtube. You could rip it off there and just burn your own. Your cost would be about $.22 a pop!

what's the conversion rate for people who actually pop in a DVD, sit down for an hour, and watch it - versus reading a little bit of a letter? I'd say the letter is about 10x higher.. maybe more. Yes, the DVD is awesome, but we want more eyeballs.

PS - Herman Cain would love my post count lol
    Last edited by Esoteric; 09-29-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    what's the conversion rate for people who actually pop in a DVD, sit down for an hour, and watch it - versus reading a little bit of a letter? I'd say the letter is about 10x higher.. maybe more. Yes, the DVD is awesome, but we want more eyeballs.

PS - Herman Cain would love my post count lol
    It worked for me and my family. Plus it's original. How many letters and flyers are they going to get this election season? Tons! So they'll grow numb to that after awhile. I think if this comes from the grassroots, this could have a bigger impact/conversion rate.

I sat down to watch the full version of the movie with a couple friends (not the recut one, the 2 hour version), who were moaning and groaning about having to watch it. After 2 hours, they actually were really excited about Paul... and follow Paul closely now.

I ordered 50 of the re-cut copies, and tomorrow I'm mailing 25 copies to my Texan uncle along with a copy of "Liberty Defined" to spread around. I'm sending them out to relatives, and if they write me back and say they like the message, I'll buy more and send them to pass out. I have no problem paying for the DVDs if they are getting circulated.

Probably everyone on this forum has an aunt, or uncle, or cousins... extended relatives you haven't spoken with for a while. Send them a nice letter on what you are doing (I got US flag stationary for this purpose), how strongly you believe in Paul, and how you are doing what you think is best for the country. My uncle had heard of Paul, but when he heard how strongly I believed in Paul, and how hard I was working to get him elected... he became very excited himself. Now my mom and uncle talk on the phone about Ron Paul when they chat.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarLocke View Post
    It worked for me and my family. Plus it's original. How many letters and flyers are they going to get this election season? Tons! So they'll grow numb to that after awhile. I think if this comes from the grassroots, this could have a bigger impact/conversion rate.
    I agree. Most people throw flyers in the trash so they are a waste of money. Videos on the other hand, especially the ones that are very moving have a greater impact

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarLocke View Post
    It worked for me and my family.
    Anecdotal vs statistical.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    sorry, but no. They need to send targetted mailings to voters. Through calls they can figure out peoples top issues and target accordingly. Sending them a dvd which more than likely they wont watch and doesn't even address that many of Ron's positions is a terrible idea IMO.