Thread: Canadian Police Tase Youth Without Warning Who Was Allegedly Protecting Self

Canadian Police Tase Youth Without Warning Who Was Allegedly Protecting Self

I can't imagine why the gov't is fighting so vigilantly against recording police officers...

"quack points us to a story in which police in London Ontario came to break up a fight among some teens. Rather than say anything, asking the participants to stop, or even holding any of the participants, a cameraphone video from someone across the street shows the cop just walk into the area and immediately shoot his taser into one kid's face.

A report on the incident has the police saying that the officer acted appropriately. The mother of the kid who was tased argues otherwise. She says her son was the victim, was attacked by two other boys and was trying to defend himself when he got tased. Furthermore, the taser got stuck in his face and had to be removed by medical professionals.

..."

Full story with comments @ http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...-warning.shtml

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh the Canadian police are just as eager to pull a trigger! They are not as militaristic as US police but they are getting there. Far too many OPP (similar to state trooper) are soooooo eager to go to Afghanistan and train the puppet "police force" on urban military tactics. They are on wait lists! Cops are bored up there, hell they are more focused on finding the person who threw a banana on the ice while a black Philadelphia Flyers player skated by. The entire city is on the hunt.....
    I love my country, but I fear my government