Thread: Bachmann Warns of Hezbollah 'Missile Sites' in Cuba

Bachmann Warns of Hezbollah 'Missile Sites' in Cuba

Bachmann Warns of Hezbollah 'Missile Sites' in Cuba

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...ile-sites-cuba

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann said Monday that it would be "foolish" to normalize trade with Cuba because Hezbollah could soon have "missile sites" there.

"Why would you normalize trade with a country that sponsors terror?" the candidate asked a crowd of supporters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. "There is reports that have come out that Cuba has been working with another terrorist organization called Hezbollah. And Hezbollah is looking at wanting to be part of missile sites in Iran and, of course, when you are 90 miles offshore from Florida, you don't want to entertain the prospect of hosting bases or sites where Hezbollah could have training camps or perhaps have missile sites or weapons sites in Cuba. "

Bachmann was most likely basing her fear on an unsubstantiated report from the Italian publican Corriere della Sera, which was picked up by numerous conservative websites earlier this month (see here, here, here and here.)

Even if that report were true, it makes absolutely no mention of "missile sites."

Bachmann then pivoted to explain that Republicans didn't need to worry about picking the most electable nominee because the country had already decided not to re-elect President Barack Obama.

"I'm just here to tell you, Barack Obama will be a one-term president," she said. "The country has already made up it's decision. I am convinced of it. The issue is who will be our nominee? Will it be someone who understands these issues so they will go and fight for them or will we have a compromise candidate?"

"Because we have candidates that have said that when it comes to Obamacare that their plan is to issue an executive order or to issue a waiver. I'm here to tell you, I get this bill. I fought it. I am the chief author against it. I was called Barack Obama's chief critic. That's my badge of honor, to be his chief critic. Because I understand what some of the other candidates do not... We can't settle, and 2012 is it. We will have socialized medicine for ever and ever and ever in this country unless we get it out in 2012."
    Last edited by Agorism; 09-26-2011 at 08:19 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

So, does this mean she wouldn't normalize trade with the US government?
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Exactly what are they giving her for those migraines?

ETA: Sometimes I think that these people want us to be threatened/attacked and fantasize about it wayyyyy too much.
    Last edited by amy31416; 09-26-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

she has absolutely no credibility on cuba what so ever. The state department is wrong about cube being a state sponsor of terror. The women is clueless on foreign policy.

Is she even $#@!ing serious?

And she polls better vs Obama than Palin? America, you crazy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And they say we're the crazy ones...

How would Hezbollah's missiles get from Cuba to Tel Aviv? The don't have anything like that sort of range.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

If we don't invade another country here soon, how are we going to continue the war on terror?

You guys are too isolationist.

Let's see. So we normal relations with Pakistan and they support the Taliban off and on. And as someone pointed out the U.S. supports terrorism. There's been no evidence of Cuba supporting Islamic terrorists. But this is more of the right wing-nut "the communists are secretly supporting the Islamists...even though the U.S. used the Islamists to topple the communists" crap we've been hearing for years. And if Cuba wanted missiles why wouldn't they get them from North Korea instead of getting the Hezbollah bottle rockets? But that would actually be logical.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

This is why we need to disband the Standing Army. The temptation to use such power destroys liberty and it gives politicians such grandeous power to act like a King. Next we need to de-militarize the domestic occupation vis a vis LEO's. This is just insane.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    This is why we need to disband the Standing Army. The temptation to use such power destroys liberty and it gives politicians such grandeous power to act like a King. Next we need to de-militarize the domestic occupation vis a vis LEO's. This is just insane.
    +Rep for truth!

TMike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    So, does this mean she wouldn't normalize trade with the US government?
    + rep
    I am the spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.