Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RP to sell V.V.S. Tix!

Exclamation RP to sell V.V.S. Tix!

HERE IS WHERE TO BUY TICKETS:
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/rsvp-valu...washington-dc/

Critical Straw Poll!

There’s not much time, so I’m not going to beat around the bush.

Next Friday, October 7 and Saturday, October 8 is the Values Voters Summit and Straw Poll in Washington, D.C.

It is absolutely CRITICAL that I have a strong showing.

So will you agree to come out and vote for me at the Values Voters Straw Poll?

I hope I can count on you to be there.

The truth is, this race for the Presidency is wide open.

So the national media and many rank-and-file Republican voters are keeping a keen eye on what happens in these straw polls.

And there’s these folks view the Values Voters Straw Poll as one of the most important in the country.

After all, it’s no secret to anyone the impact that Christian voters can have on a Presidential race.

So a strong finish at the Values Voters Straw Poll could give my campaign an enormous boost!

The good news is, I’m polling third nationally and either second or third in most key early-state primary polls.

And a recent article The Hill magazine all but predicted me to become one of two top-tier Republicans to duke it out for the nomination for President and take on President Obama.

But there’s more work to be done. And I MUST be able to count on the support of good folks like you.

So won’t you come out to the Values Voter Summit Straw Poll?

I’ve just instructed my staff to purchase tickets and offer them to supporters like you for only $10.

You can reserve your tickets here.
    Voting begins Friday at noon and runs until 7 PM. It picks back up again at 7 AM on Saturday and runs to 1:00 PM afternoon.

I’ll be speaking to the crowd at 9:00 AM Saturday morning.

The event will be held at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. You can get directions by clicking here.

Of course, please remember, the attendees of the Voter Values Summit are looking for a principled candidate who can reach out to and win voters while representing our shared values.

That’s why I’m asking you to be please dress appropriately for the event and be respectful and civil to other attendees.

Understand that you will be viewed as a representative my campaign at this event.

But also remember that a strong showing at the Straw Poll will send a message to the country that I am the true constitutional conservative candidate!

So please join me in Washington, DC, for the Voter Values Summit.

I look forward to seeing you there!

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. The Values Voters Summit Straw Poll next week is absolutely critical. It begins Friday, October 7 and runs through Sunday, October 9.

Voting occurs Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

Can I please count on you to be there? Tickets are only $10. It’s absolutely critical we have a strong showing!

Paid for by Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
    www.ronpaul2012.com
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 09-28-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Would've helped to do this before all of us rushed to pay $100 or $50 before their "deadline" on September 20.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

was this a last minute purchase in light of orlando and mackinac to maximize the number of V V Summit goes who can vote?
    Last edited by Aratus; 09-26-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Contacting my family in DE. they may drive down if the tickets are affordable enough.

Oh, that's awesome, but really not because a handful of us already bought tickets at the full price...

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Would've helped to do this before all of us rushed to pay $100 or $50 before their "deadline" on September 20.
    Why? Paying your own way is equivalent to a donation to the campaign (even better, actually, because there are no transaction and bookkeeping costs). Why would you regret donating to the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    Why? Paying your own way is equivalent to a donation to the campaign (even better, actually, because there are no transaction and bookkeeping costs). Why would you regret donating to the campaign?
    Not when they already bought the tickets in bulk. They aren't buying them as people request them.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

It's actually not donating to the campaign.

It's donating $99 to the organizers of the Summit, and most of the values at this summit don't really line up with most of us. If the tickets go out at, say, $50 for a full ticket now, that means $49 of my money did not go to the campaign or RevPAC. Additionally, the campaign will have sprung for a ticket I will not buy. Hopefully someone buys it, but if they don't, that's more money wasted.

Oops.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Not when they already bought the tickets in bulk. They aren't buying them as people request them.
    The last I heard they were talking about a mixture of pre-purchased tickets for committed conference goers and tickets purchased on the day of the straw poll for Ron Paul supporters as they show up. You have saved the campaign a ticket purchase either way.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    It's actually not donating to the campaign.

It's donating $99 to the organizers of the Summit, and most of the values at this summit don't really line up with most of us. If the tickets go out at, say, $50 for a full ticket now, that means $49 of my money did not go to the campaign or RevPAC. Additionally, the campaign will have sprung for a ticket I will not buy. Hopefully someone buys it, but if they don't, that's more money wasted.

Oops.
    See my last post.

Your assumption that the campaign has gotten tickets at half-price is false.

See my last post.

Your assumption that the campaign has gotten tickets at half-price is false.
    I don't think you follow my point...

I picked a half-off price (that the campaign would offer to me) as a random example. The difference is what I would not have donated to VVS, and would have instead donated to get people there or to RevPAC. Whether that difference is $1 or $98 is irrelevant. The campaign has also already bought a pool of tickets. I will not be buying from that pool. Neither will a bunch of people who already got tickets (sometimes via some incredible economic gymnastics). If that pool is not used up, that is money wasted and being donated to VVS by the campaign.

I don't think that's too complicated to see, but it is what it is. As the VVS site says, "no refunds."
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I don't think you follow my point...

I picked a half-off price (that the campaign would offer to me) as a random example. The difference is what I would not have donated to VVS, and would have instead donated to get people there or to RevPAC. Whether that difference is $1 or $98 is irrelevant. The campaign has also already bought a pool of tickets. I will not be buying from that pool. Neither will a bunch of people who already got tickets (sometimes via some incredible economic gymnastics). If that pool is not used up, that is money wasted and being donated to VVS by the campaign.

I don't think that's too complicated to see, but it is what it is. As the VVS site says, "no refunds."
    You've missed my point to Gage. The pre-purchased pool of tickets will be used up, and when it is, tickets will be bought on-site on Saturday for any more Ron Paul supporters that request tickets (at least that's what I heard was being discussed last week, which was hopefully decided upon).

You're also assuming there is a difference between what you paid for your ticket and what the campaign would have paid for yours--I don't think there is one.
    Last edited by rp08orbust; 09-26-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Bump for critical updates in first post.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Does anyone need Black This Out cards to hand out? I just received a shipment of 5000 today. I can sell them to you at cost or if you are hard up for money I will send some for free.

PM so I can get these out ASAP.

This is really important! We all saw the bump Cain got after winning the Florida poll - we can't let him win again!
    We all know they won't give Ron Paul the same coverage if he does win, but we certainly can't afford to let coverage go to someone else.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Its great that the campaign is doing this. Now I'm going.
    When neo-conservatives are prominent ... the people of the United States are bound to feel more insecure than they actually are." - Christopher Fettweis, Threat and Anxiety in US Foreign Policy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bought a discounted ticket through the campaign and will be driving down from Baltimore. I have two logistical questions:

1. Does anyone know how we will get our ticket that we purchased through the campaign? - there doesn't seem to be any info about that. Will there be a Ron Paul person at the door to distribute tickets in a Will Call fashion?

2. Does it make sense to bring a lawn sign to help show support? (hold up during his speech, etc)

Also, the campaign did make a point to ask us to dress well, act civil, and leave a good impression. I think that is important and I will make sure to wear slacks/dress shirt/tie.
    Last edited by Tim724; 09-28-2011 at 12:02 PM.

I wish this would been announced a few weeks ago. It would have saved some major headaches and expenditures by some folks but oh well... I hope everyone who can go does so.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

BUMP. Time to do what we did at CPAC

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    I wish this would been announced a few weeks ago. It would have saved some major headaches and expenditures by some folks but oh well... I hope everyone who can go does so.
    i feel that this only occured because VVS summit did not sell out, or perhaps they sold very few tickets? why else would they extend their deadline? maybe they gave the campaign a good price.?
    When neo-conservatives are prominent ... the people of the United States are bound to feel more insecure than they actually are." - Christopher Fettweis, Threat and Anxiety in US Foreign Policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbro2914 View Post
    i feel that this only occured because VVS summit did not sell out, or perhaps they sold very few tickets? why else would they extend their deadline? maybe they gave the campaign a good price.?
    I can't imagine a summit/conference ever sells out. This internal process only got started on 9/21, so good work on the campaign for making it happen quickly. It was either last minute or never.

blimp

Quote Originally Posted by Tim724 View Post
    I bought a discounted ticket through the campaign and will be driving down from Baltimore. I have two logistical questions:

1. Does anyone know how we will get our ticket that we purchased through the campaign? - there doesn't seem to be any info about that. Will there be a Ron Paul person at the door to distribute tickets in a Will Call fashion?

2. Does it make sense to bring a lawn sign to help show support? (hold up during his speech, etc)

Also, the campaign did make a point to ask us to dress well, act civil, and leave a good impression. I think that is important and I will make sure to wear slacks/dress shirt/tie.
    Can anyone answer this for me. I bought one through the campaign as well and have no info, do we just pick it up there?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^ same question. bought mine on the campaign site, when/how do we get it? Thanks

Someone posted this on Daily Paul
    So I just got off the phone with Rachal (who's contact info was given if you had questions) and she said they'd be sending out emails and calling people who oredered with more information, but that there will be a booth set up to act as a will call, and we'll be able to pick up our tickets at the event. Hope this helps.
    Hope that clears stuff up

Quote Originally Posted by Umbro2914 View Post
    Someone posted this on Daily Paul

Hope that clears stuff up
    Awesome. Thanks

Lets sell out the subsidized tickets!
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

good morning Value Voters!

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwaymanq View Post
    BUMP. Time to do what we did at CPAC
    Hopefully our supporters will behave better at VVS than they did at CPAC. No booing, heckling, yelling out, etc. It doesn't do us any good to win the straw poll if everyone there holds contempt for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast