Thread: Lonegan: down to Paul or Bachmann

Lonegan: down to Paul or Bachmann

Steve Lonegan (conservative republican who opposed christie for NJ governor) said that he was not present at Ron Paul's Trenton rally because he has not decided who he will endorse, but that it is down to Bachmann or Paul.
    http://www.politickernj.com/51255/lo...-us-senate-bid
    Although I guess thats good, he should just endorse Paul already, since Paul did endorse him when he was campaigning against Christie.
    When neo-conservatives are prominent ... the people of the United States are bound to feel more insecure than they actually are." - Christopher Fettweis, Threat and Anxiety in US Foreign Policy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbro2914 View Post
    Steve Lonegan (conservative republican who opposed christie for NJ governor) said that he was not present at Ron Paul's Trenton rally because he has not decided who he will endorse, but that it is down to Bachmann or Paul.
    http://www.politickernj.com/51255/lo...-us-senate-bid
    Although I guess thats good, he should just endorse Paul already, since Paul did endorse him when he was campaigning against Christie.
    Possible he is playing it cool, not wanting to jump right out and endorse Paul. It may lend more credibility when people act like they aren't quite sure, still weighing the opens and exploring the candidates. Then, after long, careful consideration, comes the Paul endorsement that is more impactful.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

well, I'd say that decision is made considering the rumors about Bachmann's latest fundraising numbers.

Lonegan is pro Ron Paul, make no mistake. This I believe is a ploy to bring the Bachmann supporters over to the Ron Paul camp when she eventually drops out.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Lonegan is pro Ron Paul, make no mistake. This I believe is a ploy to bring the Bachmann supporters over to the Ron Paul camp when she eventually drops out.
    I'll say this, his organization is quite active. I get more robocalls from his group than any other.

What's this?

N.J. Sen. Michael Doherty endorses GOP hopeful U.S. Rep. Ron Paul during Trenton rally

TRENTON — Texas U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, who is running for the Republican nomination for president, picked up the endorsement of New Jersey state Sen. Michael Doherty.

Paul, who aligns with the Libertarian streak of the Republican Party, railed on expanding government and what he sees as an abandonment of the U.S. Constitution.

"Freedom is a new idea, although we've had a good test of it," Paul said. "But in the last 100 years we have let liberty down."

Doherty, who has been rumored as a potential U.S. Senate candidate in 2012, railed on the size of the federal government in endorsing Paul.
    Video of Ron Paul campaigning in Trenton Video of Ron Paul campaigning in Trenton Presidential candidate Ron Paul campaigns outside the Statehouse in Trenton. Paul received the endorsement of State Senator Michael J. Doherty. Watch video

"We're going to get our country back," Doherty said. As Paul took the stage, Doherty led an "end the fed" chant.

Up until this point, New Jersey Republicans have been publically quiet about who they're backing in the GOP primary. Christie has said he's withholding an endorsement, which could carry significant weight nationwide for whoever he chooses, to see how the campaign plays out.

Today, Acting Gov. Kim Guadagno signed a bill that pushes the state's presidential primary back to June. That gives Christie and fellow Republicans more time to make their decision.

It also likely removes New Jersey from the most heated parts of primary season, since traditionally nominees are selected long before June.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...n_paul_ra.html