Thread: PolitiFact Gives Ron Paul a 'Pants on Fire' for Saying "Our Taxes Doubled Under Perry"

Question PolitiFact Gives Ron Paul a 'Pants on Fire' for Saying "Our Taxes Doubled Under Perry"

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2011/sep/26/ron-paul/ron-paul-says-our-taxes-doubled-under-rick-perry/

Ron Paul says "our taxes have doubled" with Rick Perry in office.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 09-26-2011 at 01:34 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did Ron Paul say that? I only ever heard him say they went up. Not how much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Maybe he meant his taxes? I know someone who pays a lot more taxes than me, I know people that pay a lot less. I'm not all that familiar with the tax code in Texas though.

property taxes have increased, but they are set at the county and local school district.

Also recently passed under Perry's watch is a new tax on private water wells. If you have a well that pumps a certain amount of water, you get taxed for every gallon you pump out of the ground. Initially it is only targetting businesses, but every water well drilled in 2011 and on will have to be registered with this new department. This is basically hurting farmers, golf courses, anyone that uses water. They can always however up the tax and lower the requirements to be taxed.

He is talking about his taxes but made it sound like everybodys. Good thing is the fact checkers were pretty quiet on it until today.

He maybe was demagoguing, who knows.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister