Thread: GOP scrambles in fall cash dash - Paul on page 4

GOP scrambles in fall cash dash - Paul on page 4

The end of the quarter earnings tallies are important.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64387.html
    The normal must care for themselves. Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    of course gets a small little paragraph on the 4th page
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

RON PAUL:

With his diehard libertarian followers and a solid second-place finish at the Ames Straw Poll in August, Paul has been able to keep up a steady, online-heavy flow of contributions.

A Paul official said they expected to bring as much as $5 million and that the figure partly depended on a push they were making in the final week before the deadline.

The veteran congressman also has a million dollars in his House account that he can transfer, but the campaign has been hesitant about tapping into what they see as a reserve fund.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1Z4qViKDB
    That is pretty much exactly what I thought. And Ron raised $5 million third quarter LAST time if I am not mistaken, it was the first positive fundraising news for his campaign, and when I first started hearing about him. So if we need the $1.5 million end of quarter push to be at $5 million, we need the $1.5 million.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    of course gets a small little paragraph on the 4th page
    Newt and Cain weren't even mentioned. I'll take it!
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

damn santorum expects to raise less than a million this quarter. he needs to drop out.

The veteran congressman also has a million dollars in his House account that he can transfer, but the campaign has been hesitant about tapping into what they see as a reserve fund.
    Tap it! He's not running for re-election, so he may as well move it to the campaign fund.

Being conservative? If memory serves MB totals right we should easily eclipse 5m.

Several sources familiar with Michele Bachmann’s campaign said that she had serious money issues on the horizon.

“Dire” was the word one source said to describe her fundraising, which another source said would be less than the combined $4 million she reported in the second quarter - $2 million of it in low-dollar fundraising over fewer than six weeks, and another $2 million transferred from her congressional account.

Despite strong rumors of debt, a campaign source insisted she would not be in the red when her filing becomes public Oct. 15.
    just as i expected, she is broke and probably the only reason she wont be in debt is a transfer of more money from her congessional account. time to find a primary challenger for her congressional seat asap.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 09-26-2011 at 10:45 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    5million for Paul is a joke...he needs to report more than he took in 2Q...8million is required to not give the impression of a two-man race...Perry or Romney may not be able to raise 10 million this quarter and Paul at around 8mil is close enough to 10 that it is not a runaway..I hope Ron raises big money in NYC today...

Paul should just transfer his $1M from the congressional account, he won't be running for congress again anyway (especially since he's going to win the primary), and it looks better/will attract more future donations if he posts big Q3 numbers

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHLIED View Post
    5million for Paul is a joke...he needs to report more than he took in 2Q...8million is required to not give the impression of a two-man race...Perry or Romney may not be able to raise 10 million this quarter and Paul at around 8mil is close enough to 10 that it is not a runaway..I hope Ron raises big money in NYC today...
    Let's not setup false expectations. The campaign has done a good job of telling us what they need and they have been getting it. I read a report last week that they expected to have about 4mil cash on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEsq View Post
    Paul should just transfer his $1M from the congressional account, he won't be running for congress again anyway (especially since he's going to win the primary), and it looks better/will attract more future donations if he posts big Q3 numbers
    If they would prefer to have it as an emergency fund, then I trust that they know what they are doing. Plus, at this point, transferring that money will be spun as a negative.