View Poll Results: If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination, how would you vote?

Voters
1226. You may not vote on this poll
  • No one but Paul, else write-in Paul

710 57.91%
  • No one but Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, else write-in Paul

138 11.26%
  • Ron Paul, else third party

114 9.30%
  • Ron Paul or Gary Johnson else third party

104 8.48%
  • Ron Paul, else GOP nominee (regardless of who that is)

11 0.90%
  • Ron Paul else Other GOP contender, but only if a specific one or two

27 2.20%
  • Ron Paul else Obama

38 3.10%
  • If Ron Paul not nominee, I have no idea how I'd vote! Make Ron Paul nominee!

84 6.85%
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Media and GOP: "No one but Paul" POLL ADDED

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    This is exactly why so many Republicans won't vote for Ron. They simply don't believe that he's a loyal Republican. Ron would probably go up 10% in the polls over night if he said that he would endorse the eventual GOP nominee.
    And half of his rock solid support would desert him in the process. I'd probably never return to these forums if I heard him say that.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I will only Vote for The One Ron Paul!!

Ron Paul or not at all! My vote is non-transferable. The only way I would vote for anyone else is if Ron Paul endorsed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    No one but Paul! Regardless of how the nomination goes, I am voting for Ron Paul on election day (even if it means I must write him in). I am 19, is my first presidential election and my last chance to vote for Dr Paul, I will NOT waste it on a Teocon/an establishment shill
    The first election I was old enough to vote in, I also voted for Ron Paul - that was 1988. I'll be very proud of being able to say I've voted for him in 3 elections.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry, guys. I am not on the no one but Paul bandwagon. Paul is my very very very far ahead first place guy, but I do have a distant second, third, etc. I will still vote in the general election even if Dr. Paul doesn't get the GOP nomination. I will look at all the candidates, and choose the one that best represents my views. Ron Paul and I agree 90-95% of the time, so naturally he is far and away my first choice.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Honestly, If somehow Gary Johnson were to win the nomination, I would vote for him.

Anyone other than him and Paul and the Republicans don't get my vote.

We can have a clean shirt.

PAUL OR NOTHING!
    "Every generation deserves to live free." ~Ron Paul
    "It's hard to be free, but when it works it sure is worth it." ~Janis Joplin

Quote Originally Posted by StilesBC View Post
    And half of his rock solid support would desert him in the process. I'd probably never return to these forums if I heard him say that.
    Why? That still wouldn't change where he stands on the issues. The fact is that if an average GOP voter came here and read this thread, they would simply be turned off to Ron. The majority of GOP voters most likely won't vote for a candidate who they feel has no loyalty to the Republican Party. That's why you'll most likely see Rand Paul endorse the eventual GOP nominee, and he'll most likely win the GOP nomination in 2016 or 2020. You have to play the game in order to have success.

rand paul in 2016 and/or 2020!

There is very little difference from Mittens and Obama in my opinion. I dont even see a reason to vote for someone that is no different from the Democrats because they have an (R) next to their name.

If Gary Johnson was nominated, I'd vote for him, but Paul is more likely to be nominated than Johnson, so that is pretty irrelevent.

I've said before that McCain probably lost because of us refusing to vote for him, I voted for Barr and my wife wrote in Paul in 2008. The libertarian leg of the party has been neglected so long that they dont even try to appease us with rhetoric like Reagan used to. Why should we support them? They do more to sabotage us than they do to let people vote down our ideas.
    "For when our kids go off to battle, no one dare oppose the action, for that is seen as opposing them. The blood of our nation's youth, all too often, is spilt as if it can wipe away the policy sins of the Congress and the President."
    ~ Ron Paul
    November 23, 1998

You are here.

Why? That still wouldn't change where he stands on the issues. The fact is that if an average GOP voter came here and read this thread, they would simply be turned off to Ron. The majority of GOP voters most likely won't vote for a candidate who they feel has no loyalty to the Republican Party. That's why you'll most likely see Rand Paul endorse the eventual GOP nominee, and he'll most likely win the GOP nomination in 2016 or 2020. You have to play the game in order to have success.
    "Playing the game" is what got us into this mess in the first place.

No One But Paul will make a serious attempt at pushing back the out of control police/surveillance state.

No One But Paul will bring the troops home and end the wars that are bleeding us out in treasure and literal blood.

No One But Paul will make a serious attempt at pushing back the banking/financial/federal reserve establishment that has directly caused the first two items.

I do not care what you other gentlemen may do, for me it will be:

No One But Paul.

And if that causes the random GOP voter mental indigestion then I suggest he get behind us, or go vote for Obama.

Because that's what you're going end up with otherwise.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-24-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

No One But Paul.
    You remind me of something said by Patrick Henry.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I fear trying to hold the GOP hostage will backfire on us.

I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    "Playing the game" is what got us into this mess in the first place.

No One But Paul will make a serious attempt at pushing back the out of control police/surveillance state.

No One But Paul will bring the troops home and end the wars that are bleeding us out in treasure and literal blood.

No One But Paul will make a serious attempt at pushing back the banking/financial/federal reserve establishment that has directly caused the first two items.

No One But Paul.

And if that causes the random GOP voter mental indigestion then I suggest he get behind us, or go vote for Obama.

Because that's what you're going end up with otherwise.
    That's all probably true, but the problem is that we're one Supreme Court justice away from absolute tyranny. You have four justices who will vote to uphold Obamacare and will vote to allow the federal government to have unlimited power. You have five justices who at least believe that there should be a limit on what the federal government can do. If Obama gets a second term, you'll likely have 6 or 7 justices on the Supreme Court who believe that the federal government should have unlimited power. That's my reasoning anyway.

But I would add that it would be hard for me to vote for Romney. I would much rather have Perry as the GOP nominee than Romney, even though Perry has faults as well. Perry at least seems to believe in the concept of the 10th amendment and federalism.

That's all probably true, but the problem is that we're one Supreme Court justice away from absolute tyranny. You have four justices who will vote to uphold Obamacare and will vote to allow the federal government to have unlimited power. You have five justices who at least believe that there should be a limit on what the federal government can do. If Obama gets a second term, you'll likely have 6 or 7 justices on the Supreme Court who believe that the federal government should have unlimited power. That's my reasoning anyway.
    The "conservative" wing of the court voted in favor of the free speech restrictions of McCain/Feingold.

The "liberal" wing of the court voted in favor of the atrocious Kelo/eminent domain case.

Brother, I've been getting spooked by horror stories of "an out of control" SCROTUS for 30 years now.

I ain't buying it anymore. A GOP president appointed SCROTUS is just as bad as a Democratic president appointed one.

They will both shred your rights and liberties, just in different places. They are both just enforcers and enablers of a corrupt system.

It doesn't matter to me anymore, if you cut off my right arm or my left arm, I'm still going to bleed to death.

But I would add that it would be hard for me to vote for Romney. I would much rather have Perry as the GOP nominee than Romney, even though Perry has faults as well. Perry at least seems to believe in the concept of the 10th amendment and federalism.
    TC, Perry says a lot of the right things, but...

Whatever he does wrongly, will reflect poorly on small government types, and after that, the party will nominate a moderate again. Same thing if he loses to Obama, but not as bad. If Paul doesn't get the nomination, and Obama is reelected, it makes the likelihood of Rand's message getting even more attention in 2016. Same thing if Mitt or another moderate, establishment GOP type were to win (and beat Obama). The more conservative types can legitimately say in 2016, even more than in 2012 - "Hey, you keep selecting the moderate, establishment guy, and look what is happening to our country. Time to give a true conservative a chance."

I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    You remind me of something said by Patrick Henry.
    Glad you picked up on that!

No One But Paul!
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

No one but Paul will do. No more games. No more. This is it.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Most of us will vote on principles of liberty and freedom which we strongly believe in, and no one but Paul will do.

You may choose to play the "Anyone but Obama" game and sell out what you believe in for the lesser of two evils (once again), but for us, it is "No one but Paul"!
    ^This
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Already been telling all my republican friends. I did the same thing last year. I walked out of our local GOP meeting after McCain was nominated. They said "well he is better than Obama".
    McCain was as bad as Obama and maybe worse, because like all neocons, you get the same as Obama, but an incremental, lighter version just like we have had for thirty years. Obama uses more force, but neocons use a lighter sneakier version of force.

No one but Paul. As usual I will write him in and we need to let the GOP comprehend that they will get NO help from us for a neocon establishment candidate.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

No one but Paul for me ... or perhaps Johnson, if he were nominated.

Other than that, I'll be looking to see if the Libertarians nominate someone half decent this year, instead of an R-lite like Barr *shudder*. If not, probably a write in for Paul.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Someone should just starting chanting this at the next debate and then when everyone else starts in. Think of the drama! It would be like something you would see in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Someone should just starting chanting this at the next debate and then when everyone else starts in. Think of the drama! It would be like something you would see in a movie.
    I think that'd be awesome.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

"If you vote, and you elect dishonest incompetent people, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. YOU caused the problem, YOU voted them in, YOU have no right to complain! I, on the other hand..."

No one but Paul, indeed.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you consider it, so far only centrists from either party have been allowed to do well in the polls. Bush, Obama, H. Clinton, Romney, Perry - they are basically one and the same individual, give or take relatively minor policy differences on mostly social issues. Someone brought up Obama's Supreme Court picks, but did Bush really do all that well with his?

Vote for what you truly want with the same principle that inspires us about Ron Paul.

No one but Paul.

That's why you'll most likely see Rand Paul endorse the eventual GOP nominee, and he'll most likely win the GOP nomination in 2016 or 2020. You have to play the game in order to have success.
    Endorse what? Deficit spending? Overseas agression? The war on drugs (and the tenth amendment)? Fiat currency?

Why would you endorse all those things just to become President?

Will *I* become President if I endorse those things too? What about the others who endorse? No. The sad truth is they get nothing and they lose their principles. A true opposition party could lose 9 out of 10 presidencies and we would still be better off so long as that 10th tore the $#@! out of the $#@!.

If you think Rand Paul or anyone else can succeed as a closet libertarian (or "constiutional conservative"), well, please point to someone else who has won the Presidency with that approach. When Ron Paul wins, the nation will know that it's "for reals"! If a pretender wins, it's a guarantee that the elite will have their hands gripped so tightly on that guy's nuts, that he'll be afraid to so much as veto an unbalanced budget.

Do you really think there is a happy ending in 2016? Or that Rand's docile nature will drown out the crys of "like father, like son" (kook, loser)? Notice how you have to add "or 2020". That is because a RINO/neocon/TC-approved candidate will piss in the well of freedom for 8 more years! One of the reasons no Republican had a good shot in 2008 was because of the last Compromiser in Chief. 2000 begot 2012. 2012 will beget 2024. $#@! that $#@!! This is why people hate politics. A few $#@!s get endoresed and a quarter century is pissed away like nothing. So we can watch Randall get his shiny teeth kicked in?

PAUL OR NOTHING!

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast