Thread: Are humans naturally economists?

Are humans naturally economists?

This was a link shared to me elsewhere in this thread but I want to specifically focus on this:

The somali economy is testimony enough that humans are economists by nature,as much as education is a necessity it creates morons who manipulate that nature and develop corrupt tendencies and master dictatorship,one such example is Zimbabwe,a country with the highest literacy rates in Africa but the first to reach 9 digit inflation figures with a central government in place!
    Would this really be true in the sense of human nature being able to combat economics without the need for schooling?

It seems it's not true. Not in Chile nor throughout the history of free markets.

Some commentors also hinted on a nespotism culture.

How do you apply economics with low capital? It seems chaos is not the only problem, nor planned stability, there is also a case for needing global trade knowledge not just in terms of trade and such things but also for the intellectual elite to feel that a free market system would continue to be better without then ending up killing the innovation of the free market by insisting "the free market will solve it" as such an event would already mean they are already part of the free market and each citizen should already interact and innovate faster while the free market exist.

To move the issue to another arena, if humans are naturally economists, wouldn't humans then be more interested in more right wing concepts but isn't anarchy more of a left ideology with people seeing anarcho-capitalism as a confused bastard child invented by capitalist supporters?

Finally the whole area of behaviour economics is also something that I haven't heard much free market supporters discuss about. Does not the ignorance of behaviour prove that unless there's an elite in control of a free market, that humans won't be able to thrive in a free market? Thus free then becomes pseudofree? As in most of the current situation of the capitalist world?

I do apologize though for repeating a previous notion about cartelized economics brought up in a previous thread. My intent is not to repeat the question but to then bring up how the existence of behaviour economics factor into what free market supporters often perceive as well... a true free market.
    Last edited by Foolness; 09-23-2011 at 06:29 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.