Thread: Ron Paul to Appear as a Guest on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" Monday, September 26

Ron Paul to Appear as a Guest on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" Monday, September 26

Ron Paul to Appear as a Guest on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" Monday, September 26 at 11:00 p.m.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/rep...k=MW_news_stmp
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jon will be courteous, he will allow Ron to answer. He'll throw in a "Government should help people" question, which the audience will applaud, but Ron will answer reasonably well and they will end on friendly terms.

Honestly how helpful will this be? Ron has been on the DS at least twice. Will it do any more good in a Republican primary?

Quote Originally Posted by Napolitanic Wars View Post
    Jon will be courteous, he will allow Ron to answer. He'll throw in a "Government should help people" question, which the audience will applaud, but Ron will answer reasonably well and they will end on friendly terms.

Honestly how helpful will this be? Ron has been on the DS at least twice. Will it do any more good in a Republican primary?
    If not for Jon Stewart, the media blackout would not have been so effectively exposed.

It shows crossover appeal in the general among independents and liberals. And conservatives watch his show, too. The more people talking positively about Ron the better. No harm done here, only helpful. And consider the Blue Republican movement, as well.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Hey! I have been looking forward to this forever! 2 honest and politically-powerful people on the most honest news show!

I think we're going to sign wave there, but I haven't heard what time that happens yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    If not for Jon Stewart, the media blackout would not have been so effectively exposed.

It shows crossover appeal in the general among independents and liberals. And conservatives watch his show, too. The more people talking positively about Ron the better. No harm done here, only helpful. And consider the Blue Republican movement, as well.
    And if the subject of "party differences" comes up even jokingly by Stewart it could be a good opportunity to give a shout out to the early open primary states.

Something like, "Oh I know Jon, you don't agree with every Republican idea. But that is what makes America great, we have our differences and yet we want to make this country a better place. Everyone has a vested interest in government, now more than ever. People just need to get involved and learn the process. Places like Texas, Virginia, Tennessee... all have open primaries where any registered voter regardless of party affiliation can take part in designing the leadership of this country. People just need to research and learn why their right and ability to vote is so important."

Even Jon Stewart admitted the other night he doesn't like the direction of the Democrats. Ron Paul should hit em real hard with anti-war position, but he's been doing that a lot even at GOP debates so I'm not worried.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

I think Jon will ask some hard questions on health care and preexisting conditions. Yes, I think he will be courteous, but I don't think it is going to be a love fest.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A couple months ago when Sarah Palin was in the media badmouthing rapper Common as a gangster thug, Stewart stood up for him and pointed out the bits of shoe store that were sticking out of her teeth.
    Last week (or so) Stewart had Common as a guest. Common took the last bit of the spot to personally thank Stewart for everything he'd done for him. It was really touching.
    It'd be nice if RP did something similar.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

If he mentions his website and asks for donations live in front of millions of people, it will help big time

It could potentially be a great interview if Stewart brings up the subject of the recent Colbert "The Word" segment, where he had video of most of the mainstream GOP presidential candidates saying that they wanted to "broaden the income tax base", i.e. tax the poor. They was no video of Ron Paul in there, and there never will be. It's another issue where Ron stands out against the other candidates.

The Colbert segment:
    http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...eath-and-taxes
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

nice can't wait and hopefully next the jay leno show
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Only if Dems and Indies who like his ideas become Blue Republicans. I see that happening a lot now.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

The reason it is different this time is because Democrats have no vote in the primary. The real serious ones that really want to end war will vote for Ron Paul...if they can find out about him in time...that's our job. So the answer I guess was no before, but definitely yes now.
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.