Thread: Al-Jazeera Chief Resigns After Wikileaks Reveals Close U.S. Ties To CIA, DIA, State Dept.

Exclamation Al-Jazeera Chief Resigns After Wikileaks Reveals Close U.S. Ties To CIA, DIA, State Dept.

I never had a doubt and posted here... AL-Jazeera was another propaganda tentacle of the US government... now imagine the top 5 US corporate media working partnerships with Washington DC and Langley, Virginia
    Al Jazeera head quits after CIA links row
    21 September 2011

DOHA, Qatar: Al Jazeera’s top executive, Wadah Khanfar, resigned yesterday after eight years as the head of the satellite news channel, the station announced on its website.

The move has been linked to Wikileaks revelations of meetings with CIA officers.

“For some time I have been discussing my desire to step down and the board chairman has accepted my decision,” Khanfar wrote.
    Shaikh Ahmed bin Jassim Al Thani has been named to replaces Khanfar.
    His resignation came amidst a leaked US government cable suggesting that the Al Jazeera executive agreed to alter the content of the channel’s website after a US request to do so.
    It said Khanfar agreed to “tone down” objectionable content on the station’s website and promi

Al Jazeera Chief Resigns After Wikileaks Reveals Close U.S. Ties

1:31 PM PDT 9/21/2011 by THR staff

Karen Bleier/AFP/Getty Images

Wadah Khanfar stepped down from his post at the Qatar-based website on Tuesday.

Wadah Khanfar, the director-general of Al Jazeera, has resigned after eight years of leading the network. His departure comes on the heels of a release by whistleblowing website WikiLeaks of U.S. diplomatic cables that implied that Khanfar was open to changing editorial content at the request of U.S. authorities.

Al Jazeera English Begins Airing in New York City

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange to Make First Industry Appearance Since Arrest

The leaked cable from 2010 indicated that Khanfar was in constant contact with the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency, and would promise to tone down items on the website that were met with complaints from the U.S.

STORY: Al Jazeera English Begins Airing in New York City

The leaked cable talks about a meeting of the U.S. embassy in Doha with Khanfar to discuss a website piece, "Live Testimony Concerning Tal Afar," that showed witnesses giving their accounts of U.S. military operations in Iraq.
    Khanfar, according to the cable, "had taken a look at the piece and had two images removed (two injured children in hospital beds and a women with serious facial injury)." The cable also indicates that Khanfar wanted to keep the arrangements a secret.

STORY: Why American Cable Systems Won't Carry the Al Jazeera Network

“After 8 years of service leading Al Jazeera, I have just announced that I am moving on,” Khanfar wrote on his Twitter. “8 years is a long time to be leading a Network. Renewal and change is always good.”

STORY: Al Jazeera Using Egypt Coverage to Edge Onto U.S. Cable, Satellite Operators

During Khanfar’s time at the helm, Al Jazeera a single channel to a media network with multiple properties including the Al Jazeera Arabic channel, Al Jazeera English, Al Jazeera Documentary and Al Jazeera’s news websites.
    Khanfar was replaced by Sheik Ahmad bin Jasem bin Muhammad Al-Thani, a member of Qatar’s royal family. The network is based in Qatar, and mainly funded by Qatar’s royal family.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought everyone already knew how corrupt they were .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    ha! just like everyone knows how corrupt the MSM is! i think the only reason "patriotic" americans didn't "trust" al jazeera is because it is run by Arab people.

Sounds like the CIA went a step beyond 'knowing' their enemy to controlling the so called "enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Sounds like the CIA went a step beyond 'knowing' their enemy to controlling the so called "enemy."
    That has been the plan for sometime .

If I had any photoshop skills to speak of, I'd totally shop that guy as a borg soldier - he was assimilated.

I think one piece of the puzzle missing is the other accomplice in all these crimes and propaganda...

the CFR, Council on Foreign Affairs... WHen the orchestrated Egyptian Arab Spring was commenced, their were CFR boots on the ground in Egypt, then CFR articles, print, radio and TV propaganda appearances were executed like clockwork. The CFR member communications officiers were hosted across all forms of media to sell the incited revolutions as welcomed democracy. The Egyptian Hoax, the Libyan Hoax, the Concocted Turkish floatilla/Israeli explusions... on & on.

'THE WORLD's a Stage' and we are all being played by the masters.

History does repeat itself and no one has to look further than studying 1930's Germany and the rise of the Nazi powers. The usage of new technologies and organizations to create the 'Play of the Decade' in messaging/communicating the propaganda agendas.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 09-22-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

It's probably tough to stay independent when the US military is literally murdering your correspondents.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, crap. I liked the fact that Al Jazeera was more "universal" in their news. Any suggestions for world news blogs?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    It's a surprise!

tailoring the news in the 1950s+1960s led to MOCKINGBIRD.
    quite possibly is this an old project or program revamped???

Quote Originally Posted by ifthenwouldi View Post
    Well, crap. I liked the fact that Al Jazeera was more "universal" in their news. Any suggestions for world news blogs?
    i kinda enjoy reading asia times online.

Oh the irony that the "terrorist news network" is actually controlled by the CIA.

Hahahahahaha!!! Wonder what Hannity thinks about this?
    "For when our kids go off to battle, no one dare oppose the action, for that is seen as opposing them. The blood of our nation's youth, all too often, is spilt as if it can wipe away the policy sins of the Congress and the President."
    ~ Ron Paul
    November 23, 1998

You are here.

If you add infowars into the mix then you'll likely be able to see through anything major going on.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I watch the US media, Iranian Press TV, RT, and whatever I can find on the internet. I try to triangulate the truth. Anything that is run by a state (RT and Press TV) have an agenda, but they let their interviewees answer the questions and have 'non mainstream' opinions on more than CNN or Fox.
    "For when our kids go off to battle, no one dare oppose the action, for that is seen as opposing them. The blood of our nation's youth, all too often, is spilt as if it can wipe away the policy sins of the Congress and the President."
    ~ Ron Paul
    November 23, 1998

You are here.

iran times!
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not surprised at all.
    While they do have many independent thinkers too, when I looked at the top headlines on recent mideast events, they seem to have come same source that planted those headlines in US media.

Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    Not surprised at all.
    While they do have many independent thinkers too, when I looked at the top headlines on recent mideast events, they seem to have come same source that planted those headlines in US media.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    tailoring the news in the 1950s+1960s led to MOCKINGBIRD.
    quite possibly is this an old project or program revamped???
    The manipulation and infiltration of the media runs hand and hand with covert operations. Whether that be feeding little lies to the MSM for them to parrot or littering the streets with flyers. Oh, or giving children radicalized text books. You can't forget how effective that was.

ETA: I just realized how old this thread was. Any specific reason for the bump, Dark?

ETA: Ahhh, Current TV being bought by Al Jazeera. I heard and even commented in a thread about the news. Sometimes I'm a little slow putting two and two together lol. Much needed bump.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-03-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump