I never had a doubt and posted here... AL-Jazeera was another propaganda tentacle of the US government... now imagine the top 5 US corporate media working partnerships with Washington DC and Langley, Virginia
Al Jazeera head quits after CIA links row
21 September 2011

DOHA, Qatar: Al Jazeera’s top executive, Wadah Khanfar, resigned yesterday after eight years as the head of the satellite news channel, the station announced on its website.

The move has been linked to Wikileaks revelations of meetings with CIA officers.

“For some time I have been discussing my desire to step down and the board chairman has accepted my decision,” Khanfar wrote.
Shaikh Ahmed bin Jassim Al Thani has been named to replaces Khanfar.
His resignation came amidst a leaked US government cable suggesting that the Al Jazeera executive agreed to alter the content of the channel’s website after a US request to do so.
It said Khanfar agreed to “tone down” objectionable content on the station’s website and promi

Al Jazeera Chief Resigns After Wikileaks Reveals Close U.S. Ties

1:31 PM PDT 9/21/2011 by THR staff

Karen Bleier/AFP/Getty Images

Wadah Khanfar stepped down from his post at the Qatar-based website on Tuesday.

Wadah Khanfar, the director-general of Al Jazeera, has resigned after eight years of leading the network. His departure comes on the heels of a release by whistleblowing website WikiLeaks of U.S. diplomatic cables that implied that Khanfar was open to changing editorial content at the request of U.S. authorities.

Al Jazeera English Begins Airing in New York City

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange to Make First Industry Appearance Since Arrest

The leaked cable from 2010 indicated that Khanfar was in constant contact with the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency, and would promise to tone down items on the website that were met with complaints from the U.S.

STORY: Al Jazeera English Begins Airing in New York City

The leaked cable talks about a meeting of the U.S. embassy in Doha with Khanfar to discuss a website piece, "Live Testimony Concerning Tal Afar," that showed witnesses giving their accounts of U.S. military operations in Iraq.
Khanfar, according to the cable, "had taken a look at the piece and had two images removed (two injured children in hospital beds and a women with serious facial injury)." The cable also indicates that Khanfar wanted to keep the arrangements a secret.

STORY: Why American Cable Systems Won't Carry the Al Jazeera Network

“After 8 years of service leading Al Jazeera, I have just announced that I am moving on,” Khanfar wrote on his Twitter. “8 years is a long time to be leading a Network. Renewal and change is always good.”

STORY: Al Jazeera Using Egypt Coverage to Edge Onto U.S. Cable, Satellite Operators

During Khanfar’s time at the helm, Al Jazeera a single channel to a media network with multiple properties including the Al Jazeera Arabic channel, Al Jazeera English, Al Jazeera Documentary and Al Jazeera’s news websites.
Khanfar was replaced by Sheik Ahmad bin Jasem bin Muhammad Al-Thani, a member of Qatar’s royal family. The network is based in Qatar, and mainly funded by Qatar’s royal family.