Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roll call for VVS

My friend and I are going as well.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dress to Impress - it's that simple. You're representing your candidate at a very conservative summit.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Regrettably, I cannot make it at all that weekend, so I'm just trying to continue getting the word out about it.

Off topic but if any of you run into any New York supporters on your trip, PLEASE remind them that the deadline to register as a Republican is Friday, October 14.

If they are registered to vote in NY, they must register Republican by October 14 or they will not be eligible to vote for Ron Paul in the New York primary in April.

They can check their voter registration here:
    https://voterlookup.elections.state....tersearch.aspx

Here is the form to register as a Republican (maybe someone can bring some forms just in case):
    http://www.elections.state.ny.us/NYS...g/voteform.pdf

I will be there on Saturday

Remember everyone, this is a very conservative event as I hear, probably be best to wear a suit. A polo shirt and khakis is considered CASUAL, wear what you would wear at a job interview.

People have said they wore collared hirt, tie, and khakis last year (business casual) and they felt underdressed. So please, lets try to make a good impression.
    Last edited by bb_dg; 10-01-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    I’m fascinated with your word unconventional. Isn’t it strange that we can apply that term to freedom, and liberty, and the constitution, a balanced budget, and limited government? – Ron Paul

Just bought my ticket and trying to persuade a friend!

I bought my ticket afew days ago, still no email (though I got a call, and they said they would send me an email, hoping to get one soon). I have 4 other people that I can bring with me, but I only bought one ticket so far; can anyone that is going to bring their friends give me some pointers? Would it be best to just call and "reserve" four more tickets?

I am coming, bought my airfare and hotel on Friday. If anyone needs a spot to crash hit me up and we can split the room I have reserved. Its in Rockville, MD which is like 15 miles away according to google maps.

Quote Originally Posted by alexamasan View Post
    I will be there on Saturday

Remember everyone, this is a very conservative event as I hear, probably be best to wear a suit. A polo shirt and khakis is considered CASUAL, wear what you would wear at a job interview.

People have said they wore collared hirt, tie, and khakis last year (business casual) and they felt underdressed. So please, lets try to make a good impression.
    RVO˩UTION

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by refuge View Post
    I bought my ticket afew days ago, still no email (though I got a call, and they said they would send me an email, hoping to get one soon). I have 4 other people that I can bring with me, but I only bought one ticket so far; can anyone that is going to bring their friends give me some pointers? Would it be best to just call and "reserve" four more tickets?
    Contact Rachel with the RP Campaign for the additional tickets. I'll PM you.

I also purchased a ticket from the campaign website. All I received in my email was a "thank you for your donation of $10". Is that all I need to bring?
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

They called me to confirm. After you confirm they will send you an e-mail with all the details. It seems like it takes a day or 2 for them to call.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4Freedom View Post
    They called me to confirm. After you confirm they will send you an e-mail with all the details. It seems like it takes a day or 2 for them to call.
    Hopefully that means a lot of people bought them!

I know it's late, but I just realized I will be able to attend this. If anyone has an extra ticket or knows where I can get one, please PM me ASAP. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Sure is. This summit is important.
    I heard the introduction speaker on the webcast say the word "Israel" about 50 times and america about 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    I know it's late, but I just realized I will be able to attend this. If anyone has an extra ticket or knows where I can get one, please PM me ASAP. Thanks.
    bump

Just voted for Ron Paul. So did Jeremy.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is it still possible to get a couple tickets for Sat 10/8 ??

Quote Originally Posted by nigh_eve View Post
    Is it still possible to get a couple tickets for Sat 10/8 ??
    At normal $99 price.

I'm also interested in getting a ticket. some more info would be nice.

How early do you think the place will fill up? I want to be front and center waving my sign!!
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    I'm also interested in getting a ticket. some more info would be nice.
    Any info?? I can't find anything to purchase on the RP2012 site...

I'm waiting to hear back from patterson.theodore@gmail.com (i got this addy from dailypaul)

Can tickets be purchased at the door or at an RP booth on site?

Any info?? I can't find anything to purchase on the RP2012 site...

I'm waiting to hear back from patterson.theodore@gmail.com (i got this addy from dailypaul)

Can tickets be purchased at the door or at an RP booth on site?
    I'm in the same boat as you. Just found out that I'd be able to go tomorrow, but have no ticket. Was hoping the campaign would still have some available, but I haven't seen or heard anything.

Found this on the VVS website:

Online registration has now closed. Please go to the Omni Shoreham Hotel to register on-site between 3:00 - 9:00 PM on Thursday, October 6, or after 7:00 AM on Friday, October 7.
    It says nothing about Saturday, though. And what they're charging for a ticket is pretty steep. Would much rather get one from the campaign for 10 bucks.

Please let me know if you hear back from anyone about a ticket. Frustrating...

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where ya coming from -- $99 bucks is steep, but worth it to see and vote for RP!! If you're in my area and want to ride up together -- I'd consider paying for your ticket!! (it's either pay for yours or pay for my 26 yr old son's ticket -- who is only going to humor/pacify me!)

Thank you very much for the offer, but I'm actually in the DC area already. If they are in fact letting people register tomorrow, I have no problem paying the ticket. It's just that they say nothing about Saturday registration, and I'd like to know ahead of time. Also, I'd still hope that the campaign would have some tickets available for $10. Not really sure who to contact to find out.

not to be critical, but this is where "the forum" could really step up... upcoming events (as they occur) should be on the front page, encouraging active supporters to share whatever info they might have to political neophytes like me. Can't believe this info is so hard to find at this point...

not to be critical, but this is where "the forum" could really step up... upcoming events (as they occur) should be on the front page, encouraging active supporters to share whatever info they might have to political neophytes like me. Can't believe this info is so hard to find at this point...
    Good news (I think).

On the VVS "Schedule of Events" for Saturday it says Registration opens at 7 AM. I'm assuming that means that you can register tomorrow if you aren't already, which I plan to do. Hopefully someone from the campaign will be there to give me a discounted ticket, but if not I'll drop the full price if it means voting for Ron and getting to meet him. Guess I'll be going then, or at least trying to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast