Thread: Who was Cameron Todd Willingham?

Who was Cameron Todd Willingham?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Todd_Willingham

This is a story about a politician who puts politics ahead of all. That man is Rick Perry, and this story must be told. It just may serve to wake up a mind or two, if it becomes more commonly known.

Consider spreading this knowledge around.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...87#post3575587

The GOP candidates are nothing but hypocrites.

Here's the skinny on the status quo:
    Bachmann worked for the IRS suing tax evaders.
    Cain worked for the Federal Reserve.
    Newt ran out on two wives that had cancer--I think he would run out on us, too.
    Santorum declared that weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) had been found in Iraq. (Besides Santorum is just Bush Lite)
    Romney will continue Obama Care for all, but the name will change to Romney Care--he doesn't really want to be President he wants to be CEO of Corporate America.
    Perry was Al Gore's campaign manager, he also supported the [Hillary] Clinton Heath Care Plan. He also introduced the scholarship program to allow illegal aliens to get an education with taxpayers money.

Also, people ought to look into the Cameron Todd Willingham death penalty case. One of the reasons I am a strong opponent of the death penalty!!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Thank you for that primer on the candidates. This is the kind of information that, I feel, we have a responsibility to put into our heads, and keep it there - so that when fate calls upon us, and the opportunity to speak for Ron Paul arrives in our lives, we are fully informed and armed for intellectual combat - with truth.

Quote Originally Posted by NorfolkPCSolutions View Post
    Thank you for that primer on the candidates. This is the kind of information that, I feel, we have a responsibility to put into our heads, and keep it there - so that when fate calls upon us, and the opportunity to speak for Ron Paul arrives in our lives, we are fully informed and armed for intellectual combat - with truth.
    You're welcome. The truth is a powerful weapon!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Texas Executed an Innocent Person

http://camerontoddwillingham.com/

I hope Ron Paul mentions this in the next debate.

"Governor Perry, how do you feel about executing an innocent man?"

I hate to keep adding to this post, but I would like to inform the forum as to how I learned of Cameron Willingham's false conviction, and Perry's political shenanigans.

I was reading the comments of an unrelated news item, and someone had posted, "Google Cameron. Todd. Willingham." I did, and here I am.

My point? Never be afraid to post things like that in comments thread, people. If it can take me this long to learn about this - and I'm fairly active in these forums, and a self-confessed newshound - imagine our fathers and mothers, and how they may never hear of this.

I hate to keep adding to this post, but I would like to inform the forum as to how I learned of Cameron Willingham's false conviction, and Perry's political shenanigans.

I was reading the comments of an unrelated news item, and someone had posted, "Google Cameron. Todd. Willingham." I did, and here I am.

My point? Never be afraid to post things like that in comments thread, people. If it can take me this long to learn about this - and I'm fairly active in these forums, and a self-confessed newshound - imagine our fathers and mothers, and how they may never hear of this.
    No need to apologize. Maybe we need to hold up signs saying this at the next debate?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

In my own recollection, it seems like Texas likes to put people on death row/false imprisonment--mostly for political gain! In another case Randall Dale Adams sat on death row for 12 years, and within 72 hours of execution, convicted of killing a Dallas Police Officer. If it weren't for Errol Morris a doctumentary filmmaker/private detective investigation and then putting out the documentary, "The Thin Blue Line" which helped shed light that another convict admitted to murdering the police officer that supposedly Adams had murdered. Adams would have been executed.
    Last edited by donnay; 09-22-2011 at 12:04 AM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Todd_Willingham

This is a story about a politician who puts politics ahead of all. That man is Rick Perry, and this story must be told. It just may serve to wake up a mind or two, if it becomes more commonly known.

Consider spreading this knowledge around.
    Rick Perry is truly evil.

Fresh doubts over a Texas execution

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/nat...ution/?hpid=z1

New evidence revives concerns that a man was wrongly put to death in 2004.

CORSICANA, Tex. — For more than 20 years, the prosecutor who convicted Cameron Todd Willingham of murdering his three young daughters has insisted that the authorities made no deals to secure the testimony of the jailhouse informer who told jurors that Willingham confessed the crime to him.

About this project: The investigation was reported and written by Maurice Possley for The Marshall Project, a new nonprofit news organization focused on the criminal justice system. Sign up for updates on their launch.

Since Willingham was executed in 2004, officials have continued to defend the account of the informer, Johnny E. Webb, even as a series of scientific experts have discredited the forensic evidence that Willingham might have deliberately set the house fire in which his toddlers were killed.

But now new evidence has revived questions about Willingham’s guilt: In taped interviews, Webb, who has previously both recanted and affirmed his testimony, gives his first detailed account of how he lied on the witness stand in return for efforts by the former prosecutor, John H. Jackson, to reduce Webb’s prison sentence for robbery and to arrange thousands of dollars in support from a wealthy Corsicana rancher. Newly uncovered letters and court files show that Jackson worked diligently to intercede for Webb after his testimony and to coordinate with the rancher, Charles S. Pearce Jr., to keep the mercurial informer in line.

Old thread resurrected with new info.

Mods, maybe a move to GP?