Thread: Ron Paul End the Fed: Protests at Federal Reserve Banks Across US

Ron Paul End the Fed: Protests at Federal Reserve Banks Across US

Ben Bernanke may be a modern-day Nicholas Biddle, but unfortunately for "End the Fed" advocates there is no modern-day Andrew Jackson to crush the nation's central bank. Although Ron Paul did his best to hold the Federal Reserve to account — achieving some small success — the Fed continues to exert tremendous influence over the U.S. and global economies. For all intents and purposes, the Federal Reserve is deeply embedded in the fabric of the economy, and its actions are generally supported by both major political parties.

But these realities did not stop thousands of "End the Fed" demonstrators from assembling at the following locations Saturday:

The Fed was established in 1913 with a dual mandate to facilitate full employment and stable prices, but has occasionally acted as a major bubble-blower. The implosion in housing prices that began in 2006 came courtesy of an overheated market brought on by lax lending standards encouraged in part by the Fed's prolonged low interest rate policy after the 9/11 attacks. (An insatiable appetite for mortgage derivatives also fuelled the housing frenzy, but that's another story altogether.)

Saturday's protests came on the heels of the Fed's announcement last week that it would initiate a third round of quantitative easing — or QE3 — since the beginning of the Great Recession. Through this mechanism, the Fed will purchase $40 billion per month in mortgage-backed securities from financial institutions. When the Fed buys these assets, it credits the accounts that banks' have with the Fed for the purchase price, which increases the money supply. Although the Fed does not "print money" as some critics like to assert, QE essentially produces the same effect.
    more at link: http://www.policymic.com/articles/15...anks-across-us
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How many people did end up protesting?

I don't really have a handle on the nationwide count. From the pictures and livestreams I saw it wasn't as big as the one in 2010, but it also wasn't as long planned, to my knowledge. It was at all the branches, though. I didn't see the livestreams in San Francisco or Minnesota or Dallas or NY, which is where the bigger ones would have been -- so more may have attended than I saw.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

----

Last edited by FrankRep; 09-23-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    ----

Made the St Louis local news. Unfortunately they butchered the reasoning behind the protest.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Being from California, I am fully fluent in dude-speak, but this dude is funny.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Made the St Louis local news. Unfortunately they butchered the reasoning behind the protest.

They're always reporting that way. It is kind of freaky watching the news after you've been to an actual event and heard what they had to say about it. You may never look at the news the same again.

I think we need to take it for what it is worth or read between the lines or something.

About 30 people at the Detroit End the Fed protest. We had a Republican Congressional candidate there going on and on about the Illuminati. Interesting developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    They always reporting that way. It is kind of freaky watching the news after you've been to an actual event and heard what they had to say about it. You may never look at the news the same again.
    Concentrated truth there! The way they twist, distort and lie is amazing.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

----

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Being from California, I am fully fluent in dude-speak, but this dude is funny.
    Hang Ten and End the Fed.

----