Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Black This Out, Want $6,000,000? We Need THE ENTIRE MONTH for Promotion & 25,000 Attendees

Black This Out, Want $6,000,000? We Need THE ENTIRE MONTH for Promotion & 25,000 Attendees

GOAL 1 - 25,000 Facebook Attendees
    GOAL 2 - 12,000 Pledges on the Main Site
    GOAL 3 - A $6,000,000+ Day for Ron Paul!

Money Bomb Links:

Table of Contents:

1. Attendance Progress:

2. How we Raise $6,000,000:
    - We're Slacking Off When it Counts Most
    - Success is Dependent on Attendance Numbers
    - GOAL 1 - 25,000 Facebook Event Attendees
    - GOAL 2 - 12,000 Pledges on the Official Website
    - GOAL 3 - A $6,000,000+ Day for Ron Paul!

3. Off-line Promotion - A How to Guide:
    - Go to Ron Paul Events & Pass Out Flyers for Black This Out

4. Widgets:
    - Add these Pledge Banners to your Website

5. YouTube Promotion - A How to Guide:
    - Add Annotated Messages to All your Current & Future Ron Paul Videos
    - Leave Video Comments About the Money Bomb Linking to BlackThisOut[dot]com
    - Copy this Message & Send/PM it to as Many Ron Paul Video Uploaders as Possible

6. Facebook Promotion - A How to Guide:
    - How to Invite your Friends to the Black This Out Facebook Event
    - Getting Around the Facebook Event Invitation Limit
    - Add a Black This Out Pledge App to your Ron Paul Facebook Fan Page
    - Upload a Black This Out Banner Ad to Advertise the Event
    - Post Status Updates & Comments on Ron Paul Facebook Pages
    - Main Facebook Pages
    - Other Facebook Pages
    - State Facebook Pages

7. Contact Info:

Attendance Progress:

Sep 19 - 998
    Sep 20 - 1,222 (+224)
    Sep 21 - 1,440 (+218)
    Sep 22 - 1,773 (+333)
    Sep 23 - 2,244 (+471)
    Sep 24 - 2,677 (+433)
    Sep 25 - 3,313 (+636)
    Sep 26 - 3,870 (+557)
    Sep 27 - 4,571 (+701)
    Sep 28 - 5,131 (+560)
    Sep 29 - 5,642 (+511)
    Sep 30 - 5,842 (+200)
    Oct 01 - 6,313 (+471)
    Oct 02 - 6,585 (+272)
    Oct 03 - 7,000 (+415)
    Oct 04 - 7,363 (+363)
    Oct 05 - 7,722 (+359)
    Oct 06 - 8,410 (+688)
    Oct 07 - 8,893 (+483)
    Oct 08 - 9,302 (+409)
    Oct 09 - 9,840 (+538)
    Oct 10 - 10,713 (+873)
    Oct 11 - 11,799 (+1,086)
    Oct 12 - 12,904 (+1,105)
    Oct 13 - 14,380 (+1,476)
    Oct 14 - 15,287 (+907)
    Oct 15 - 15,846 (+559)
    Oct 16 - 16,718 (+872)
    Oct 17 - 17,848 (+1,130)
    Oct 18 - 20,057 (+2,209)

How we Raise $6,000,000:

We're Slacking Off When it Counts Most

I've seen a lot of people complaining about our lack of fundraising power lately. They contribute it to things like too many money bombs, people being in worse financial shape and whatever other excuses they can think of. While these excuses probably do have some merit, I think the major reason why is because we simply haven't pushed hard enough during our promotion of each event. There are too many people being lazy and not helping out and doing their share of the work. And not only that, we're starting promotion too late with only a week or less to reach people. Just look at the stats of the Facebook event pages for the last couple money bombs. Look at the correlation between how many people we got to attend each money bomb and the amount of money we rasied during each event...

Aug 20th - Birthday Money Bomb - 7,840 Attending - $2,000,000 Raised
    Sep 17th - Constitution Day Money Bomb - 3,683 Attending - $1,000,000 Raised
    Sep 19th - SuperPAC Money Bomb - 579 Attending - Less Than $100,000 Raised

Success is Dependent on Attendance Numbers

Judging by these numbers, I think it's clear to see that a money bomb's success is dependent on how many people are notified about it, as well as some other factors like the theme and the level of emotional investment in the campaign. The more people that are notified, the more people will attend the event, the larger the total we'll raise. The Birthday Money Bomb did great, but then people slacked off for the Constitution Day Money Bomb. The SuperPAC Bomb hardly got any promotion and we see the results of that now. I understand that many people may have been short on money this last bomb, but that's no reason for them to slack on promotion. If you're short on money, then spend your time wisely getting others to donate instead of completely skipping the event. We need you to help out in promotion. Our goal for the Black This Out Money Bomb should be to far surpass the Birthday Money Bomb in attendance. 7,840 people is nothing compared to how many people we used to get to pledge in 07. Here are the current attendance numbers for the Black This Out event...

Oct 19th - Black This Out Money Bomb - 7,763 Attending - Amount Raised???

GOAL 1 - 25,000 Facebook Event Attendees

Judging from the number of people that hit the attend button on each Facebook event and the amount we raised for each bomb, we need to get about 25,000 people to hit that attend button on the Black This Out Facebook event if we plan on getting anywhere near $6,000,000. How did I get the 25,000 attendee goal? Adding the number of attendees from both the Birthday and Constitution Day Money Bomb together, it took 11,523 attendees to raise $3,000,000. So, doubling this number means we'll need 23,046 attendees to raise $6,000,000. We're making the goal 25,000 people just in case we don't make it with 23,000. Also, the Birthday Money Bomb received 7,840 attendees after only a week of promotion. We have four months to get this done. 7,840 times 4 weeks is over 30,000 attendees. This proves 25,000 attendees is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE to achieve, but ONLY if we start RIGHT NOW!

The only way that we even have a chance at raising $6,000,000 is if we all get off our butts and promote this thing until we get 25,000 people to attend the Facebook event. We must focus all of our attention and energy on early promotion in order to gain momentum going into the 19th. I don't mean to put people down, but I think too many people have just been lazy during this campaign, pushing off the work onto other people and hoping that the work will get done by somebody else. If you want this thing to be a success, then you MUST take the lead and promote the hell out of this thing. The reason why the Constitution Day and Ready Ames Fire Money Bombs did worse is because less people helped out in promoting them, plus the fact that promotion started way too late. The original money bombs that brought in millions had much longer promotional periods. We have AN ENTIRE MONTH to promote this thing starting right now. Let's not let it end up like the Ready Ames Fire Money Bomb and expect to make millions, only to end up getting $500,000 because we didn't do the work necessary to make it happen. We need to use ALL of this time and NOT forget about it until three weeks from now like we usually do every single month. Only by heavily promoting it the entire month and creating hype around it will we be able to get enough people to pledge and hit that attend button. Again, we need 25,000 people to attend this event, not 5,000, not even 10,000. If you want to make it to $6,000,000, then we need to get at least 25,000 people to pledge and hit that attend button. If we don't make it, then don't expect much from Black This Out. We need to be realistic.

I also just wanted to point out the reason I am stressing the goal of 25,000 attendees. It seems that people like to focus on the dollar amount they ultimately want to bring in as their goal to shoot for. Focusing on the dollar amount as your goal doesn't help in providing you a guage for how likely it is that you're going to reach that goal. People will blindly promote this and HOPE that they did enough to raise the correct amount. They will blindly promote it because they aren't using any kind of guage to help tell them how close they are to reaching their goal. Shooting instead for a goal of attendees allows you to measure how powerful the money bomb will eventually be. If you know that it takes roughly around 11,523 attendees to raise $3,000,000, then that provides you with a way of figuring out how many attendees you need to raise $6,000,000, in this case it's around 23-25,000. Until you reach that goal, you don't stop, because if you do then you'll know that it won't be as successful as it could have been if you kept on promoting. It's mainly for motivational purposes and measurement.

GOAL 2 - 12,000 Pledges on the Official Website

While I am using the Facebook event as a way to guage support for this money bomb, you must also make it your mission to get as many people as possible to pledge to the official money bomb website at www.BlackThisOut.com. It is extremely important that we collect as many email addresses as possible. We're setting the pledge goal at 12,000 people. Using these email addresses, we can coordinate with people already attending the event and give updates to the money bomb, promotion techniques and ways of spreading the message as far as possible. Even if we're able to attain 25,000 Facebook attendees, we'll have no way of communicating directly with them. That's why it's so important to send people to the Facebook event AS WELL AS the official money bomb website so that they can pledge. Another important reason to support the official website is that we'll also be able to use the email list gained from Black This Out and use it to promote the next money bomb on 11/11/11 and then use the combined list to promote 12/16/11, allowing each money bomb a better chance of eclipsing the previous one.

GOAL 3 - A $6,000,000+ Day for Ron Paul!

So my main message here is that if you really do want to have a $6,000,000 day, then we need to be realistic and set our goal at getting 25,000 people to attend the Black This Out Facebook Event and as many people as possible to pledge their support on the official money bomb website at www.BlackThisOut.com. It's just not going to happen with less than 10,000 attendees. Make videos, hand out flyers, leave comments, send personal emails, invite people. Do whatever you have to do, but if you want the campaign to get that much money, then we need to get serious and start our promotion now and not let up until the 19th is over. We all need to work on reaching this goal. DO NOT LET UP until the money bomb is over! Please check back here every so often because I'll be updating this post regularly to include new ways for you to help promote this money bomb.

Off-line Promotion - A How to Guide:

Go to Ron Paul Events & Pass Out Flyers for Black This Out

1. Go to any Ron Paul event, rally or group and Pass Out These Flyers for Black This Out to everybody.

2. If you're going to an event soon and don't want to wait on shipping, here are some Printable Flyers.

Widgets:

Add these Pledge Banners to your Website

1. Use the following code to add a pledge banner to your website so that we can take pledges directly from your viewers.

<iframe width="728" height="90" src="http://www.blackthisout.com/widgets/leaderboard.php" frameborder="0" scrolling="no">

YouTube Promotion - A How to Guide:

Notify your Subscribers by Re-Uploading a Black This Out Promotional Video

1. Download and install a program that lets you download videos from YouTube. I personally use Orbit Downloader.

2. Download this Black This Out Promotional Video. It's short, energizing and gets the point across.

3. Re-Upload the video to your YouTube account. This will notify all your subscribers to watch the video.

4. This is the easiest and fastest way to spread Black This Out across YouTube!

Add Annotated Messages to All your Current & Future Ron Paul Videos

1. On all current and future Ron Paul related videos, please add an annotation to the video linking to BlackThisOut.com.

2. Annotations are interchangeable messages that pop up on the video player wherever and for however long you want them to.

3. Adding Your annotation to both the beginning of a video and the end will guarantee the Money Bomb message is seen by everyone.

4. Click Here for a tutorial. Annotations are the most powerful way to reach as many people on YouTube as possible.

Leave Video Comments About the Money Bomb Linking to BlackThisOut[dot]com

1. Search Ron Paul or other related terms on YouTube and filter the results to show you recently uploaded videos.

2. Leave comments about the money bomb on every Ron Paul video you can find.

3. Link to the official website in your comments. In order to add the link, you may need to alter it to BlackThisOut[dot]com.

4. Make sure to thumb up any other comments about the money bomb. Get people to thumb up your comments here.

5. If you are the video uploader, making a comment will place it directly at the top of the comments section for all to see.

6. If the uploader thumbs up your comment, it would jump to the top. Send/PM them the below message so they'll do just that...

Copy this Message & Send/PM it to as Many Ron Paul Video Uploaders as Possible

NOTE: To prevent annoying people, we're keeping track of who we send this to using a list. Post if you'd like to help.

1. Again, search Ron Paul or other related terms on YouTube and filter the results to show you recently uploaded videos.

2. Any YouTube video you find that is not promoting the Money Bomb, please copy and send/PM the following message to the uploader.

3. This is the most effective thing we can do. It will help to get as many video uploaders aligned around the money bomb as possible.

5. The pre-written Copy & Paste message is located below...

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    Title: Could you Please Help us Promote the Oct 19th Black This Out Money Bomb?

Body: Hey, I was wondering if you could help do us a huge favor. I'm helping out to organize for the Oct 19th Black This Out Money Bomb...

Official Website:
    www.BlackThisOut.com

Planning Thread:
    www.blackthisout.com/planning

I'm sure you've probably heard of it by now because the event has been exploding all over the internet and has started to take on a life of its own. We already have thousands of pledges on the official money bomb website and the Facebook event and every day the rate of pledges is increasing. Pretty soon we will be adding thousands of people a day. Our goal is to raise $6,000,000 for Ron Paul and with our early momentum, it is very possible we will achieve this goal, but ONLY with your help. I wanted to write you to ask if you could do a couple things from now on that would guarantee people get maximum exposure to this event. It would really help us out in our goal of getting as many people as possible to know about this event. Here they are...

1. First and most important, download one of the existing Black This Out promotional videos and upload it to your YouTube channel. This will notify all of your subscribers about the new video and everyone that watches it will be notified about the money bomb. This is the easiest and fastest way to notify as many people as possible about the event. May I suggest using the following video to re-upload...

http://youtu.be/Pp0sb46aehI

This video was uploaded by the people that run RonPaul.com, so it's ok to re-upload it on your channel. It's all about spreading the word here, but give credit if you feel you have to. Anyway, this video is short, so people will watch the whole thing and see the website details at the end. It's also exciting and energizing. It puts people in the perfect mood to go pledge on the website and start promoting. I would suggest uploading a new Black This Out video every time a new one comes out in order to keep it current in people's minds. I personally use Orbit Downloader to download videos from YouTube, but if you prefer another program, go ahead and use that instead. The important thing here is that all your subscribers are notified about the money bomb. Here is the link to Orbit Downloader in case you need it...

http://www.orbitdownloader.com/

2. Add an annotation on all your current and future Ron Paul videos up until Oct 19th mentioning the money bomb and listing the website. In my opinion, the best place to add the annotation would be the beginning of the video to guarantee as many people get to see the message as possible. Remember, not everyone finishes watching a video all the way to the end. Adding the message to the beginning will guarantee they see it. It might be even more effective to add one at the beginning for those who might not reach the end of the video, and one at the end in order to remind people to check out the website now that your video has completed. If you don't know how to add an annotation to your video, check out this tutorial...

http://youtu.be/O46Lfz4ekH0

3. Add the money bomb website link to your video description.

4. Either you yourself post a comment about the money bomb and link to the website, OR look through the comments section of your video and thumb up any comments referencing the money bomb. Doing either will automatically bump up the comment to the top of the comment list. The money bomb details will then be visible to everyone commenting on your video. In order to actually post a comment with the money bomb website in it, you may need to alter the address to look like this...

BlackThisOut[dot]com

Please consider taking these 4 steps on all your Ron Paul videos from now up until Oct 19th. It will really help to make as many people aware of this event as possible and it will guarantee Ron Paul has a $6,000,000 day. Also, when I'm sending out these messages, it definitely helps to increase my enthusiasm when people respond to let me know that they're actually going to help out. It lets me know whether or not I'm making a difference, so please let me know what you think. Anyway, thank you for considering this!

Facebook Promotion - A How to Guide:

How to Invite your Friends to the Black This Out Facebook Event

1. Go to the Facebook Event page for the money bomb.

2. If you haven't done so already, hit the "I'm Attending" button near the top right corner of the screen.

3. On the left side of the screen under the Black This Out banner, click the "Select Guests to Invite" button.

5. Check off the people you want to invite and hit the "Submit" button.

6. Try following up with people who you know are Ron Paul supporters by sending them a message about attending the event.

Getting Around the Facebook Event Invitation Limit

1. To get around the Facebook event invitation limit, if Firefox is your browser, watch this tutorial.

2. Install this add-on.

3. Install this script.

4. Refresh the Facebook event page.

5. On the left side of the screen under the Black This Out banner, click the "Select Guests to Invite" button.

6. Your invitation box should now have a "Select All" option.

Add a Black This Out Pledge App to your Ron Paul Facebook Fan Page

1. Go to the app page.

2. Click "Add to My Page" in the left sidebar.

3. Go to your page and go to edit settings.

4. Adjust the title and default tab as necessary.

5. Example: Black This Out Fan Page

Upload a Black This Out Banner Ad to Advertise the Event

1. Save the following picture to your computer.

2. Upload the picture onto your Facebook profile. It will show up as a large ad in your friend's news feeds.

3. The best way to do this is to upload the picture as a status update on other Ron Paul Facebook pages.

4. You can use this picture or make your own. The possibilities are limitless using the media blackout theme.

Example:

Photo:

Post Status Updates & Comments on Ron Paul Facebook Pages

1. Either type Ron Paul in the Facebook search box and hit "See more results for Ron Paul" in the dropbox...

2. Or use all of the Ron Paul Facebook pages that I've linked below. The pages with the most likes are higher in the list.

3. Go to the wall of any Ron Paul page and hit "Everyone."

4. Now post a status update on the wall about the money bomb so that everyone that visits the page will see it.

5. Post a new status update on these pages every so often to make sure new people visiting the page will always see it.

6. If the Ron Paul page or any other page posts an official status update, make sure to get in there and leave plenty of comments.

7. The best thing we can do is to leave comments and status updates in places where large numbers of Ron Paul supporters will see them.

Main Facebook Pages

Ron Paul
    Ron Paul 2012

Other Facebook Pages

Judge Andrew Napolitano
    Peter Schiff
    Thomas E. Woods Jr.
    Ron Paul.com
    Campaign for Liberty
    InforWars
    The Constitution
    Proud to be an American
    DailyPaul
    Blue Republican
    RON PAUL!
    Ron Paul Revolution
    Ron Paul Polls
    Ron Paul 2012
    Ron Paul 2012
    Ron Paul Fans
    Ron Paul Swag
    Southeast liberty Project
    1,000,000+ Citizens for Ron Paul & Jesse Ventura 2012
    Over 1,000,000 fans for RON PAUL, after all "Freedom is popular."
    Students for Ron Paul
    Women for Ron Paul
    Democrats For Ron Paul
    Ron Paul 4 President
    Ron Paul vs. Barack Obama in 2012
    Ron Paul vs. Ben Bernanke
    Americans for Dr. Ron Paul
    The Revolution A Manifesto by Ron Paul
    Ron Paul 'Constitutionally Correct' For President 2012
    Life Would Be So Much Better With Ron Paul As President!
    Farmers For Ron Paul
    International Supporters For Ron Paul 2012
    Ron Paul Fan Club
    Veterans for Ron Paul 2012
    Registering Republican Just to Vote for Ron Paul
    Ron Paul's Republican Registration BOMB
    Ron Paul's End the Fed
    Ron Paul 2012 Directory
    The Ron Paul Party
    Ron Paul Homeschoolers
    Ron Paul News
    Ron Paul Fans
    Ron Paul Forums
    Ron Paul 2012
    Ron Paul Club
    Ron Paul Flix
    Ron Paul Delegates
    Ron Paul 2012
    Ron Paul Friends
    Ron Paul Designs
    RON PAUL 2012
    Students for Ron Paul
    Christians for Ron Paul 2012
    Girls 4 Ron Paul
    Veterans for Ron Paul
    Ron Paul Social Networking Coalition
    Ron Paul is a hero!
    Ron Paul 2012
    For Liberty: How the Ron Paul Revolution Watered A Withered Tree of Liberty
    Catholics for Ron Paul
    Ron Paul Moneybomb HQ
    Ron Paul Revolution Shirt
    Ron Paul for President
    The Ron Paul Tab Revolution: Put the "RP Tab" on My "Like Page"
    Evangelicals For Ron Paul
    Americans for Ron Paul 2012

State Facebook Pages

Alabama
    Alaska
    American Samoa
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    District of Columbia
    Florida
    Georgia
    Guam
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Northern Mariana Islands
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    Puerto Rico
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Virgin Islands
    Washington
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming

Contact Info:

Official Website Creator - Dusman
    Facebook Event Creator - ItsTime
    Twitter Account Creater - ItsTime
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 02-19-2015 at 02:28 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great post.... we can definitely do more, and should, to step up promotion.
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

Good points! We need to work toward getting 60,000 pledges and we need to start now. Does anyone know if this MB is being promoted on Dailypaul?
    Last edited by davidt!; 09-19-2011 at 09:59 PM.

While i agree with your general point the Ready, Ames, FIRE! Moneybomb had a very low total but a high number of Facebook pledges. My point is that we should rely on Facebook pledges as the total amount of visibility.
    just me

I totally agree. I have been sending out invites to hundreds of people a day on Facebook. I have accumulated over 2000 friends in the past month and I post regularly about the BTO bomb. I love also that it is the anniversary of the British surrendering the Revolutionary War. Talk about a perfect fit!! A Revolutionary Day Money Bomb for the Ron Paul Revolution!!!

I have invited over 3000 people individually and I am posting the link on every Ron Paul page I can find. I am sending it to friends and asking them to donate too. I started a twitter account and I have 500 followers there. I regularly ask people to donate on Twitter. I agree totally about the videos...I don't know how to make them, but that is a fantastic way to spread this link.

What is everyone else doing? Maybe I can be more effective?

I've got over 10,000 liberty friends on Facebook. I'll invite all of them when I have a little time. I can usually invite them all at once, but Facebook is only letting me invite a few hundred at a time right now.

Does anybody have a new workaround for this?

invite friends on facebook but also post on youtube videos whats what i see lacking compared to 2007, and 2007 it was only 12 spammers in their mother's basement We can beat that!

I wish meetup groups were still going strong, those were a big help last time, more so then facebook...
    "Business as usual is not on the menu, folks...we're either going to into an era of immense resource scarcity, regimentation, governmental interference in our lives, tremendous propagandistic efforts to make us do one thing or another, or were going to pull the plug on scientism and its stooges and the institutions which feed [it]."-Terence McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    While i agree with your general point the Ready, Ames, FIRE! Moneybomb had a very low total but a high number of Facebook pledges. My point is that we should rely on Facebook pledges as the total amount of visibility.
    Yes, the Ready Ames Fire Money Bomb had 4,570 attendees, yet it didn't do as well. I believe this is because it was still so early. There is more of an emotional investment for people in this campaign now. They're much more dedicated to this presidential race now than before the Ames straw poll, which is why we got more money out of just 3,683 people during the Constitution Day Money Bomb. If we had that amount of attendees for the Ready Ames Fire Money Bomb, we would have made even less than $500,000.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep.

You are absolutely right. We need to push this hard, and early!

edit: this should be made sticky in "Ron Paul Grassroots Central" or put on the front page. We need everyone on board on this!
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

Another thing I noticed is that we need to be a little smarter about our Youtube videos. We've had some awesome videos made within the last month or two that have gained a lot of views, yet we didn't take advantage of these opportunities to promote the money bombs. For example, this video was dedicated to the Constitution Day Money Bomb, yet only received 2,674 views. Both the We The People and The Only One We Can Trust videos received over 130,000 views, yet neither took adantage of the opportunity to spread the word about the money bombs at the end of the videos. Even one of our oldest videos, A New Hope, with over 2,000,000 views talked about helping to raise funds at the end of the video. We need to be smarter about releasing these videos. They don't even need to mention the money bomb in the title, but please put a message at the end of the video just in case it ends up going viral.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 09-20-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickOdell View Post
    +rep.

You are absolutely right. We need to push this hard, and early!

edit: this should be made sticky in "Ron Paul Grassroots Central" or put on the front page. We need everyone on board on this!
    Agreed.

Spread the word far and wide. We need every single Ron Paul supporter to help on this one.

The Black This Out money bomb is being held on Oct. 19th...the day the British surrendered and we won the Revolutionary war. Isn't that perfect??? We can win TWO Revolutions on Oct. 19th, but you must help us spread the word. We need this one to be THE ONE that wins the Ron Paul Revolution!!!! Help please...spread the word far and wide and click attend...http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181997088537471

I am posting that everywhere Ron Paul supporters are. Post it on Youtube videos. Text to friends. Get them to text to their friends. Tweet it. I don't know what else there is, but whatever there is, post it! Let's show them all what the grassroots really is and what we can do when we ALL work our tails off for it. This has to be the one folks.

We just passed 1,000 on Facebook

As far as Youtube videos go, remember you can make annotations after the fact. The same video can just be changed to promote a new money bomb without losing views or honors. Annotations are limited, but it is better than nothing.

I'm trying to think of a video I can create to get some views/interest in this. If anyone has any ideas for me, please let me know. I think we should get a hold of Alexa too and see if she can start making videos now for the MB.
    Go check out my vocal covers on Youtube. Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdQYPR6lEo

Quote Originally Posted by NickOdell View Post
    This should be made sticky in "Ron Paul Grassroots Central" or put on the front page. We need everyone on board on this!
    I agree with you about the sticky, not just to get this information out, but also to put this 60,000 goal in people's heads. The more people shooting for a solid goal like this, the better chance we'll have of making it.

What about an ad on Drudge and elsewhere like they did about the debt celing?
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    I've got over 10,000 liberty friends on Facebook. I'll invite all of them when I have a little time. I can usually invite them all at once, but Facebook is only letting me invite a few hundred at a time right now.

Does anybody have a new workaround for this?
    I would suggest instead that you create a copy and paste message that sounds personal and start sending that to everybody on your list as well as sending the invite link. People can ignore the event link, but it's a little harder to ignore a message from somebody asking for their help in saving the country. I would also link them to this thread in your message letting them know how important it is to reach our goal of 60,000 people. The more people that are asked to help promote, the faster we'll get to our goal.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 09-19-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdlady View Post
    As far as Youtube videos go, remember you can make annotations after the fact. The same video can just be changed to promote a new money bomb without losing views or honors. Annotations are limited, but it is better than nothing.
    If this is true, then does anyone know how to get in contact with the people who made those two videos with the high view counts so we can ask them to add an annotation about October 19th?

Here is something else we can do. We need to get in contact with the owner of the Facebook event...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...81997088537471

...and ask them to add in a sentence in the description, something like "Can we break the $6 million mark? I know we can, but this can only be achieved if we have 60,000 attendees or more! That is our goal, so let's make it happen!" or something like that. We need everyone to know about this goal.

Also, we need to get in contact with the owner of the main money bomb website (Maybe the same person?) and ask them to include a link to the Facebook event as I don't see one listed on the website. This will allow people who find out about the money bomb through the website to go straight to the Facebook event and start inviting people.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 09-19-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Are there official events being created via the Ron Paul facebook page for these money bombs? If not, they NEED to. As a matter of fact, the next money bomb event needs to be created and needs to be on the official Ron Paul facebook page NOW. This would help tremendously. It gives it so much more credibility if it is created by the page itself...I would give anything to be able to help with the official facebook page as that is what I do! I know so much more could be done.

Come check out my blog, and connect
    with me online.

Blog: PoliticalAvenger.com
    Facebook: Facebook.com/PoliticalWatchdog
    Twitter: Twitter.com/PoliticsAvenged

I think its time for the mod's to step it up on this one too! We should have a pledge and facebook counter at the top of RPF so everyone can see if were achieving our goal...which of course is 60,000 attendee's. Mods we need your help for success!!
    Newt Gingrich

This is it! "Teaparty 11 Money Bomb"

DEC 16th 2011 Pledge to donate now at TeaParty11.com

Also, when sending emails to friends or supporters to pledge.. we must let them know that this one is different. A lot of folks probably feel money bombed to death.
    Newt Gingrich

Quote Originally Posted by mstrmac1 View Post
    I think its time for the mod's to step it up on this one too! We should have a pledge and facebook counter at the top of RPF so everyone can see if were achieving our goal...which of course is 60,000 attendee's. Mods we need your help for success!!
    That's a brilliant idea! People can ignore a sticky thread, but they can't ignore a damn pledge counter, lol. Put the goal right in front of everyone's faces, right at the top of the website where everyone can see it. I'm tired of seeing people on money bomb days post, "Oh wow, I didn't even know there was a money bomb today." It's just an example of our failure to get the word out. Put a pledge counter at the top of the website or something that measures the Facebook attendees and a button to attend. This will help to regroup the community's efforts around a single goal! Everyone will know what they're supposed to get done because it will be right there for all members to see.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 09-19-2011 at 11:16 PM.

That's a brilliant idea! People can ignore a sticky thread, but they can't ignore a damn pledge counter, lol. Put the goal right in front of everyone's faces, right at the top of the website where everyone can see it. I'm tired of seeing people on money bomb days post, "Oh wow, I didn't even know there was a money bomb today." It's just an example of our failure to get the word out. Put a pledge counter at the top of the website or something that measures the Facebook attendees and a button to attend. This will help to build the community's efforts around a single goal! Everyone will know what they're supposed to get done because it will be right there for all members to see.
    This ^.
    We seriously need EVERYONE helping on this. No slackers!
    "Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also, could someone at the DailyPaul post this as well? I don't have an account there. I know a lot of the users there are the same as here but there are some that aren't. We need their help too.

Ron Paul 2012!

That's a brilliant idea! People can ignore a sticky thread, but they can't ignore a damn pledge counter, lol. Put the goal right in front of everyone's faces, right at the top of the website where everyone can see it. I'm tired of seeing people on money bomb days post, "Oh wow, I didn't even know there was a money bomb today." It's just an example of our failure to get the word out. Put a pledge counter at the top of the website or something that measures the Facebook attendees and a button to attend. This will help to regroup the community's efforts around a single goal! Everyone will know what they're supposed to get done because it will be right there for all members to see.
    I don't think stickies work anyway. We need to think outside of the box on this one. We need everyone's help and the mods on this forum can help out a lot. I'm feeling a little grassroots harmony coming on!
    Newt Gingrich

Also, I think for this to happen.. somebody will have to write the script or code and submit it to the forums mods. Right?
    Newt Gingrich

Just an update...

The OP is completely correct. This past day, pledges have "blown up" simply because a few here have been pushing people to the web site on the forums, Facebook, Reddit, etc.

Here is a breakdown of the result:

Take notice of the % new visitors. There is a lot of people who haven't seen it yet, so it's not good to assume these moneybombs are even known about by a large amount of people.

My focus over the next few days will be to improve the share capability of the web site and also building up additional functionality that will encourage involvement. Anyone willing to help on some of the mundane tasks? Once I put in place some of these widgets and things, I'll need help from some people to get other web sites to pick them up.
    Last edited by dusman; 09-19-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by mstrmac1 View Post
    Also, I think for this to happen.. somebody will have to write the script or code and submit it to the forums mods. Right?
    I noticed on the DailyPaul.com he had the code, and there is an app that shows it on Facebook pages...so the code is already written. If anyone could reach out to the DailyPaul and get it, probably pretty easy from there...

Come check out my blog, and connect
    with me online.

Blog: PoliticalAvenger.com
    Facebook: Facebook.com/PoliticalWatchdog
    Twitter: Twitter.com/PoliticsAvenged

Dusman, are you the creator of the website and Facebook event? If so, please read my earlier post. I'll quote it here...

Here is something else we can do. We need to get in contact with the owner of the Facebook event...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...81997088537471

...and ask them to add in a sentence in the description, something like "Can we break the $6 million mark? I know we can, but this can only be achieved if we have 60,000 attendees or more! That is our goal, so let's make it happen!" or something like that. We need everyone to know about this goal.

Also, we need to get in contact with the owner of the main money bomb website (Maybe the same person?) and ask them to include a link to the Facebook event as I don't see one listed on the website. This will allow people who find out about the money bomb through the website to go straight to the Facebook event and start inviting people.

Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast