Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Statelessness vs. the State

Statelessness vs. the State

There is no contest... only understanding.

Ludwig von Mises states,
    We call the social apparatus of compulsion and coercion that induces people to abide by the rules of life in society, the state; the rules according to which the state proceeds, law; and the organs charged with the responsibility of administering the apparatus of compulsion, government.
    The state of controlling rulers is required to maintain liberty, peace, and prosperity.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So was this guy anti-state as in anti-federal government or anti-state as in anti-state government?

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Chaney View Post
    So was this guy anti-state as in anti-federal government or anti-state as in anti-state government?
    How about anti-county... anti-township ... anti-city... anti-girlfriend? Who actually rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    How about anti-county... anti-township ... anti-city... anti-girlfriend? Who actually rules?
    Without the state government the federal government would have swallowed the entire republic by now.... what are you, a big government guy?

Without the state government the federal government would have swallowed the entire republic by now.... what are you, a big government guy?
    Turn your TV off and your radio. I would suggest you read history. It is the girlfriend who controls society.

Turn you TV off. I would suggest you read history. It is the girlfriend who controls society.
    okay, well apparently you just want to waste my time and not have a serious conversation, so I'll leave this thread.

okay, well apparently you just want to waste my time and not have a serious conversation, so I'll leave this thread.
    Yes, Dick. Understanding is simply a waste of time.

Dick,
    This thread comes from a much deeper thoughtful thread, but few people can handle the truth. Can you? If so, then debate honestly.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4727040

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My TV is off, my radio is off, and I do read history. States rights is the only tool America has to defend itself from the federal governments bull $#@!.
    Last edited by Dick Chaney; 11-11-2012 at 08:48 AM.

My TV is off, my radio is off, and I do read history. States rights is the only tool America has to defend itself from the federal governments bull $#@!.
    The federal government is an illegitimate government. What they have is fake money, fake power, and a propaganda machine. They do not have the right to "kill lists." They kill people because they have an unlimited money supply, a military/police force, and the TV.

It is called "Statelessness" or "Anarchy." A legitimate state would put a stop to it. That is the purpose of a legitimate "State."

The reality of government, in some form, is part of our humanity. We are born into families, the basic form of government, where certain persons (parents) lead, have power, and act for the good of all members. Families can form bonds with other families to promote mutual good. But these bonds should be voluntary and easily dissolved when their purpose no longer serves the members of the family. For bigger governments, their only real value is to act as a place-keeper. That is, since they exist, some other won't occupy their spot. The idea is for that government to exist but exert as little power over others as possible while fending off others from becoming government.

Until humanity learns to comply, and abide, with the non-aggression axiom. Humanity will always need at the MAXIMUM, a small-limited government. I consider myself a Minarchist-Libertarian with Anarchist Tendencies. I see the potential in a world without the state, but I also acknowledge the logical reality that man cannot be trusted in a world without government.

Humanity as a whole must comply with the non-aggression axiom, if they wish to create a world without the state, and heaven on earth.
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

Quote Originally Posted by beaven View Post
    The reality of government, in some form, is part of our humanity. We are born into families, the basic form of government, where certain persons (parents) lead, have power, and act for the good of all members. Families can form bonds with other families to promote mutual good. But these bonds should be voluntary and easily dissolved when their purpose no longer serves the members of the family. For bigger governments, their only real value is to act as a place-keeper. That is, since they exist, some other won't occupy their spot. The idea is for that government to exist but exert as little power over others as possible while fending off others from becoming government.
    Exactly. There is no escaping the state. Therefore, the state must be designed to be as benign as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by beaven View Post
    Right, but families are not states. Anarcho-capitalism is anti-state, specifically, as a form of governance. It's not "anti-governance" as a whole, but says that institutions of governance should be open to a competitive market and funded voluntarily.

If a family were to look like the state, the parents would be putting their kids to work to support them and their rule "for the benefit of the family". The parents would end up living off their children coercing them to support the collective "family unit" and would have incentives to not allow them to leave or pursue independence. When the children began to grow into adulthood and seek independence and rebel, there would be a crackdown likely making everyone's lives miserable in an attempt to maintain the power structure.

"Statelessness" doesn't mean there is no governance whatsoever. It means there is no statist monopoly on governmental institutions.
    Last edited by noneedtoaggress; 11-11-2012 at 02:33 PM.

States are born from the idea of individual land rights. Surveying land, establishing boundaries, enacting trespassing laws, and protecting land rights is an aggressive move against the rest of society. Don't trespass on my land. Do not trespass in my house. Do not trample on my garden. Do not steal my livestock. And laws are born. The state comes with individual land rights.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy_of_Politics View Post
    Until humanity learns to comply, and abide, with the non-aggression axiom. Humanity will always need at the MAXIMUM, a small-limited government. I consider myself a Minarchist-Libertarian with Anarchist Tendencies. I see the potential in a world without the state, but I also acknowledge the logical reality that man cannot be trusted in a world without government.

Humanity as a whole must comply with the non-aggression axiom, if they wish to create a world without the state, and heaven on earth.
    That is centuries away... not decades.

That is centuries away... not decades.
    More than likely. But, I don't attempt to make that assumption. Perhaps the ills of this government, will result in this rapid era of enlightenment necessary.
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy_of_Politics View Post
    More than likely. But, I don't attempt to make that assumption. Perhaps the ills of this government, will result in this rapid era of enlightenment necessary.
    Hope is eternal. Until then a legitimate state is the only hope for liberty, peace, and prosperity. This is the Earth and the Earth is not Utopia.

You said that you would copy and paste all of the posts from the other thread into this one, which would necessitate that it would be found in the Philosophy subforum, based upon board rules. I had no idea this thread was here until it turned up on the popular threads list on the cover page.

At this point, I think we'd just as well continue with the existing thread.

Exactly. There is no escaping the state. Therefore, the state must be designed to be as benign as possible.
    Ancient iceland and ireland as well were used as models for having competing states not based on geography where u could leave one and join another or form your own.

If that's too extreme you can just support a trend of decentralization. meaning try to get rid of the federal government, try to weaken states, try to weaken townships, etc.
    Last edited by Agorism; 11-11-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    You said that you would copy and paste all of the posts from the other thread into this one, which would necessitate that it would be found in the Philosophy subforum, based upon board rules. I had no idea this thread was here until it turned up on the popular threads list on the cover page.

At this point, I think we'd just as well continue with the existing thread.
    I am lazy like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Ancient iceland and ireland as well were used as models for having competing states not based on geography where u could leave one and join another or form your own.

If that's too extreme you can just support a trend of decentralization. meaning try to get rid of the federal government, try to weaken states, try to weaken townships, etc.
    Tiny tiny populations.

There came a point in my life where the republican ideas of Liberty and Free market did not work for me any more. I knew of Libertarians before that and had this feeling in my gut so to speak that I was one. So I set out to define libertarian. Came across these videos that were meant for beginners.
    the first one made sense to me.

The second I thought ok i get it, but I don't see how a Free Market would prevent a foreign invasion or any form of government rising with in. Video sounds like somebody reading to a child.

The third just scared the crap out of me. So i get to trade a government police army for a bunch of Pinkertons no thanks i just want to be left to defend myself.

This is the point that I learned what a An-Cap was. New to me. Now being around An-Caps on this forum i like them, polite and smart and i generally agree with them on economics, but not the role of government or lack there of. I guess it comes down to how much government each of us is willing to tolerate. Tolerate not the best word choice, because we all tolerate a heck of a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    There came a point in my life where the republican ideas of Liberty and Free market did not work for me any more. I knew of Libertarians before that and had this feeling in my gut so to speak that I was one. So I set out to define libertarian. Came across these videos that were meant for beginners.
    the first one made sense to me.

The second I thought ok i get it, but I don't see how a Free Market would prevent a foreign invasion or any form of government rising with in. Video sounds like somebody reading to a child.

The third just scared the crap out of me. So i get to trade a government police army for a bunch of Pinkertons no thanks i just want to be left to defend myself.

This is the point that I learned what a An-Cap was. New to me. Now being around An-Caps on this forum i like them, polite and smart and i generally agree with them on economics, but not the role of government or lack there of. I guess it comes down to how much government each of us is willing to tolerate. Tolerate not the best word choice, because we all tolerate a heck of a lot.
    Those videos are as lazy as I am. None of them understand "Human Action" like Mises does. As a matter of fact, very few people can even understand what Mises writes. Only 1% can read Mises. The 99% simply can't do it.

Those videos are as lazy as I am. None of them understand "Human Action" like Mises does. As a matter of fact, very few people can even understand what Mises writes. Only 1% can read Mises. The 99% simply can't do it.
    Yes, that's it. You're intellectually superior to 99% of the human population. That's obviously the answer. Unfortunately you fail at tenses, and/or you believe that Mises is still alive, which tends to work against that [absurd] conclusion. Alternatively, you're just pulling random numbers directly out of your ass, which is probably why they smell so bad.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Yeah, I haven't even started to tackle Mises yet. I'll work my way to it someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Yes, that's it. You're intellectually superior to 99% of the human population. That's obviously the answer. Unfortunately you fail at tenses, and/or you believe that Mises is still alive, which tends to work against that [absurd] conclusion. Alternatively, you're just pulling random numbers directly out of your ass, which is probably why they smell so bad.
    lolz I suggest the ignore function. It's much less frustrating than trying to reason with an extremely unreasonable person like Trav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Yeah, I haven't even started to tackle Mises yet. I'll work my way to it someday.
    Don't let him fool you. Human Action may seem daunting, but it's really not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    lolz I suggest the ignore function. It's much less frustrating than trying to reason with an extremely unreasonable person like Trav.
    Lol. Nah, I learned not to bother trying to reason with him. He's made it abundantly clear that he has no regard for reason. But I don't mind pointing out how much of a derp he is.
    Last edited by Cabal; 11-11-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Don't let him fool you. Human Action may seem daunting, but it's really not too bad.

Lol. Nah, I learned not to bother trying to reason with him. He's made it abundantly clear that he has no regard for reason. But I don't mind pointing out how much of a derp he is.
    Yet HB34 is not intellectually able to read Mises himself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast