Thread: Angus Reid Poll: Independent voters like Ron Paul more than any other Republican contender

Thumbs up Angus Reid Poll: Independent voters like Ron Paul more than any other Republican contender

Ron gets 26% saying he would make a good president amongst independents. And Ron Paul is in third with 20% on the question 'who would make a good president', amongst ALL voters!

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/4404...r-gop-in-2012/

Across the United States, 23 per cent of respondents think former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney would make a good president, followed by Texas Governor Rick Perry with 21 per cent, and Texas Congressman Ron Paul with 20 per cent.
    How can they pretend he isn't competitive?!?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-15-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    no one cares?

How about this part:

Analysis

Since an Angus Reid Public Opinion survey conducted in July 2010, the one contender who has lost the most ground is Newt Gingrich, falling five points among all respondents and 15 points among Republican voters. Conversely, Ron Paul has gained six points among all Americans and 11 points among GOP voters.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-15-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Great poll. We're definitely moving up. I would love to see this poll given some fair coverage by the MSM. We'll see if that happens.......

Gaining 6 points among all voters....Great news.

Gaining 11 points among GOP voters..... HUGE! Gives me great hope.

This is a post Tea Party Debate poll, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by gb13 View Post
    Gaining 6 points among all voters....Great news.

Gaining 11 points among GOP voters..... HUGE! Gives me great hope.

This is a post Tea Party Debate poll, correct?
    Pre Tea Party Debate Poll

From the link in the OP

Methodology: From September 1 to September 2, 2011, Angus Reid Public Opinion conducted an online survey among 1,787 randomly selected American adults who are Springboard America panelists. The margin of error—which measures sampling variability—is +/- 2.3%. The results have been statistically weighted according to the most current education, age, gender and region data to ensure samples representative of the entire adult population of the United States. Discrepancies in or between totals are due to rounding.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Is RCP accepting this ill?

I hope this poll is legit as that's the best Paul has ever polled period, which of course makes me wonder if it's legitimate.

edit- ah an online poll kind of like Zogby.
    Last edited by Agorism; 09-15-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Is RCP accepting this ill?

I hope this poll is legit as that's the best Paul has ever polled period, which of course makes me wonder if it's legitimate.

edit- ah an online poll kind of like Zogby.
    It isn't 'who would you vote for amongst these' it was 'who would be a good president'. I assume you might think two or three of them would make a good president, but only be able to vote for one, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Hadn't picked up on the online part, but if they only poll once a year, who would be signing up?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-15-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Where did you find this poll. I don't see it posted anywhere

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    just a google search. It was there.

The respondents could choose more than one as a "good president" in this poll. It also polled everybody, including Dems, Republicans, Independents, etc. So I would guess that for most of these candidates, most of their support came from Republicans, whereas for Ron, it may have been close to an even split with Republicans and Independents.