Thread: Attn: PAULBOTS - Winning Words: "SHEEP" "NEOCON" "DRONE" "ZOMBIE" and these ain’t it!

Attn: PAULBOTS - Winning Words: "SHEEP" "NEOCON" "DRONE" "ZOMBIE" and these ain’t it!

Attn: PAULBOTS - Winning Words: "SHEEP" "NEOCON" "DRONE" "ZOMBIE" and these ain’t it!

A day never goes by that I don’t see a Ron Paul supporter using the words "SHEEP" "NEOCON" "DRONE" or "ZOMBIE"!

BTW I’ve used these words in reference to many who don’t support Ron Paul, but never directly at someone whom I was arguing with, or even after they called me a Paulbot.

Do you think these words help or hurt us? Are we causing the US Vs. THEM mentality, and putting possible Ron Paul supporters on the defense, when we use these terms?

For the sake of getting Ron Paul elected should we discontinue the use of these LOSING words, except when we have our super-secret meetings?

Shouldn’t we do our best to use logic and facts to win arguments, versus resorting to name calling, even if they are truly a spawn of Satan?
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're just saying that because you're an anti-government paultard drone zombie.

j/k, agree 100%

Yes, you don't have to agree with 100% of Ron's foreign policy views to avoid being labeled a "neo-con." In reality, there's really only a few outright neo-cons such as Bill Kristol, Liz Cheney, Charles K, Marc Thiessen, etc.

Negative rep for derek b

The topic of this thread is language that supporters should be using
    Your post in the thread that you link was about what Ron shouldnt say to a neocon audience

Do not confuse the two

I will continue to use the words empire occupation invasion in a blue state where my converts are anti-empire anti-occupation anti-invasion

Well, I'll give Derek a +rep to balance it out.

OP's right. Insults do very little to win people over. Whether the person to be won over is the target of the insult, or a bystander.

Also... you dont want to end up on the onion like these guys:

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I agree 100%. We have to keep the tone civil, even if the people we are talking to are not. Fighting and name calling is a complete waste of time and is a negative to the cause. If a conversation has degraded to (or starts as) name calling, it is over.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You could try using
    - a pyroclastically fulminating mumpsimus
    - a bloviating ultracrepidarian
    - an inaniloquent exsibilationist
    - an autolatry driven aeolist

Just keep your charientisms high brow and they won't know what hit 'em if ya just have to say something.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    You could try using
    - a pyroclastically fulminating mumpsimus
    - a bloviating ultracrepidarian
    - an inaniloquent exsibilationist
    - an autolatry driven aeolist

Just keep your charientisms high brow and they won't know what hit 'em if ya just have to say something.

Rev9
    ^^ Love it! But it seems even when we present the 911 commision report as a source to what motivates the terrorist, they continue to live in denial. They're damn "Blowback Deniers"!
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

Well, I don't think it helps and I don't use these words out in the real world but I am guilty on forums of using them and they inflame so I try to not use them but the word "neo con" is a foreign policy ideology, don't like the word....don't be one.
    "Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” Barry Goldwater

If your on the interwebs arguing/debating with an actual Neo-con drone zombie, its better to STOP then to waste your time with name calling. No amount of "winning words" is going to convince a person who has a Pavlovian bloodlust response to the word "Palestinian" or "Muslim". I don't waste my live on those people.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by civusamericanus View Post

A day never goes by that I don’t see a Ron Paul supporter using the words "SHEEP" "NEOCON" "DRONE" or "ZOMBIE"!

BTW I’ve used these words in reference to many who don’t support Ron Paul, but never directly at someone whom I was arguing with, or even after they called me a Paulbot.

Do you think these words help or hurt us? Are we causing the US Vs. THEM mentality, and putting possible Ron Paul supporters on the defense, when we use these terms?

For the sake of getting Ron Paul elected should we discontinue the use of these LOSING words, except when we have our super-secret meetings?

Shouldn’t we do our best to use logic and facts to win arguments, versus resorting to name calling, even if they are truly a spawn of Satan?
    trolls use those words, pretending to be us, they sound so bad to those not already supporters. They know how effective they are at turning others against us. No one likes their intelligence insulted.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Neo-con is a real political word....there is nothing derogatory about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    If your on the interwebs arguing/debating with an actual Neo-con drone zombie, its better to STOP then to waste your time with name calling. No amount of "winning words" is going to convince a person who has a Pavlovian bloodlust response to the word "Palestinian" or "Muslim". I don't waste my live on those people.
    ^This. Sometimes we just have to realize some people are not reachable. I used to get into debates with people like this but in the end, nothing good ever came of it. I was agitated and they never had any intention of listening to a single word I said...

Just move on to people or groups who are willing to listen to what you are saying. You will have more success!
    Go check out my vocal covers on Youtube. Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdQYPR6lEo

civusamericanus, I knew I liked you.
    Right on.
    Be responsible, civil and polite.

... and not crazy if possible.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by civusamericanus View Post

+1000 no one in history has ever been called a name and THEN changed their mind. We have to be the better people and stop with the name calling no matter what. It's about the issues. Those "drones" actually want a good life for themselves too. Keep empathizing with the person you are debating and you will have a much better conversation.

You mean like this thread that the mods refuse to move?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...arently-stupid...

at least they edited out the c@nt word.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-in-NY View Post
    civusamericanus, I knew I liked you.
    Right on.
    Be responsible, civil and polite.

... and not crazy if possible.
    I just keep telling myself, these people we call NEOCONS, they're actually non-interventionist, they just don't know it yet. It's up to us to help them see things objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredom101 View Post
    +1000 no one in history has ever been called a name and THEN changed their mind. We have to be the better people and stop with the name calling no matter what. It's about the issues. Those "drones" actually want a good life for themselves too. Keep empathizing with the person you are debating and you will have a much better conversation.
    The vast majority of these people aren't in bed with the military industrial complex, they're simply being misinformed...

no awarding of + or - rep points from me here
    Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    I will continue to use the words empire occupation invasion in a blue state where my converts are anti-empire anti-occupation anti-invasion
    i'm with shemdogg on this one. we are all smart enough to understand our audience (we wouldn't be RP folks if we were dumb). these words are very powerful with just about everyone i know and consider a friend, relative, or peer in this state. of course i bottle these up when i'm hanging out at the republican meetings and side towards the words freedom and bankruptcy and over-regulation, etc. i have many folks that would have rather cut off their fingers than vote republican hoping they will get the chance to vote for him. as we get closer to the caucuses i will bet that many i've been speaking with will be motivated through anger and disgust to attend their republican precinct caucuses.

just my .02