Thread: I started to work on my brother & Mom this week...

I started to work on my brother & Mom this week...

...I asked my eldest brother who he was planning on voting for and he said he hadn't decided yet (GOP candidate), so I told him I was planning on Ron Paul. That's as far as we got this time.

Then tonight I had a long talk w/ my 86 yo Mom.....she was leaning toward Rick Perry. She doesn't do internet, doesn't do television. Gets most of her news from the radio. I read off the list on the Liberal Rick Perry blog. She had heard of some of the things (knew he was a former Democrat) but a lot of the stuff she hadn't heard about, so she thought he was just a guy who had erred in the past and has since come to his senses. By the time I was done, she seemed to be convinced that he isn't who she thought. I also went over Dr. Paul's history with her (she really didn't know much about him at all) and his positions, most of which she agreed with, although she was skeptical about stopping the drug war and the overseas fighting. She is pretty convinced that those things are keeping us safe, but agreed that the overseas fighting is bankrupting us. She had no opinion on the Fed (as I'm sure is the case with the VAST majority of voters). I told her I'd try to get her a book on tape of his (her eyesight isn't so good anymore). Any suggestions?

I've also been working on my youngest sister for a month or so (just sent her a link about the origins of the Tea Party and how there are quite a few neocons in it now).

Also sent the link about Obama having a primary opponent in Dr. Paul to my youngest brother who is a big gov't liberal who I'm sure voted for Obama. No response yet....
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Old people tend to be more socially conservative, which is probably why she's against stopping the overseas war and the war on drugs. more war per se.

Tod, on your youngest brother change strategy a bit. Work on getting him to spread the idea of doing a democrat version of the republicans' 2008 OperationChaos to get dems to vote for Ron Paul in the open primary so they will help Ron and mess with the establishment as payback.

No need to even mention the controversial issues like drugs unless she asks directly

unless her poor eyesight is caused by glaucoma.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    No need to even mention the controversial issues like drugs unless she asks directly
    Last edited by Voluntary Man; 09-15-2011 at 01:38 PM.

'The Creature from Jekyll Island' is excellent. Don't know if it's available in audio. Check the author's website: realityzone.com or librebox, if Griffin hasn't made one, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    ...She had no opinion on the Fed (as I'm sure is the case with the VAST majority of voters). I told her I'd try to get her a book on tape of his (her eyesight isn't so good anymore). Any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntary Man View Post
    'The Creature from Jekyll Island' is excellent. Don't know if it's available in audio. Check the author's website: realityzone.com or librebox, if Griffin hasn't made one, yet.
    I checked. The Creature from Jekyll Island is on audio on the website.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

I've been working on your mom for weeks.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On the Fed, this is a good one:

Liberty Defined is a good book...and has audio options.
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

Folks, the end the fed is not a way to get new voters...

Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    Folks, the end the fed is not a way to get new voters...
    If "the economy" is the number 1 issue for pretty much everyone, I'd say the culprit for our $#@!ty economy and the entity that allows for the endless welfare and warfare is a pretty good topic to attract new voters. His mom is 86 years old, I'd guess she is on a fixed income. Fed policies are wiping out savers, those on fixed incomes, the middle class, and the poor. They are destroying the purchasing power of the dollar and I'd bet she's noticed no COLA's for the past few years in spite of rising prices at the grocery store, gas pump, and her utilities.

Ron Paul got into politics because of the breakdown of the Bretton Woods Agreement and our terrible fiscal and monetary policies. If voters understood that he is the only one running who predicted our financial calamities and that he also understands economics, the free market, and is providing solutions to our problems instead of talking points...I don't see how that won't attract new voters.
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post

Buh BAMMM!!

Of course, his mom is 86..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Been working on my mom for two years now. Things are going very well. She was an accountant for the DOD( don't laugh! ) and she was the type who LOVED the Bush family and wore desert storm t-shirts. Now she is telling her friends about inflation, questioning the war, and HATES when she sees someone pulled over for a broken headlight. She's always the one cracking the jokes about how when she sees cop lights going by that they better get those lemonade stands and taze the H311 out of those people. Shes being sarcastic by the way, but she is right in a way.

She's 86 years old, she obviously then remembers a time when with a silver dime she could buy a gallon of gasoline or pretty much all the groceries to make dinner with. I think that's how you could get her on board with Ron Paul's monetary policy. Get her to remember her own experiences with sound money. Tell her a 1964 silver dime is now worth $3.

I would focus more on the spending issues though and on Ron's social conservative principles. That should work on older people. Also you might want to talk about how he wants to fix Social Security for the younger generation, if she's 86, she is probably collecting SS checks, and it probably helps her out quite a bit. Make her understand that the younger generations won't get a penny of that unless something is done, and Ron is the only one with real reform in mind. Show her how if she had invested all the money she gave to SS she'd have double or triple what the government gives her.

Play to her experiences and her current situation. Show her how much better off she'd be if Ron Paul were president or if he'd been listened to over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Oh, you bad Kludge. You bad.