Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State by State Voting Information

State by State Voting Information

If Voter Eligibility is Closed, you MUST be a registered Republican to vote in your state's Primary/Caucus.

State / Territory Election
    Date
    Election
    Type
    Voter
    Eligibility
    Reg.
    Form
    Reg.
    Status
    Reg.
    Deadline

Notes
    Alabama 03/13 Primary Open Paper Status 03/02/12
    Alaska 03/06 Presid.
    Pref. Poll
    Closed Paper Status Can register to vote and register Republican at Presidential Preference Poll
    American
    Samoa
    03/13 Territor.
    Convent.
    Closed Instr.
    Arizona 02/28 Primary Closed Paper Status 01/30/12
    Arkansas 05/22 Primary Open Paper Status 04/23/12
    California 06/05 Primary Closed Paper Status 05/21/12
    Colorado 02/07 Precinct
    Caucus
    Closed Paper Status 12/07/11 Deadline to register Republican
    Online 01/09/12 Deadline to register to vote
    Connecticut 04/24 Primary Closed Paper Status 01/24/12 Deadline to register Republican
    04/19/12 Deadline to register to vote and for unaffiliated voters to register Republican by mail
    04/23/12 Deadline to register to vote and for unaffiliated voters to register Republican at Town Clerk or Registrar
    Delaware 04/24 Primary Closed Paper Status 02/24/12 Deadline to register Republican
    03/31/12 Deadline to register to vote
    District of Columbia 04/03 Primary Closed Paper Status 03/05/12 Deadline to register to vote by mail and to register Republican
    03/12/12 Deadline to register to vote at Board of Elections
    If deadlines above missed, can register to vote at Board of Elections between 03/19/12 - 04/02/12
    If deadlines above missed, can register to vote at ward-based early voting centers between 03/24/12 - 03/31/12
    If deadlines above missed, can register to vote at polling place
    Florida 01/31 Primary Closed Paper Status 01/03/12
    Georgia 03/06 Primary Open Paper Status 02/06/12
    Guam 03/10 Caucus Closed Instr. Status
    Hawaii 03/13 Caucus Semi-Open Paper Status 02/11/12 Deadline to register to vote
    If deadline above missed, can register to vote and affiliate with Republican Party at Caucus
    Can affiliate with Republican Party online or by mail
    Idaho 03/06 Caucus Closed Paper Status 02/10/12 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican
    If deadline above missed, can register to vote and register Republican at Caucus
    Illinois 03/20 Primary Open Paper Status 02/21/12 Deadline to register to vote
    03/13/12 Deadline for Grace Period registration (must register in person and immediately vote)
    Indiana 05/08 Primary Open Paper Status 04/09/12
    Iowa 01/03 Precinct
    Caucus
    Closed Paper Status 11/29/11 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican
    If deadline above missed, can register to vote and register Republican at Caucus
    Kansas 03/10 Caucus Closed Paper Status 02/17/12
    Kentucky 05/22 Primary Closed Paper Status 12/30/11 Deadline to register Republican
    04/23/12 Deadline to register to vote
    Louisiana 03/24 Primary Closed Paper Status 02/22/12 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican for Primary
    04/28 District
    Caucus
    Closed Online 12/15/11 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican for Caucus
    Maine 01/28 -
    03/03
    Municipal
    Caucus
    Closed Instr. Status Deadline to register Republican is 16th day before Caucus
    Unenrolled voters (not registered with any party) can register Republican at Caucus
    If registering to vote for first time, can register to vote and register Republican at Caucus
    Maryland 04/03 Primary Closed Paper Status 03/13/12
    Massachusetts 03/06 Primary Semi-Closed Instr. Status 02/15/12 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican
    Unenrolled voters (not registered with any party) can vote without registering Republican
    Michigan 02/28 Primary Open Paper Status 01/30/12
    Minnesota 02/07 Precinct
    Caucus
    Open Paper Status Can register to vote at Caucus
    Mississippi 03/13 Primary Open Paper Status 02/11/12
    Missouri 02/07 Primary Open Paper Status 01/11/12
    03/13 -
    04/10
    County
    Caucus
    Open
    Montana 06/05 Primary Open Paper Status 05/07/12 Deadline to register to vote
    06/05/12 Deadline to register to vote at County Election Office
    County
    Delegate
    Convent.
    Must be a Precinct Committeeman or Committeewoman to participate
    Nebraska 05/15 Primary Closed Paper Status 04/27/12 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican by mail
    05/04/12 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican at County Clerk
    Nevada 02/04 Precinct
    Caucus
    Closed Paper Status 01/20/12
    Online Online registration for first time registrants only
    New Hampshire 01/10 Primary Closed Instr. Status 10/14/11 Deadline for Democrats to register Republican or Undeclared
    01/03/12 Deadline to register to vote at Town or City Clerk
    If deadline above missed, can register to vote at polling place
    Undeclared voters can register Republican at polling place
    New Jersey 06/05 Primary Closed Paper Status
    04/11/12 Deadline to register Republican
    05/15/12 Deadline to register to vote
    Unaffiliated voters can register Republican day of Primary. If you are a declared Independent, you must register Republican by the deadline above.
    New Mexico 06/05 Primary Closed Instr. Status 05/08/12
    New York 04/24 Primary Closed Paper Status 10/14/11 Deadline to register Republican
    03/30/12 Deadline to register to vote
    North Carolina 05/08 Primary Semi-Closed Paper Status 04/13/12 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican
    05/05/12 If deadline above missed, can register to vote only (cannot change party affiliation) at a One-Stop Site
    Unaffiliated voters can vote without registering Republican
    North Dakota 03/06 Caucus Open N/A N/A N/A Do not have to register to vote
    Northern Mariana
    Islands
    03/10
    Caucus Closed Paper Status Can register to vote and register Republican at Caucus
    Ohio 03/06 Primary Open Paper Status 02/06/12
    Oklahoma 03/06 Primary Closed Paper Status 02/10/12
    Oregon 05/15 Primary Closed Paper Status 04/24/12
    Pennsylvania 04/24 Primary Closed Paper Status 03/26/12
    Puerto Rico 03/18 Primary Open
    Rhode Island 04/24 Primary Semi-Closed Paper Status 01/25/12 Deadline to register Republican
    03/24/12 Deadline to register to vote
    South Carolina 01/21 Primary Open Paper Status 12/21/11
    South Dakota 06/05 Primary Closed Paper Status 05/21/12
    Tennessee 03/06 Primary Open Paper Status 02/06/12
    Texas 05/29 Primary Open Paper Status 04/30/12
    Utah 06/26 Primary Closed Paper Status 05/26/12 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican by mail
    Online 06/10/12 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican online
    Unaffiliated voters can register Republican at polling place
    Vermont 03/06 Primary Open Paper Status 02/29/12
    Virgin Islands 03/10 Caucus Closed Instr. Status
    Virginia 03/06 Primary Open Paper Status 02/13/12
    Washington 03/03 Precinct
    Caucus
    Open Paper Status 03/02/12
    West Virginia 05/08 Primary Semi-Closed
    Paper Status 04/17/12 Deadline to register to vote and register Republican
    Wisconsin 04/03 Primary Open Paper Status 03/14/12 Deadline to register to vote by mail
    03/30/12 Deadline to register at Municipal Clerk
    If deadlines above missed, can register to vote at polling place
    Wyoming 02/11 -
    02/29
    Precinct
    Caucus
    Closed Paper Status
    Last edited by tsai3904; 04-23-2012 at 05:19 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    useful info, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I will sticky this once it bounces around a while so people know we have it. Things tend to be ignored when they are stickied, but it will be easier to find in the long run.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Washington State - precinct caucuses - open, not sure of the date. if you are a Washington State resident please try and become a precinct committee officer (automatic delegate to district or county conventions). the vast majority of precincts lack a republican PCO.

last time i elected 3 neighbors to fill out the 4 positions we had for the district meeting. only myself and a fellow RP supporter showed up at the precinct caucus but only one of those folks (and myself) showed up for the district meeting and we fell about 20 votes short of electing 34 or so delegates for the district meeting.

+rep
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Just a side note - check your own state to see if the voter registration forms are available online for download. If they are, download and print out as many as you can to hand out to friends and family members if they are not registered to vote. I plan on making sure as many family members of mine are registered this time. Last election, some didn't register on time and they wanted to vote for Ron!
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

+ rep

would you be willing to load this chart up on scribd and give me a link?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Since it is not included in the chart, let me inform the creator that NH has a primary system. In fact, NH has had the first in the nation primary for at least 50 years and the NH primary is internationally known as the most important primary in the US.

Also, what does Instr. mean? I've always voted on a paper ballot in NH.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 09-15-2011 at 05:06 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Great idea, for Georgia -it's an Open election :
    http://www.sos.georgia.gov/elections...ion%20Deadline
    -it's a primary (couldn't find an official website site saying that).

Also the link to a paper voter registration is dead, replace it with :
    http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/vot...Fill_2007).pdf

Finally concerning the deadline, I have no idea... I'll have to call and ask.
    Last edited by banks11; 09-15-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death. Patrick Henry
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Since it is not included in the chart, let me inform the creator that NH has a primary system. In fact, NH has had the first in the nation primary for at least 50 years and the NH primary is internationally known as the most important primary in the US.

Also, what does Instr. mean? I've always voted on a paper ballot in NH.
    I know that NH has a primary system. When I fill in the table, I want to be able to source it to something official. Since NH hasn't set their date yet, they have no information online about their 2012 elections so I'm just going to wait a bit before I update it. The 2012 election calendar will most likely be completed by October 1 since that is the RNC imposed deadline so this table will be constantly updated within the next month.

Also, under the column "Reg. Form" (which stands for Registration Form or Voter Registration Form), "Instr." means Instructions. I guess NH doesn't provide voter registration forms online for you to print out and send in. They provide instructions on how to register to vote instead, which I linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by banks11 View Post
    Great idea, for Georgia -it's an Open election :
    http://www.sos.georgia.gov/elections...ion%20Deadline
    -it's a primary (couldn't find an official website site saying that).

Also the link to a paper voter registration is dead, replace it with :
    http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/vot...Fill_2007).pdf

Finally concerning the deadline, I have no idea... I'll have to call and ask.
    Thanks for the link. I had the same link in there but there seems to be a problem when I try to copy that link and paste it as a URL. I think it has to do with the two spaces in between "registration" and "app" in the URL. I shortened it so hopefully it works now.

Since Georgia hasn't set their primary date yet, there is no official deadline just yet. Most states will set their dates by October 1 so this table will be constantly updated til then.
    Last edited by tsai3904; 09-15-2011 at 09:15 AM.

nice chart - though I qould question some of the info like how many semi-closed elections there are. You seem to have too few according to other sources.

Also a bit annoying as to all the scrolling back and forth and up and down needed to read it. How about abbreviating things like paper, internet, instruction could be P, I, Ins. or Primary vs caucus could be P or C so it would all fit on one page without the scrolling.

Could you list sources?

thanks,

-t

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    nice chart - though I qould question some of the info like how many semi-closed elections there are. You seem to have too few according to other sources.

Also a bit annoying as to all the scrolling back and forth and up and down needed to read it. How about abbreviating things like paper, internet, instruction could be P, I, Ins. or Primary vs caucus could be P or C so it would all fit on one page without the scrolling.

Could you list sources?
    I know most have to scroll vertically to see the entire chart but do you have to scroll horizontally too?

For sources, they're all linked. About 95% of the data in the table is linked to a source. Let me know if you find any mistakes.

Bump for this important info.
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    I know most have to scroll vertically to see the entire chart but do you have to scroll horizontally too?

For sources, they're all linked. About 95% of the data in the table is linked to a source. Let me know if you find any mistakes.
    Yes - I have to scroll horizontally too.

It's a real PITA!

-t

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know that NH has a primary system. When I fill in the table, I want to be able to source it to something official. Since NH hasn't set their date yet, they have no information online about their 2012 elections so I'm just going to wait a bit before I update it. The 2012 election calendar will most likely be completed by October 1 since that is the RNC imposed deadline so this table will be constantly updated within the next month.

Also, under the column "Reg. Form" (which stands for Registration Form or Voter Registration Form), "Instr." means Instructions. I guess NH doesn't provide voter registration forms online for you to print out and send in. They provide instructions on how to register to vote instead, which I linked to.
    In NH you register in person, typically at the voting location just before you vote. There are other ways to register to vote in NH but registering and then voting is certainly the most efficient.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Does anyone have the information on state the state votes. I mean the delegate votes that result from each state.

never mind )
    Last edited by LindaAngst; 10-08-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: info was wrong

Unhappy

I sent in my registration for Texas weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

The 1/24 deadline in CT is the last date to switch parties. Unaffiliated or unregistered voters have until the April dates.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch150 View Post
    The 1/24 deadline in CT is the last date to switch parties. Unaffiliated or unregistered voters have until the April dates.
    You're probably right, but Connecticut is vague about this on their website. If you have a source that specifically says this, please let me know; otherwise, I'll try contacting them.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by ninepointfive; 10-22-2011 at 02:44 PM.

You're probably right, but Connecticut is vague about this on their website. If you have a source that specifically says this, please let me know; otherwise, I'll try contacting them.
    Title 9, Chapter 143, Sections 9-57 and 9-59. New and unaffiliated voters have until noon the day before the primary. Transfer of party from Libertarian to Republican or Democrat to Republican, has to be done 90 days prior.

Sec. 9-57. Application for enrollment by new elector at time of admission. Attachment of party privileges. Notwithstanding the provisions of any special act or charter to the contrary, whenever any person makes application for admission as an elector in person to an admitting official, he may, on an application for admission as an elector, make application for enrollment on the list of the political party of his preference. Any such elector who has so applied for enrollment shall, upon acquisition of electoral privileges, immediately be entitled to all the privileges of enrollment in the party named in his application, unless (1) he ceases to be an elector in the town or voting district in which he is entitled to vote, as the case may be, (2) he makes application for erasure or transfer or enrollment on the list of another party in accordance with the provisions of section 9-59, (3) he files his application for enrollment with the registrars of voters of his town of residence after twelve o'clock noon on the last business day before a primary, in which case he shall be entitled to the privileges of party enrollment immediately after the primary, or (4) he files his application for enrollment with the registrars of voters of his town of residence on the day of a caucus or convention, in which case he shall be entitled to the privileges of party enrollment immediately after the caucus or convention. The registrars of voters or assistant registrars shall add the names of all persons making such application to the enrollment list or supplementary enrollment list of the political party of each such applicant's preference, provided, if a caucus or convention is to be held, such registrars or assistant registrars shall prepare separate lists of such names according to party, on the day before such caucus or convention.
    Sec. 9-59. Erasure or transfer of name. Any elector whose name appears on any enrollment list or who has made application for enrollment may, at any time, make a written application, on an application form for admission as an elector, which shall be signed by such elector, to either registrar for erasure of his name from such list or for transfer of his name to the enrollment list of another party. If an elector makes an application for erasure, his name shall be erased from said enrollment list and, if a municipality is having a primary in which unaffiliated electors are authorized to vote, under section 9-431, such elector's name shall be placed on the list of unaffiliated electors together with the date he is eligible to vote in a primary. If an elector makes an application for transfer, his name shall be transferred to the enrollment list of another party, together with the effective date of such transfer. Any elector whose name has been transferred from one enrollment list to another or who has applied for erasure or transfer of his name from an enrollment list shall not be entitled to participate or vote in a caucus or primary of any party, participate in the appointment of members to any board or commission that is political in nature, be appointed as a member of any board or commission that is political in nature or be entitled to the privileges accompanying enrollment in any party for a period of three months from the date of the filing of his application for transfer or for erasure. Any elector who removes his name from the registry list and from an enrollment list in accordance with the provisions of section 9-35b shall not be entitled to enroll in any political party or vote in any primary for three months after such removal. The registrars of voters shall state, on the notice of acceptance sent under sections 9-23g, 9-19b and 9-19e, the date enrollment privileges take effect, if delayed.
    http://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/ch...tm#Sec9-57.htm
    Last edited by enoch150; 11-03-2011 at 07:46 PM.

OP- are you sure AZ's primary is closed? I seem to find conflicting info about that. Link to info from the attorney general or some credible source, plz. I was asked about this today, and I wasn't sure.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    When I follow this link, I find it leads to http://www.co.mohave.az.us/ContentPa...id=118&cid=135 Isn't there a link that applies to the whole state? Mojave is a relatively small part of the state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast