Thread: Limbaugh warns Bachmann, Romney not to attack Perry for ‘Ponzi scheme’ remarks

Limbaugh warns Bachmann, Romney not to attack Perry for ‘Ponzi scheme’ remarks

h xxp://dailycaller.com/2011/09/12/limbaugh-warns-bachmann-romney-not-to-attack-perry-for-ponzi-scheme-remarks/

He says it isn’t an endorsement, but radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh warned Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s competitors that he will go to bat for Perry if they choose to attack him over his claim that Social Security is a “Ponzi scheme.”

During his Monday show, Limbaugh warned the 2012 Republican field not to use Perry’s remarks against him. He specifically named Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.

“I’ve not endorsed anybody and this is not an endorsement” Limbaugh said. “But be very careful if you start attacking Rick Perry on Social Security and the ‘Ponzi scheme.’ There are too many of you out there who have already said that yourselves — Mitt Romney. Mitt, you have already called it a Ponzi scheme. And worse.”

“I’ve got a whole list of people here — media and outside — in politics who have referred to Social Security as a Ponzi scheme,” Limbaugh went on. “And I’m hearing that Michele Bachmann is preparing to lay into Rick Perry about Social Security being a Ponzi scheme. And I would like to warn everybody: Be careful here because you’re pandering to the media.”

Limbaugh said Social Security wasn’t billed as what it has become and that such a characterization from Perry wasn’t necessarily out of bounds.

“Do you think that if Social Security had been honestly described as what it was — well, if somebody came to you and said ‘we’re going to create a Ponzi scheme, that you’re not going to have any choice’ — would you want it?” Limbaugh asked. “Of course not. Would you like a program that’s going to guarantee your retirement? Yeah, fine. It’s all about how the whole thing was put together.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/12/li...#ixzz1XlE1dFzG

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Lightbulb

good ole glandular onair always Rush is now a debate referee demanding an end to hyperbole?
    Last edited by Aratus; 09-14-2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: should have held back until 4:44 to catch my typo

Why would Bachman attack him for that? Maybe Romney.

Did he also wag his fingers in the candidates' faces when he gave them that warning?
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Wait, it was Ron Paul who first called SS a Ponzi scheme, so now Rush agrees with Ron Paul?

For once in my life, I actually agree with Limbaugh. Wow, this is surreal.

The only reason Limbaugh says its not a ponzi scheme is because it was not done "in secret". He doesn't even argue the fact that the last ones in pay the first ones out, and that mathematically SSI is exponential in function.

This means since people get more out of it than they pay in to it, the system is designed to fail and rip off the last people who pay in.

Since this part of SSI is a secret, or at least a well guarded fact, I'd tell Limbaugh to stuff it. It's definitely a Ponzi scheme the way it is designed and totally relied on an ever expanding rise in population and workers. Sort of like the system of debt that we have under the Federal Reserve. Without 5-10% growth in to infinity, there is no way either system can survive. Failure is absolute since there is finite space on the planet earth.

Rush endorses Ron Paul!!!.......................................'s ideas.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    as he grabs her wrist, and shoves his finger in her face

this is just too much BS for me..

What do you expect, after all Rush is an Honorary Texan
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

In a way, it's good that Rush made this comment. He's basically calling them all out for being hypocrites, which is always a positive thing.

I guarantee everyone on that stage has used the term 'ponzi' to describe SS. Ron wouldn't attack Perry for using those words, because Ron has specifically stated those words before as he understands SS is indeed a ponzi scheme, lol.

What time i this debate?

Quote Originally Posted by agorism View Post
    what time i this debate?
    7:00 cst