Thread: Internet Arbitration

Internet Arbitration

I found this posted to the Bastiat Institute FB page this morning. What are your opinions on this?

http://www.judge.me/
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Suppose 2 people have a dispute, the law is in one party's favor, and he knows it. Do you suppose that said party would prefer to go to court, or to use this internet service?
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

Also, Private Arbitration is not a new industry. It's been around for ages, yet, many many people choose to go to actual court every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    Suppose 2 people have a dispute, the law is in one party's favor, and he knows it. Do you suppose that said party would prefer to go to court, or to use this internet service?
    The law being on your side has only marginal relationship to the outcome of court cases. If that were not the case, lawyers wouldn't be able to pull in a national average of $284/hr. With the law on my side, I'd chose private arbitration - it would be faster and more likely to be just.

Can you use arbitration in divorces? If so, I totally screwed myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The law being on your side has only marginal relationship to the outcome of court cases. If that were not the case, lawyers wouldn't be able to pull in a national average of $284/hr. With the law on my side, I'd chose private arbitration - it would be faster and more likely to be just.

Well, what actually happens most of the time, is that the other party also knows that the law is against him and he doesn't even bother to challenge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    I would say court only because it's a circus and often rules in favor of the guilty. But that's just the cynic talking.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO