Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul going on Opie & Anthony?

Ron Paul going on Opie & Anthony?

I'm watching Anthony's webcast and he just said they're working to get RP in studio.

He says it at the 2:00:00 mark.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17201703
    Last edited by rawful; 09-11-2011 at 03:15 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Strongly dislike them. I have faith he'll be ready to fire back!

I like Howard Stern better.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

I can't stand them. I would not expect anything articulate to come out of them.

I used to always listen to them, Anthony loves guns. I don't see why he wouldn't be all for Ron Paul.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anthony seems to agree with 98% of ron paul's stances, but he nonetheless sticks to the usual "he has some good ideas, but he's a lunatic" response whenever ron paul is brought up.

The problem is that he approaches politics from a mainstream perspective and prefers to believe the mainstream media over all else because he attributes popularity with credibility. Due to this, he believes that muslims hate us for our freedoms instead of them hating us because we bomb the hell out of them. He likely won't change his mind on this issue either because it's so deeply entrenched in his world view.

Having said that, I think Ron Paul should definitely think about going on the show because it would give him some well needed exposure. Jim Norton has said some good things about Paul on the show, so hopefully they will treat him respectfully if he ever goes on their show.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I saw that interview with Jesse Ventura, and they laugh about people killing themselves.

Those guys are clowns. I'd rather he go on another program, Joe Rogan would be keen.

Ya, I don't think Ron should go on.

We should start a campaign to get Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope on the show to represent Paul both are smart guys and capable of dealing with these guys on there own level, should they go low brow.
    Last edited by evilfunnystuff; 09-11-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Ron will do well. They won't attack him because they like enough of what he says. I just hope he's ready for tranny jokes.

Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

refuse.

I'd rather have Ron on the Adam Carolla show.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    I'd rather have Ron on the Adam Carolla show.
    This^^^ Carolla would be respectful.
    Last edited by evilfunnystuff; 09-11-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

Anthony is a super right-wing conservative. He's a smart guy, but he disagrees with us when it comes to foreign policy. Jim Norton has been warming up to Ron Paul's views on ALL fronts and if Ron is going to be on the show, I have a feeling that Jim is the reason for it.

Incidentally, I love those guys. I listen to their full show every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric21ND View Post
    Those guys are clowns. I'd rather he go on another program, Joe Rogan would be keen.
    Rogan is excellent.

O&A frequently have him on. They also have Penn on all the time. I think it would be great to have Ron Paul on WITH at least one of those two guys. It would be a Libertarian love-fest.

O&A are nice to every guest who doesn't come in and treat them like garbage, like Jesse Ventura did.

id strongly suggest that this is one interview that ron shouldnt be in. please someone with influence with pauls people, let them know this is a BAD idea. this will only make paul either look foolish or just plain un presidential. we dont need a morton downy jr type thing now from these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    id strongly suggest that this is one interview that ron shouldnt be in. please someone with influence with pauls people, let them know this is a BAD idea. this will only make paul either look foolish or just plain un presidential. we dont need a morton downy jr type thing now from these guys.
    Why do you say that? They have libertarians on all the time. Penn, Rogan, Stanhope, etc. Lordy, Alex Jones is a regular on the show and he always has a great time with the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Why do you say that? They have libertarians on all the time. Penn, Rogan, Stanhope, etc. Lordy, Alex Jones is a regular on the show and he always has a great time with the guys.
    Don't forget Bill Burr, he voted for him. They're friends with half of Ron Paul's celebrity supporters. lol

You are the Universe experiencing itself

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawful View Post
    Don't forget Bill Burr, he voted for him. They're friends with half of Ron Paul's celebrity supporters. lol
    oh! right! I forgot about Burr.

I just watch Let It Go on Friday. I laughed out loud many times, one of which was when he was impersonating his potential son saying "Daddy keeps money in the walls because he doesn't trust banks!"

I actually think it's not a bad idea for Ron to go into an unfriendly territory. If he's on his game and calls them out on the bullcrap, he'd be planting the seed of liberty with what could be unlikely sources. They may fight it at first, but I do believe people do come around eventually. And Ron's a wise old owl, he can take of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    I actually think it's not a bad idea for Ron to go into an unfriendly territory. If he's on his game and calls them out on the bullcrap, he'd be planting the seed of liberty with what could be unlikely sources. They may fight it at first, but I do believe people do come around eventually. And Ron's a wise old owl, he can take of himself.
    The more I think about it, the more I think it might actually be a waste of time. Those guys push libertarian talking points constantly, and their guests constantly do the same. Further, their target audience, males aged 18-40, are already pretty solidly supporting Paul.

That said, I'm sure they'd give Ron a VERY fair shake and that they'd come away from the interview singing his praises even more than they already do.

Some Jim Norton tweets recently:
    "Ron Paul won overwhelmingly (54%). Does it mean anything? Maybe. Am I a douche for answering my own question? Absolutely."

"Watching Ron Paul clips. He seems to really know his $h*^. He is answering specific questions smartly. His suit fits poorly. I like him."

"I think Ron Paul is a smart guy, answered questions brilliantly. But I will never support someone that thinks evolution is wrong."

"“@JasonLCox: Who cares if he believes Jesus rode dinosaurs? If he can fix this country, he can f&^* my mother for all I care.”- Good point"

"What I DO like about Ron Paul is that he answers questions directly. I guess i'm up in the air. Enough politics, I need my @%^ eaten."

Ahahaha, I love it. He won't go on O'Reilly's show because he's not journalistic enough, but he'll go on Opie and Anthony.
    (No, I'm not the Starcraft guy)

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old.
    And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

started from the beginning of this Live From the Compound show, and I just got to the part where Ant hinted at the Ron Paul interview. Sounds like he's really excited for it and considers Ron to be a nice get. In-studio, to boot! That really would be wonderful.

All 3 would love him. This is a must, how can we make it happen?
    If I was a statist, this would rock me back: YouTube - Michael Badnarik on liberty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast