Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adultery ILLEGAL in Florida!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Adultery is cheating on your spouse
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

FL: Couples Living Together Without Being Married Can Get Arrested

This may come as a surprise to you, but it is still illegal in Florida to live together as man and woman when you are not married. More surprising is that in the last twelve months, a hundred and four people have been charged with a misdemeanor. One state lawmaker thinks the statute has outlived its purpose

Tallahassee, FL --August 31, 2011 --

Think of the year 1868. That’s when it became illegal to live in sin in Florida. The law is still on the books. Which was a surprise to Abby, who moved in with her boyfriend two months ago, after being together for a year. Abby doesn’t want us to tell you her last name because she doesn’t want to be arrested.
    Pretty nutso.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yeah, that's fornication.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yeah.

These are cohabitation laws. They're on the books in many states, counties and cities. I thought the only place they were somewhat enforced wa Utah though.

Quote Originally Posted by realtonygoodwin View Post
    Here we call it Californication, so I guess there it would be Flornication.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I thought the only place they were somewhat enforced wa Utah though.
    Really??

I've known so many people in Utah who did this and never gave it a second thought.

In fact, I've known some lesbian couples in Utah, I wonder how the state treats that.

Adultery (also called philandery) is sexual infidelity to one's spouse, and is a form of extramarital sex.

Fornication is a term that typically refers to consensual sexual intercourse between two people not married to each other.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Really??
    I've known so many people in Utah who did this and never gave it a second thought.
    In fact, I've known some lesbian couples in Utah, I wonder how the state treats that.
    I would assume UT only enforces it on polygamous couples.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Shadow View Post
    Just remember. Likely republican voters are the only ones who can possibly vote for Ron Paul in the primary. What does this have to do with your thread? Nothing. But you through that factoid around in other threads where it's off topic so I decided to return the favor.

And for the record, adultery is illegal in a lot of states. It just typically isn't enforced.

Edit: And I just noticed that this is talking about fornication, not adultery.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 09-09-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I wonder how that applies to co-ed dormitories?

Really??

I can't remember where I read it, I'll look for it though. Statewide I know of Mississippi, Virginia, Florida, and Michigan having laws against cohabitation. Although I believe they've been considered unconstitutional
    Since Lawrence v Texas. I'll look up the cases I read about in Utah. I know they used to use those laws against polygamists, but not so long ago I was reading about them using those laws recently.

More surprising is that in the last twelve months, a hundred and four people have been charged with a misdemeanor.
    Why would anyone bother to enforce this? They really have nothing better to do?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I would assume UT only enforces it on polygamous couples.
    yeah that's probably what I read about. I'm sure they could challenge it in court though, since it's widely considered that cohabitation laws are unconstitutional since Lawrence v Texas in 2003

I would prefer everyone wait until marriage to have sex, but I don't want there to be sex police.

I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    Why would anyone bother to enforce this? They really have nothing better to do?
    Easy money.

Why do they enforce speeding laws?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    Why would anyone bother to enforce this?
    Jealousy

resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I would prefer everyone wait until marriage to have sex, but I don't want there to be sex police.
    define: "marriage"

This is just as stupid as laws about what positions you are and are not allowed to have sex in (such as in Missouri).
    Ridiculous, outdated, and over-reaching.

Hmm... 1868... So, first they pass a law making marriage a function of the state so that black and white people can't marry each other. Then, those people say, okay we'll just live together in a common law way. So they pass a law to make co-habitation illegal.

Yup... Just another law for haters.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    define: "marriage"
    However that particular state defines marriage.

I stand with Rand.

Exactly. The actual definition is "sex outside of marriage".

Of course it is possible for males and females to cohabatate without being sexually involved; millions of people do that.

If they're enforcing the law and I was one of those 104 ticketed I'd start taking a keen interest in how the local public officials and their relatives live. Reporting violations that would be embarrassing and copying to the media would probably get them off the books rather quickly. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they're targeting lower income people or "troublemakers" with this as anyone who can afford a lawyer probably wouldn't be someone they'd target. Easy to push around the defenseless.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

A victory for terrorizers? Another one of our freedoms goes down the tube.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invi View Post
    This is just as stupid as laws about what positions you are and are not allowed to have sex in (such as in Missouri).
    How would they go about enforcing that? LOL. I know there are still some laws on the books where you can hit your wife on the courthouse steps... but only on Sunday... flucking ridiculous. There are a lot of stupid laws out there which need to be repealed. Who cares if you like to bang your chick doggy style? Personally, I like my girl on top Cowgirl position yeah! LOL.
    Last edited by AFPVet; 09-11-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

However that particular state defines marriage.
    why do you care about the state's definition of marriage?
    and why do you "prefer everyone wait until marriage to have sex"?

I only ask because usually people holding your latter opinion, hold that opinion for religious reasons, yet your answer was completely secular in nature.

I'm of the opinion that all freedom lovers should opt-out of govt marriage licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Shadow View Post
    Exactly. The actual definition is "sex outside of marriage".

Of course it is possible for males and females to cohabatate without being sexually involved; millions of people do that.
    Then why did you title the thread erroneously? It is not adultery they are talking about.

Adultery - Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse.
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/adultery
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do: the absurdity of consensual crimes in America

http://deoxy.org/ccrime.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Invi View Post
    So much for the concept of "freedom".
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast