Thread: Once they considered Reagan unelectable...

Once they considered Reagan unelectable...

I think we should dig up all the old articles that claimed Reagan was unelectable due to age, and I'm sure at that time various political leanings.

I think it would be huge to throw together a grassroots video that points this out, points out the media black out, and goes to various Ron Paul clips regarding electability and talking points.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Anyone? I don't have any experience in making youtube videos and would rather see someone that has the knowledge and could make a quality video vs some hodge podge thing I could make.

You could almost replace Reagan with Paul in that article

Yep, and Dr Paul's personal relationship to Reagan can be used to the campaign's advantage. I think it's honestly a story/viral video waiting to happen if done properly.

Would make a good campaign video
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

I agree and the campaign should capitalize on the idea.

We need to spread this and hit every negative article that says anything about age or unelectability with quotes from that era. People are seeing seeing through this but let's put them in their place anyway.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    YES YES YES! I never realized this kind of stuff happened to Reagan. We need to push this hard. "Pick the man of principle not who the establishment says you should. They once called Ronald Reagan unelectable as well."

I remember it well. I mostly listened to radio for news back then but believe me before this time magazine artical the mantra "Reagn can't win, Reagan is to old, Reagan is to extreme and Governor reagan can't start a war, president Reagan will" was very loud going all the way back to the 76 election. If RP wins one early primary or caucus this is what the howls from all sides will be against RP. Notice that Reagan was very disliked by the estabilishment republicans as well.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

You could replace Ronald Reagan with Ron Paul in that article and it would almost sound current.

Doug Wead discusses this frequently. They TRASHED Reagan as much as they could, but yet he still won and got reelected.

What are we waiting for let's make a video!

this could be HUGE if done properly

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Shadow View Post
    Doug Wead discusses this frequently. They TRASHED Reagan as much as they could, but yet he still won and got reelected.
    And it happened without the internet because Gore had not invented it yet. We can definitely win this!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wrote a letter to the campaign around the same time as the thread, not claiming responsibility, but I love the new ad!